“Average mid-priced hotel”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Lexington South / Hamburg
Ranked #10 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Reviewed July 17, 2014

I stayed here over a long weekend with two friends. We had a King room with a pullout couch on the ground floor. We liked the room having a refrigerator and microwave, but the bed was a little hard. The friend who slept on the couch said it was pretty uncomfortable. The staff were very friendly and helpful whenever possible, such as bringing extra towels, and recommending a local pizza places that delivers to the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

We were greeted nicely. Our room was clean and wonderful. The pool and spa were open until 11pm so we could relax after a long day of hiking after our 9pm arrival. The breakfast great and their hostess, Julia, interacted with everyone to make the morning jovial and that everything you could ask for was there quickly. We would stay again.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 14, 2014

We at this hotel on a return trip during our vacation. We were greeted warmly at the front desk and given our room key. The room was nice and was clean. Sink was outside the bathroom which was nice as it allowed us to get ready and not get in each others way. Room had wi-fi, fridge and microwave. Pool and hot tub area were both clean. The property was very well maintained. Breakfast was good. Local newspapers were available. I noticed the breakfast attendant helping a mother with children get them settled to eat breakfast. A Waffle House across the street is the closest place to eat and there are several gas stations next to the property. My only concerns were the room seemed small and the a/c did not cool the room enough for my liking. My wife did ask the front desk for a blanket and was given one but she ended up not needing it. Overall it was a great stay.

Reviewed July 14, 2014

My granddaughter (8) and I stayed here for 5 nights. It was great location to see lexington and drove to Louisville one day to Churchill Downs. The staff is friendly and helpful, Helen checked us in. The breakfast was a really good deal with waffles, muffins, bagels, apples, oranges, hard boiled eggs, etc. The sausage biscuit gravy was very tasty. The week were were arriving got an email confirming our reservations and info about area - NICE TOUCH. The room was spotless, were in a deluxe withe kitchenette. We used the pool every night after a day of site seeing and it was relaxing - small but does the trick. Would definitely recommend this property and will stay at La Quinta again as this was my first time at one and was very happy.

Room Tip: I was on the 3rd floor and it was quite.
Reviewed July 12, 2014

Had expected a bit more. The room was basically clean, but the housekeeping service was a bit haphazard: a few crumbs on the far side of the room between one of the beds and the closet remained after the room was cleaned for at least a couple of days; the rubbish basket in the bathroom was emptied daily but the rubbish basket in the room was emptied only every other day; the in-room coffee maker included coffee and cups but no spoons/stirrers, sugar, tea, etc. We did leave a tip daily but that didn't seem to have made any difference. The free breakfast was also a bit uneven, which seemed to be dependent on the person servicing the area: one of the mornings the hotel staff was prompt in replacing empty coffee urns, and so on; the next day a different staff person seemed to end her shift early, watching TV while there was still at least 15 minutes left for breakfast and there were some guests who could have used some attention.

Amenities included free breakfast, free wifi, free Lexington and USA Today newspapers, a small indoor pool, and onsite coin-operated laundry.

Not much in the immediate vicinity of the hotel: there's a couple of other chain hotels, a small waffle place and a "gentlemens club" two doors away. If "live exotic dancers" don't float your boat, you'll need to drive a bit for daytime or evening entertainment/diversions. That said, the hotel is right off of I-75 so is very convenient for day trips around bluegrass country.

Expectations were high based on other TA reviews. It wasn't a bad stay but would think twice before returning.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 9, 2014

There was a mix-up with my reservation, but this hotel was not only able to accommodate me, but tried the other La Quinta in town to cancel my reservation there, (thinking that's where I had made it) so I wouldn't be liable for that room. The woman at the front desk was very helpful, and handled the rush of folk that came in right behind me with efficiency and grace. As it happened, I had made the reservation for a La Quinta further down the road (phone number mix-up on the corporate site?) and when they were contacted about my situation, they had no problem cancelling my reservation and clearing up the matter.

Breakfast bar was good - bonus points for having real half & half for the coffee and real butter for the waffles/toast/whatever you like butter on.

Very clean, very comfortable, very friendly and competent staff. Would absolutely stay again!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed July 8, 2014

The hotel public rooms were clean in spite of this being a pet friendly motel. Our room was also clean, large and nicely furnished. The breakfast is ample and fresh, and the price was fine. I will look for La Quinta on future road trips.

We needed a last minute room while on the road. We got the last room in the hotel. Andrew at the front desk was helpful and courteous, not only to us, but to the 3 travelers after us that he had to reject. There were lots of dogs, and they were all well behaved and clean. Wonderful for travelers with pets.

2  Thank AlaskaRover