“Comfortable and clean”

Ranked #9 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Michigan
“Comfortable and clean”
Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

The room was very clean and comfortable and quiet. The price was a little high on the weekend but I felt safe and slept well so worth it. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The only thing that bothered me was the light switch in the bath looked dirty but it was just paint on the cover. Would be smart to either clean up or replace.

• Stayed September 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed September 27, 2013

We were traveling to visit friends in Western KY, and stopped here for the night and a quick tour of Lexington. We give the hotel four stars, because it was great for the price, because the room and the hotel were clearly very comfortable and acceptable, and the breakfast was fine--we are talking under $70 dollars for a well maintained and updated hotel. With the room there were three mild annoyances. I had to unplug the refrigerator because of a weird clicking noise that would have driven us crazy if we left it on--we did report it on our way out. The room also had a very mildly annoying aroma, as if someone was trying to cover for smokers, or they simply deodorize too much. Third, the bedding was ok, but not something that has you smiling as you hunker down for the night.

The staff were wonderful. Plenty of suggestions for restaurants and shopping, as well as directions downtown. Although it appears you are in the boondocks, the hotel has easy access to restaurants, pretty major shopping, and a straight shot to downtown Lexington--which, by the way deserves a 10! Lexington is one very wonderful city. Go there!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
romeoville
Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

WGreat hotel with large seating area for breakfast. Nice decor. The room was perfect with everything we need fridge and microwave and a great bed. The bathroom had enough room for the two of us of to move around. Nice size tv. Average breakfast. Thank you LQ for everything.

• Stayed September 2013
Palmyra, Virginia, United States
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Trip Advisor reviews are right on! You enter a lovely lobby and are greeted by very friendly staff. Our room was very very clean and comfortable. The room was however set to FREEZE! It took a while for us to get it to a normal temperature, but once we did it was perfect. I heard absolutely no noise from any other rooms, however we were on the 3rd floor so not sure if others heard noises from above. The breakfast was OK, served in a small dining area. But cookies and water were served in the evening, and I was able to get decaf coffee down in the dining area in the afternoon. The price was excellent. We will surely stay here if we are ever in that area again!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 19, 2013

I don't recall the last time I stayed at a La Quinta hotel so I was sure what to expect. I picked this one based on proximity to where I needed to be and the predominantly good reviews on TripAdviser and Hotels.com.
I was pleasantly surprised at how nice the facility was. Clean, comfortable, and nicely decorated.
When I checked in there was a notice posted indicating that a company would be on site for the next few days (beginning the following day) to clean the carpets and service the AC units. I was a little concerned that I was going to find dirty carpets and smelly AC, but neither was the case.
It was a good sign that LaQuinta (at least this property) actually takes care of routine maintenance issues BEFORE they become a problem.

I will definitely return to this hotel in the future.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 18, 2013

My family and I stopped in this hotel on our way to Michigan from Georgia. It was right off the highway, but it was quiet. We brought our dog and cat. With it being a pet friendly hotel, I was prepared to lower my standards, but when we saw the hotel and then the room, I didn't have to. It was like a normal (non-pet) hotel room except it had hardwood floors and the sink was separate from the bathroom. (I love that.) The beds were comfortable the pillows were super fluffy. I needed a good nights sleep to drive 6 hours to Michigan and I got it.
I was happy about the area. Restaurants were only 4 miles down the road. There was ample grass for parking and walking the dog. I'm glad I chose this hotel. Thanks for being a great place to stop.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family