“Occassional visitor”

Red Roof Inn Lexington North
Ranked #40 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Reviewed December 11, 2012

The staff was great and Pam was very accommodating as I needed an early check in. The hotel is newly renovated so the room was very clean, the bed was very comfortable and the area where the hotel is located is quiet. I highly recommend the hotel to others.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank OccassionalVisit2r
RRI44, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lexington North, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2012

Thank you for the compliment. We are glad you enjoyed your stay.

There are newer reviews for Red Roof Inn Lexington North

Reviewed November 5, 2012

My husband and I booked this motel for convenience and cost, that's the bare bones of it! We were en route to a fancier place in Louisville so this was a stop gap. As stop gaps go we were pleasantly surprised. The room (with outside entrance) was clean and well equipped (except for the surprising absence of a hairdryer). There was a clean fridge, microwave, TV and what looked like an office space on the far end of the room with a generously proportioned desk. We slept well and found the heating/air con easy and responsive to use. There was no breakfast provided (we knew that upon booking) but enough provision with a 'one cup a time' coffee maker for two cups of coffee each. nearby are the usual suspects of large chain eateries such as Fazoli's (where we grabbed a bite to bring back to our room). On balance this was a fair experience, it was clean, large, comfortable and with great close by parking (we could see our car from our window). I would recommend for anyone passing through.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Alexandria S
RRI44, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lexington North, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2012

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. It’s always a pleasure to receive guest feedback. We hope you will keep us in mind if your travels bring you back to Lexington.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

Room Type: King bed
It’s not a fancy hotel; it’s a motel so you get what you pay for. I would stay here again if I were traveling through the area again. The price was reasonable with the Triple A discount so I wasn’t expecting much. They do not have any breakfast. Sure, the carpet wasn’t immaculately clean because you enter right from the street and so dirty shoes have walked a lot on this carpet. Pack some slippers or wear socks. However, the bathroom was clean enough and that’s more important to me. I loved that I had a ground level room and could park almost inside the room. My parking spot was conveniently right in front of our room door. The King room offers a large desk area that doubles as a dining table too. Plenty of storage if you plan to stay a few nights. Microwave and microFridge made it convenient to warm up a cup a soup in the evening. If you are a fussy traveler when staying a budget motel, don’t stay here. But if you are looking for a good deal and decent clean room (expect carpet) with a clean comfortable bed, I would recommend this motel for the traveler just needing a night of rest from traveling and a shower.

Room Tip: Ground level rooms are easy to load and unload; wouldn't stay here if I had to stay on second le...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank MarchingAnts

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences with other travelers. It’s always a pleasure to hear positive feedback. We make every effort to insure our guests have a clean, comfortable room. Thank you again.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

I've never stayed at a Red Roof Inn. Given it's "budget" pricing, I was always a little unsure, but this hotel had good reviews, so we tried it. I also have a stereotype of not liking the "motel" style with all doors facing outside. I was pleasantly surprised! The rooms were nice and clean and the whole experience was what I expect out of a hotel - pleasant but nothing remarkable. We did only have one full sized towel, though (for two people). This was probably an accident and I'm sure we could have gotten another if we had taken the time.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Katie L

I’m so glad to hear you liked our property. Thank you for bringing to my attention the towel shortage and please accept my sincerest apologies. We hope you will visit us again if you are back in Lexington.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

I checked in to the "Next-Gen" Red Roof on Haggard Ct. in Lexington, Ky. in the early hours of the morning after driving over 14 hours. I had made reservations beforehand, so even though traffic and weather conditions made the traveling slower than planned, I had to continue on until I reached this hotel. I checked in, very tired and just wanted a clean place to spend the night. I have come to expect this from Red Roof, as I stay at their properties quite often. I was not happy when I found that the toilet had urine on the seat, so I had to clean it before using it. I got ready for bed and pulled back the sheet to find black hairs in the bottom sheet as well as crusty yellowish debris in the sheets. Obviously, the bed had not been changed since the prior occupants had left. I notified the front desk, and told them at this late hour I did not want to move all of my things to another room -- just to bring me clean sheets & I would change my own sheets.
I e-mailed my complaint & photos of the offending marks on the sheets to the "priority members" e-mail address. This was almost a month ago, and I have not received any response from my e-mail.
The room was TOTALLY unacceptable. The front desk person's attitude was that of someone who was bothered by my request for CLEAN sheets.
The lack of response from Red Roof Inn is frusterating to me , since I use Red Roof Inns whenever I can. I travel a lot with my job and spend many nights in motels. Red Roof Inns have always been my motel of choice because they accept my small dog with no additional charges and, up to this point, have been dependable for their CLEAN rooms.
I know that this is not the standard of the Red Roof Inns, but some response would have been appreciated & requested.

I will NOT stay at THIS Red Rood Inn Again. I would still like for the Inn to give me some type of satisfaction for this problem.

Room Tip: did not see or use swimming pool or restaurant
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank catastropheadjuster
Reviewed September 9, 2012

We stopped at this hotel while traveling. We walked in at the smell was pretty strong, but I could have handle that for a night. after about 10 minutes we noticed the first bug on the floor. I picked it up and figured it would be okay, but then everywhere we looked there was another dead bug laying on the floor. (it took looking to notice because the carpet is dark and the bugs were black) I did a quick scan of the room and counted 17 dead on the floor and wasn't about to look under the beds because I'm sure it would have been a sea of dead bugs!! I'm not picky and have NEVER found a room bad enough to not be able to suffer through for a night, but this one was beyond gross!! Thankfully customer service through Hotels.com was absolutely wonderful and did everything possible to work with us. we ended up staying at the Ramada a half mile away for the same price and it was Excellent!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank klisp
RRI44, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lexington North, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about you recent visit to our property. Please let me apologize for the unpleasant experience. I want you to know that we take our guest comments very seriously and have contacted our pest control service to insure the problem is corrected. Again thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Reviewed July 29, 2012

This July (2012) was my 16th year staying at the Red Roof North in Lexington, KY. I attend a horse event at the Kentucky Horse Park each July. We picked this motel the first year as we wanted to avoid the high cost and mass confusion of the guest hotel for the event. Each year since then has been great, accomodations are as requested, rates are good and things that are the most important...being able to talk with Kim about where to and when to do things. This motel sits back off of main streets so it is quiet with no traffic, but close to gas stations, the highways, restaurants, stores etc. as needed. Rooms are comfortable and have refrigerators, a safe and microwave, WI-Fi and now have flat screen TV's! They do whatever they can to make your stay exactly what you want it to be. All of the help are friendly and great to work with, ready to take care of any needs you may have. Like I said, this was our 16th year. Thanks, Red Roof.

Room Tip: If you have difficulty with steps for any reason, or have items to take into the room each night, re...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family