“Hotel was undergoing renovation and getting around the...”

Microtel Inn & Suites By Wyndham Lexington
Ranked #29 of 71 Hotels in Lexington

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed August 9, 2013

I booked this hotel for a one night stay and requested a non smoking room verbally and in my reservation. I was in a "non-smoking hallway" of which one half was smoking. The hallway reeked of stale smoke and so did the room. The room itself was dirty - not dusted, a greasy cup mark on the table, an old, dirty refrigerator. The tub had hair in it, and the drain had no screen - just an open hole. They are remodeling - I hope this property has significant upgrades. I will never stay in a Microtel again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Archives230
TERESA2240, Front Office Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites By Wyndham Lexington, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
I am terribly sorry you had an unpleasant stay with us. Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to complete our survey it is a very helpful tool in making a better hotel for our guests. I appreciate you bringing this to my attention and I will address the issues. I do hope that you will give our hotel or at least other hotels a second chance in the future. Thank you again for your business as well as your time.
Thousandsticks
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I had made a reservation at a hotel near by and refused to stay there. I came to this Microtel searching for a room and was saved. The young man working the desk, Zach, was very courteous and helpful. When he learned of my plight, he found my family a non-smoking rooms w/ 2 beds at a very good rate. Though there were minor little things at the hotel, it was due to the renovations they were doing to upgrade the hotel. Samantha, the desk clerk the next morning, was very gracious as I checked out. She asked questions about our stay and if there was anything they could do to make the next stay better. I was very thankful that they had an opening as my meeting was right across the street and it helped us greatly. I look forward to staying at this property again soon.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
TERESA2240, Front Office Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites By Wyndham Lexington, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to give your opinion on our hotel. I am very happy to hear that we were able to get you a room and you were comfortable with us. Please call us directly and book your next visit to the Lexington area. We look forward to serving your lodging needs again soon.