“Tracy---Asheville NC”

Ranked #8 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Reviewed February 24, 2013

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed February 21, 2013

Stayed at this property en route to Atlanta. The value is excellent and if you are traveling with a dog (as we did), there are plenty of areas to walk your pet around the property. The gym was clean and well maintained. Breakfast was a pleasant surprise with a variety of healthy (hard bolied eggs, oatmeal, yogurt) items.

A La Quinta traveler
Hurricane, West Virginia, USA
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Reviewed February 19, 2013

It's not REAL far from center city, and everything you might need is right up the road. Sounds a bit lukewarm, eh? Actually it was a great place. NICE room. Good price for accomodation, but a bit noisy because of kids in the hall. Never really heard the wasted forementioned folks, but they were sleeping a good bit down the hall, and since they were apparently REALLY wasted when their roomies apparently threw them out of the room/into hall, they never really generated alot of noise at our end. The folks at the front desk were neither concerned, nor anxious to do anything, and though I REALLY wanted to take a pic, I was not willing to risk getting punched out early in the AM. As the desk clerk checked her little file, she made the comment about their being gov't employees, and all I could say was OUR TAX DOLLARS AT WORK.... Anyway, otherwise quiet location, usual breakfast, but only ONE waffle maker. Really nice gentleman employee who kept things rolling at breakfast. I WOULD SUGGEST TIPPING HIM, as he's one of the "little people" who really makes things work. Would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Request the "no government employees sleeping in the hallway" floor....unless you REALLY l...
Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

As promised in the reviews. This is a very good value, very good all around. Updated with handy wall units that are perfect for laptop & multi charging. Large Flat screen. Pet friendly (just don't leave alone in room).

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Madisonfair
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice... You know the saying. Well shame on me for thinking the friendly staff would make up for the terrible GM experience. TWICE! My first stay here I was greeted by a "back in 5 min." Sign so I rang the bell and was promptly greeted by the general manager, Susan. I travel with work and my company had booked my stay through Hotels.com. I was informed that pets were welcome so I brought my dog. Upon check-in I told the manager I did have a pet with me. She proceeded to have me fill out a pet policy form. As I read the policy, I realized that pets were not allowed to be left unattended in the rooms. When she reiterated that to me, I was thinking she meant without a crate. Turns out they cannot be left at all! When I asked why that wasn't explained when we called ahead of time to ask the pet policy, she quickly became angered and insisted that her staff knows the rules and would never have not told us the entire policy. Instead, she could have offered a day care service to be more accommodating (a staff member went out of her way to assist me with this after witnessing her managers behavior). I checked into this hotel again yesterday on another work trip. Arrival was fine, I made daycare accommodations for my dog and had a peaceful nights rest. Today I was called by the asst. GM to ask if they could enter my room to reseal the bathtub with which I replied no because I had left intimate items in view and would like them to respect the privacy sign. She was pleasant and said thank you. About an hour later, I received a voicemail from Susan while at work. Susan's tone and words were rude and she insisted that I call her immediately because my room was the only room to be left to do and that she would be entering my room with the maintenance men who had traveled from FL to do the work. I called back to speak to Susan but she was unavailable. I again told the asst. gM that I was not comfortable with anyone being in my room without me first attending to my personal items. I explained that it was inconvenient for me to come back to the hotel from work but that was the only way I would allow access to the room. She said ok and Susan would call me back. Susan did call back 30 min. Later to tell me she had gone into my room because I was "supposed" to call her back and was too late. I explained to Susan that I was upset that my privacy had been violated and i did not expect to pay for my stay after I had taken time out of my work day to call them back TWICE to tell them I didn't want them in my room! Susan responded by taking no responsibility for the lack of preparation and communications with me in re: to routine maintenance on the room. If I had known at check-in the day earlier that there would be maintenance done, I could have easily had the room presentable for guests. She was rude and unprofessional! Even going so far as to say that it was worth giving me a free stay BC it was cheaper than having the men from FL come back to seal the tub. Seriously? Who says that! When I finally came back to my room tonight the chemical smell from the bathtub sealant is overwhelming! I will not make this mistake a 3rd time. Never staying here again.

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank Leesien
A TripAdvisor Member
Mosinee, Wisconsin, USA
Reviewed February 5, 2013

desk staff was very welcoming hotel was clean and they dont have the same boring breakfast like alot of places, some hot food too/biscuits and gravy etc. the desk staff was very welcoming and it didn't seem like any fly by night hotel great place for the money

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family