“convenient, affordable” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #40 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Asheville, North Carolina
“convenient, affordable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

This is my traditional stop off point on my trips to see family. I look for an affordable room that is clean and convenient. Some of the Red Roof Inns have upgraded to larger buildings, more amenities but their prices have increased. if you are on a budget and can be satisfied with a clean, comfortable room this is a good deal. I payed $15 more at another RR Inn in Miamisburg with same features although not as clean. No coffeemaker but you can get that in the lobby. No refrigerator. Not sure if some rooms might have those things. The other RR Inn I stayed at a few days earlier had more expensive rooms with those options.

Mostly fast food restaurants nearby so maybe plan to go further down the road for that. I'll be staying here again for my next trip through the area. Bed and pillows were fine. Limited TV channels although it included HBO and rental movies. Noisy AC unit if that bothers you. Good WI FI.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Donna G
RRI44, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lexington North, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Thank you for the nice review. I’m glad to hear that we were able to meet your needs. I will be sure to let our housekeeping staff know you enjoyed your stay. We do offer our Superior King room with in room coffee, Micro-Fridge and a larger work space. I hope we see you again.
Wendy Sparks

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

For the last several years this location has been my half way point between where I live now and home. It is easily located right off I 75 at exit 113. The staff always remembers me, is friendly, attentive to any request, and is always nice to my dogs. I usually ask for the same room, not always guaranteed............. but almost always granted. I've stayed at this property perhaps 30 times, have been impressed with the last 2 remodels. Since I save quite a bit on hotel cost at this location, I splurge on dinner overnight in Lexington. My recommendations are Atomic Cafe, A La Lucie, or if you have nothing to do for the evening Le Deauville........... excellent food, sloooooow service. Relax at the Red Roof, and treat yourself to a special dinner.

Room Tip: I always ask for a ground floor room so I won't have to lug luggage up the stairs.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for continuing to make us a regular stop when passing through Kentucky. I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. I will make sure I share your comments with the rest of the staff. We look forward to seeing you again.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

We were just passing through and stopped for the night. The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable for a discount hotel. Would stay at this one again. Seemed to be a newer hotel. We were able to get around the building and able to park on the side with A 24' truck with a 28' trailer.

• Stayed May 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
RRI44, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lexington North, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
I will be sure to share you comments with our housekeeping staff. Our property was recently renovated, and I am so glad to hear you enjoyed the upgrades. Thank you for staying with us. I certainly hope you will consider us again in the future.

Tenn
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

This was a bare necessity place, meaning a bed and a tv.
There was NO Microwave nor was there a coffeemaker in my room.
We found one resturant in the area.
I had to move to another room due to a leak from I assume the tub in the room above me that had overflowed or something. Water was running through the light fixture in the bathroom in my room on 1st floor. .
Company placed us here or we would have gone somewhere else.

Room Tip: Did not see pool. Worked long days. Came in, ate, showered & went to bed. All they offered...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
RRI44, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lexington North, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I sincerely apologize for the problem that occurred during your stay. Please know that our maintenance staff corrected it immediately. If you are back in the area, our Superior King rooms do feature a Micro-Fridge, in room coffee and soon we will be adding irons and hair dryers. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience.

Sincerely, Wendy Sparks
Roswell
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

This is one of the smoke free Red Roofs that is really doing a good job. I stay here twice a year and have never been disappointed.
I arrived early and they were able to get me into a room on arrival and the first try was a winner. It was clean, fresh and no trace of smoke.
A hypersensitivity to tobacco residue sometimes results in checking several rooms before finding a suitable one.
So much for my agenda, this place does a great job.

Room Tip: Book way in advance if there's a game, student/collegiate or Derby related event. Rooms close to...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
RRI44, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lexington North, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
I am so glad to hear you enjoy staying with us when you are in Lexington. We try our best to insure each room is clean, comfortable and 100% smoke free. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

Wendy
Hyden, Kentucky, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013

Very clean and very well priced .The lady at front desk was very friendly and helpful .Will definitly stay there again.Its an older Motel but very well kept.One of the cleanest motels I have ever stayed in .

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your wonderful review. I will make sure I share your comments with the front desk and housekeeping staff. Sincerely, Wendy Sparks
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

I stayed at the red roof inn north in lexington last month when I was driving through on a business trip one evening and decided to stop and stay for the night... I was so pleasantly surprised by my choice... The person at the front desk was so nice and professional. The room was extremely clean and relaxing and it looked like it was quite new. And you couldn't beat the price for everything that I received... I will without a doubt stay there again the next time I am staying over in Lexington.. Great job staff...

• Stayed March 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
RRI44, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lexington North, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our new rooms. I will make sure to pass along your comments to the rest of the staff. We look forward to seeing you again.