New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #37 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Ashland, Kentucky
“Good night stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

My husband and I stayed on 3/25/14. It was a nice room and comfortable for us. I would stay with RRI again in the future. The room was great for the price we paid. This is right off the highway and behind a gas station so if you needed to get back on the highway you can easily access it within about 30 seconds.
*I wish there was sugar and creamer packets for the coffee. I had some left from the drive but only enough for 1 cup.
That's my only suggestions which isn't a big deal at all. Thank you for a nice stay, although I wish it was on better circumstances (funeral).
When we return for a visit in the future, I will stay here again!

Room Tip: There is no elevator to get to the second floor, so if you need one choose a bottom level room.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
RRI44, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lexington North, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I am glad to hear we were able to need your needs during this difficult time. I hope you will consider us again if you’re in the Lexington area. Sincerely, Wendy S.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
atl
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

This is one of the newest renovated model hotels (one of the banners said the first one to be done in that fashion) and we stumbled upon it dead tired at 3am out of the blue (crashed in more like it).

Asides from the huge banner saying so, the outside looks 100% like the old RRIs. Alright, no problem.

Now the office is nicely done, even if it is the original super small size. It smelled clean, it was clean, the colors were nice.

Staff was ok. Pleasant and calm, keep in mind its 3am and the person was obviously more tired than we were. But no complaints.

The whole hotel was non smoking but we all know what happens when contractors get in the rooms.. yep, our brand new room in the brand new renovated hotel had significant smoke odor. Oh well, you can't have nice things with some people I suppose.

The room itself was clean, the tv decent size, tv choice (directtv) was great as was reception quality. Beds were nice, pillows too.

Besides the smoke odor the only iffy thing was the ac unit. Couldn't get the temperature right.. Eventually set it to cool (34F outside) to stop it from baking the room.

So I would currently recommend this hotel, but not sure for how long. The guests are working hard on bringing it down to dingy level. So use it while its new!

Location is meh with only a waffle house nearby. It will do but nothing great.

Room Tip: Smell your room before you move in. Request a new one till you find one not polluted by tobacco.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
Please accept my apologies for the odor in the room. I will make sure to share this with our housekeeping staff so they pay more attention going forward. I am glad to hear that you were pleased overall with the new look. While the waffle house is the closest to the property, we do have several other choices within a couple of miles of the inn. I hope you will consider us again if you are in the Lexington area.
Cincinnati, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

I stayed for one night on "no frills" business trip. Price & location fit what I was looking for.
The Inn with large/tall sign was very easy to find exiting interstate at exit 113. (Although it was still daylight for my check-in). Inn was fairly full due to Kentucky basketball game & other university events,however, I found my room to be very quiet. Front desk recommended nearby restaurant-"Horseshoes Bar & Grill" which was just outside of walking distance. It had a decent menu and was resaonable for dinner. I found that the Wifi working well throughout my stay.
I will consider Red Roof Inn in the future for "no frills" and clean rooms based upon this experience.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Albert B
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

This is a standard Red Roof Inn, no frills, but you do not stay are a RRI if you want frills. Limited TV channels, small bathroom. If you believe in the adage "dirty windows, dirty house", I rank this location a 7 on a scale of 1-10. Front desk friendly and fast. Nice that all rooms are smoke fee, not so nice that smokers smoke is sucked into room air/heat unit when smokers stand outside the next room.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

We stopped at this location on the way home from Alabama, on one of the storm nights..
Staff was pleasant. They were limited in what rooms were available due to the bad weather, so we had to take room on the second floor. It was a nice and clean room, looked to be newly renovated. There were only two towels, for two people. We didn't bother to ask for another towel, but I am sure they would have given us more. The other problem was you could hear other people when they took a shower, Sounded like the water was on in our bathroom. Nothing the staff could do about the noise, seems like it might have been a design problem with the building.
overall very good experience.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tripswdogs
RRI44, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lexington North, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Thank you for the nice review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I will be sure to share your thoughts with the rest of our team. Thank You, Wendy S.
Knoxville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

Nothing fancy about this Red Roof Inn, just average compared to others we have stayed in. Room smelled like smoke when we entered, and would have the smell of smoke at different times throughout the day. Beds were hard and the pillows were way too firm. There was a snow storm in Lexington while we were there. Parking lot was slippery and dangerous, even after snow plow made a quick "clean up". Upstairs walkway was covered in snow. Made it hard to get into our room without slipping. Stairs leading up to the second floor were covered in snow, seems like there was no attempt made to clean that off. Could have easily fallen down the stairs.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Backroads_Wanderer
RRI44, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lexington North, responded to this review, February 9, 2014
The safety of our guests is extremely important to us. I certainly apologize for the issues that you encountered during your stay. Please know your review will help us to continually improve our property. Thank you for sharing your concerns. I hope you will consider us again if your back in Lexington. Wendy
Barrie, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

we have always tried to make our plans so that we spend the night at this hotel. It is off the road, so quiet and the rooms have been renovated recently - nice waffle carpets in the room we stayed in. Mary on the front desk is always helpful, as is the rest of the staff. Lots of area around and in front of the hotel to walk dogs.

Room Tip: ground floors in the middle are my choice
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
RRI44, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lexington North, responded to this review, January 26, 2014
Thank you for the nice review. I will make sure to share your thoughts with Mary as well as the rest of the staff. We look forward to seeing you again.