“Staff VERY Understanding”

Ranked #39 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Illinois
“Staff VERY Understanding”
Reviewed July 14, 2008

My car broke down 50 miles from Lexington & I eventually had to cancel my reservation of 2 rooms at this hotel - after the cutoff period for cancellation. The staff could not have been more cooperative or understanding. They did not charge me anything for the cancellation despite it being after the deadline. It's refreshing to find a staff and chain hotel that is so understanding. Red Roof just went a LONG way to getting all of my future business.

• Liked — staff
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank samonmain

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Chicago
Reviewed May 28, 2008

We chose this Motel because it was cheap. We figured we were only staying one night on our way further south. Big mistake. Firstly the area around the motel is kinda scarey. I ventured out for a bite to eat and quickly returned if you know what I mean. The worst part was at 10 pm we were awoken from our sleep by someone cleaning either the lot or the corridors with a gas powered leaf blower. Then again at 3 am by the people in the room next to us. The walls are paper thin and the rooms have connecting doors as well. Needles to say don't expect to get any sleep if your neighbors are night owls. The room was supposedly renovated. In a word SUCKED.

• Liked — leaving
  • Disliked — the memory of it all
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank leo1976

Travelers are raving about these Lexington hotels

Chicago Suburbs
Reviewed May 1, 2008

Stayed at this property for 2 nights. Basic King room was smaller than I expected but it was clean, comfortable and seemingly recently remodeled. Everything worked well. Internet was not free but $10.00 extra per day. Also, no hair dryers in the room. Would have liked one. Also no breakfast provided.

• Liked — Clean/Comfortable
  • Disliked — No Free Internet, hairdryers & breakfast
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled solo
1 Thank gallopgirl
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed February 2, 2008

On a trip to the Smokey Mountains we decided to stop here for the night and it was potentially, the worst night of sleep I'd had. After 9 hours of night driving I was so sleepy I was worried I'd fall asleep at the wheel. So, at 1:00 in the morning I called redroof and they gave me this hotel for an astounding 24.99 a night. I knew it wouldn't be pretty but for no more than the 5 hours sleep I'd need, it couldn't be too bad.

So, after checking in with a very pleasant front desk staf in what felt like a pretty safe area I went to my room to find a king size bed and a fairly clean room. The bathroom wasn't filthy, but was showing its age, complete with rust stains and cracked tile.

The bed, I'm 100% sure was made of fists. I felt like I got beat up while I was sleeping. Prior to this night of sleep, I'd drove for 9 hours, mostly at night and been up 31 hours. I couldn't finish my entire 5 hours of sleep in the bed and gave up.

This was jsut one room though, and others may not be this bad. I can't believe I'd ever say this about a 25.00 a night hotel, but I feel like I got the worse end of the stick.

• Liked — leaving
  • Disliked — The bed made of fists
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank armyofchad
Burlington, Vermont
Reviewed December 27, 2007

Needed somewhere to stay near Lexington during our road trip. I was reluctant to book a motel but after reading the reviews here I thought I would give it a try since the location was perfect for us.
I was not disappointed. The room was clean and looked recently remodeled. The area was quiet and we got a good night sleep. The coffee bar in the reception area was a nice touch. The toiletries are limited and the rooms are small, but for $45 a night I can’t complain

• Liked — It was very clean and modern
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Kimber_jewel
Bay City, Michigan
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 2,395 helpful votes
Reviewed September 25, 2007

We recently spent 2 nights here at this Red Roof Inn in Lexington, KY. I was very hesitant to do so, because for many years, most RR Inns have gone downhill, in my opinion. However, I wanted a cheap, convenient place to stay in Lexington on a weekend night, in an area we are familiar with, and the Red Roof Inn came up as one of the cheapest. It had some real good reviews, so I took my chance. I was so very pleased with everything! The staff were helpful with our questions. Checkin and out was a breeze. The room was quite delightful-all newly redecorated, with modern decor and touches. Great lighting (a must with me), and everything worked very well. The room and grounds were clean. The parking lot was full. The location is excellent and is near several restaurants, gas stations and is convenient to both I-75 and 64. I was so impressed with this motel, that I reserved a night on our way back to our home, and will stay here again when in Lexington.

• Liked — location, cleanliness, remodeling
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank tymetraveler222
Eagle, Michigan
Reviewed July 19, 2007

Bedding, carpet, and furniture all looked great. No stains, tears, or fading evident anywhere in our room. The beds are doubles so a little small for two people but were comfortable. A good choice for a one-night stay. Internet service is offered but has a charge separate from the room charge.

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Disliked — Room is a little cramped.
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family