La Quinta Inn & Suites Lexington South / Hamburg
Ranked #9 of 71 Hotels in Lexington

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Newport, New Hampshire
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Is it just me, or is this a ridiculous way to run a business? Book guests who request a non-smoking suite in suites that are located on SMOKING FLOORS adjacent to SMOKING ROOMS!!! Non-smokers, take my advice and avoid this place like the PLAGUE, unless you want to do what I did and STUFF DAMP TOWELS under your door because the hallway just outside your door smells like a dirty ashtray 24/7. The front desk acted a little surprised when I voiced my displeasure, and offered to spray the room. La Quinta, shame on you, and may the competition put you out of business.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank BillyBatson
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed October 25, 2012

When we arrived at the hotel, it was busy for check-in. Only one person was managing the desk -- Michelle, was terrific under pressure and all went smoothly. Once we were given our key to the room, we found that it was on the Canebrake road side of the hotel, which was a busy highway and asked if perhaps there was another room near the back and away from the traffic noise. She promptly upgraded us to another Deluxe King room. It's a nice hotel, with a good breakfast. We stayed two nights and would recommend.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank charms1951
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Excellent hotel! Staff were very friendly and accommodating on the phone and would have given me an early arrival if I had needed it. Room was very comfortable and spacious. Breakfast area very neat and clean. Variety of food very good - there were some little extras that I hadn't seen in a complimentary hotel breakfast bar such as the special creme for the coffee! Would definitely recommend this to anyone!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

paris ontario
Reviewed October 16, 2012

There are two La Quinta Hotels in Lexington. I have stayed at them both,but,I prefer this location, as it is closer to down town, and restaurants. If you are attending an event at Kentucky Horse Park, then the other location would be more convenient. I am usually given the same room,on each stay, which is a ground floor king.It has a divan, easy chair writing desk and a console, combining a micro,fridge,and dresser. There is an in-door pool, with whirlpool spa, and a well equipped fitness room. The property itself has plenty of green spaces, and is convently located to I-75. Breakfast offers biscuits and gravy, waffles, hardboiled eggs,cereals, bagels,rolls, and breads. I had a toasted bagel,with cream cheese,and a couple of hard boiled eggs, with yogurt, and juice.The only draw-back to a very pleasant stay, was due to the fact that my room was next to he fitness room.There is no time restrictions on the use of the equipment, and as it happened, a guest was using the treadmill, at a later hour, making it diffucult to get tosleep. I will request a room further down the hall! Jerry...Paris Ontario Canada

Room Tip: I always suggest a ground floor king!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Woodland, MI
Reviewed October 15, 2012

I usually do not write reviews but I often use them to select a hotel. I was nervous when making this reservation as the reviews concerned me. It was, however, the only hotel available that had two bedrooms. We were notified a few days in advance that our two bedroom we reserved would no longer be available. That was quite frustrating as we had reserved it months in advance. They offered us an adjoining two rooms instead which we took. I have learned a reservation does not mean much here. That being said, the hotel was great! Easy access off highway, clean, well appointed rooms and clean lobby area. The kids did not like the pool but I thought it adequate. Staff was friendly enough. No vending machine on our floor meant lugging kids to lobby for snacks but we coped. Overall, a nice hotel for the price point in that area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family