“Great Quality for the Price”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Lexington South / Hamburg
Ranked #8 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
New Albany, United States
“Great Quality for the Price”
Reviewed August 12, 2014

This is a very clean hotel with a great staff. It is in a very convenient yet quiet location with a lot of amenities for a very affordable price. The indoor pool is well maintained, and the breakfast selection is extensive. I would definitely stay at this location again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
hamilton, ontario
Reviewed August 11, 2014

We drove for 9 hours this day and planned well in advance to stay in this hotel based on the trip advisor rating. We arrived around 11pm at night and were greeted by a lady by the name of Jean (I think). She was very friendly and you could tell she took pride in her work and valued customer service. She checked us in, gave us our room key, when we got to the third floor, there was a do not disturb sign in the door, the hotel was sold out. I went back downstair and Jean came up with me to check. when she opened the door, we learned the room had not been cleaned and whoever was on the day shift did not check the room. Here we were with no other rooms available and a dirty hotel room. We were completely exhausted from the drive, Jean apologized repeatedly for the error and cleaned the entire room herself so we would have somewhere to sleep!!! Although I as disappointed in the initial outcome, all my credit goes to this wonderful employee for maintaining LaQuinta's reputation. I felt sorry for her because she was there by herself looking after everything (not very safe LaQuinta!), when she came back down, she gave us a gift bag and immediately started looking after the other guests who were waiting to check in. When I checked out the next day, I wasn't asked how my stay was or anything of the sort!!! it's amazing how one employee can be the one who will make you come back. As for the hotel, it is clean, we didn't really use the facilities, there was a continental breakfast in the morning. Hotel provided easy access to the highway for travelling the next morning.

Room Tip: Call in advance to make sure your room is ready!!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

We reserved this room 2 months in advance and requested a smoking room. When we checked in we were informed that there wrre no available smoking rooms. But it was one of the better rooms we had and it was only for 1 night and breakfast. And surprisingly it was a good breakfast, one of the best we had all week.. in a motel that is.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
White Lake Michigan
Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

Very clean, updated rooms. Loved the fancy dark cabinets, hidden refrigerator and microwave. Very nice. Convenient off the highway, not far from dining or shopping, only downfall for some may be its location next to a gentleman's club. Overall completely satisfied with our stay.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Evanston, Illinois
Reviewed August 8, 2014

The hotel employees were helpful and friendly. When I added two more days to my stay, they were able to give me a good rate. The room was very clean and smelled nice and fresh when I arrived. Housekeeping did a good job cleaning the room each day. The room was spacious, and the bed was very comfortable. There were clothes washers and dryers, which I used twice during my stay. The only drawback for me was that the walls and floors seemed thin. I could hear the tv and a baby crying in the room next to me. I stayed on the second floor, and one night someone above me was a stomper. None of the noises kept me from sleeping soundly. If you're a light sleeper, a third floor room would probably be better for you. Overall, I was impressed with the hotel, and I thought it was a great value.

Room Tip: If you're a light sleeper, ask for a room on the third floor.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Bettendorf, Iowa
Reviewed August 8, 2014

This was an overnight stop for us. The rooms have been updated and are very clean. Hallways and room had a pleasant fragrance. Was greeted at check-in with a complimentary snack and drink (bottled water and a microwave popcorn) as an Elite Member. Used the pool and hot tub - very relaxing. Breakfast was typical selection. I used the waffle maker.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Kris H
Chicago Area, United States
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Tremendous value. Very comfortable beds. Service staff was very friendly. Easy to find with location at exit from interstate. Straight ride to downtown Lexington / excellent restaurants. Some really good restaurant closer to the hotel also. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family