“Reasonable and clean”

Ranked #38 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Ripley, West Virginia
“Reasonable and clean”
Reviewed November 19, 2013

Reserved directly from the hotel, reservation went smoothly, check-in and check-out were fast and easy. The room was clean, decently furnished and reasonably priced. The deciding factor for me was that there was no extra charge for my dog, while most of the other area motels charged from $10 to $75 a night extra for a pet. I would recommend this hotel to anyone just needing a decent place to sleep. It does lack an indoor pool, so if I travel with my grandkids, I would likely have to choose a different place. One small nitpick is that the fan comes on automatically with the bathroom light. I often leave a bathroom light on and just crack the door to allow a little light in case I wake up during the night, but the fan was too noisy to do that. This could be resolved by packing a small night light.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
RRI44, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lexington North, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Thank you for the nice review. I"m glad to hear we were able to meet your needs. We hope to see you and your pet again on your next trip through Lexington.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Evansville, Indiana
Reviewed November 15, 2013

I checked in and the man at the front desk was good . He ask if I had any questions and check in was fast and smooth . He also called my room and checked into see if I needed anything and to make sure my room was up to my expectation . I had a clean room and a flat screen TV. The bath room was clean and a great shower. The next day I went to my car getting ready to go and was greeted by a staff member that said hi. The staff is friendly and very helpful. I must praise the management team for a great staff .

Room Tip: I like a room on first floor so I can drive up to my door.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
RRI44, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lexington North, responded to this review, November 17, 2013
Thank you for the review. I’m glad to hear we made a great impression. I will be sure to share your thoughts with our entire team. Wendy
KY
Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

We had to stay here because we came to a UK game last minute and everything in Lexington was booked up. This was the only decent looking place that had rooms available. It was not horrible but not good either. It was more of a motel than hotel (doors to rooms on outside.) my husband thought he saw a security guard outside. I'm not sure if they have one or not though. This place is far away from downtown, far away from Hamburg, and far away from the mall in Nicholasville. I wouldn't stay here again unless it was a last resort. Rooms were okay clean though. I didn't find anything nasty or disturbing. It just wasn't nice. Not my kinda place...

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SaraMcKay
I appreciate you taking the time to review our property. We strive to offer a clean, comfortable room to each of our guests. I hope you will reconsider staying with us again.
Wendy
Ohio
Reviewed November 9, 2013

I booked through Redroof.com and reserved a 2 full bed deluxe with my AAA card for 70.99 a night. When I got there they had a hard time finding my reservation and so I had to show my copy of my reservation receipt that I printed online for them to find it. They then stuck us in a regular 2 full bed room which was the wrong room type. No biggie, Josh at the front desk moved us to the correct room after I showed him my reservation receipt again. During checkout they charged us for full price for the room and not the AAA rate and the lady at the front desk got mouthy with me and said that is how I reserved it. After telling her that was not true and that I booked it with my AAA on their website she finally gave in after a few minutes. So when you book a room they don't want to honor the website or the AAA discount . It seems they were trying to pull a fast one here. I will never stay there again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your recent stay. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the reservation confusion as well as the way it was handled. I have shared your comments with the staff; we will use this as a training opportunity to improve service. I hope you will give us another chance if you return to Lexington.
McMinnville
Reviewed November 5, 2013

The personnel at this Red Roof location are always the nicest and sweetness people and really go out of their way to make you feel welcome. They always remember me and what floor I prefer to stay on and call me by name when I arrive. They are the only Hotel that does that with me.
I really appreciate all of their help and kindness.

Room Tip: You will not be disappointed in your experience at this location
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
RRI44, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lexington North, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Thank you for the great review. I will make sure to share your thoughts with the entire team. We look forward to seeing you next time you are in Lexington.
Sincerely, Wendy
Quinte West, Canada
Reviewed October 30, 2013

I stayed there while on business. Josh at front desk was helpful and know how to make a pleasant stay. He even convicted me to get a redicard :) will stay at this hotel again and will recommend to other co workers and other drivers.

Thank you.

• Stayed October 2013
RRI44, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lexington North, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Thank you for becoming a member of our loyalty program. I will make sure to share your comments with Josh. Positive guest feedback, like yours, is always an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. We look forward to seeing you on future travels. Wendy
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Each year I visit Lexington on business. This is my third year and each time I have stayed at this hotel. It is clean, conveniently located and the staff is wonderful. I highly recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the wonderful compliment. We certainly appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again next year.
Wendy