“Bed Bugs!!!”

Microtel Inn & Suites By Wyndham Lexington
Ranked #28 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Hotel room was very dirty. Had food splattered on the walls, food particles on the floor by the beds, shower was broken and had to shower in a room across on the other side of the hotel. Oh and the best part!!!!!! When we were removing the pillows from the bed, my son found a pillow with scuff marks on it and I told him to throw them on the floor, then he spotted a little bug... I had then had it and went down to check out. Upon returning, I was in the bathroom and my son shouted out "MOM THERE IS A BUG ON MY TOWEL!!!!" I ran out and the towel was on the floor with a full adult "BED BUG!!!!!" I pinched the towel so that the bug couldn't escape and ran down the hall to the front desk clerk, who then got a plastic sandwich bag and captured the LIVE BED BUG!! She was going to save it to show the other staff. Upon coming back to the room I told the kids we need to move as fast as we could to get out!! When collecting items, I looked at the bed and noticed another beg bug and I called the front desk to have them review. She did and apologized and then we quickly left the room. Clerk was just as upset as I.. We left and felt disgusted and itchy.. We pulled over to the side of the road and looked up on my phone to see if this hotel was reported having bed bugs and we did find several reviews and one only days prior to are arrival on the bedbugregistry.com. I am so upset and it took us a full day to clean everything we had in that room! DO NOT STAY HERE!! I have called the Lexington Health Department!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
kinnari1022, Front Office Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites By Wyndham Lexington, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

I am terribly sorry for your experience. Thank you for your comments, the Lexington Health department did come out and inspect the room and the room passed inspection. I am looking into why the room was not clean. The carpets in all of our rooms are brand new and well taken care of. We issued credit for your stay and if theres anything else we can do please contact us here at the hotel. Again thank you for your comments we will use them to better our hotel.

There are newer reviews for Microtel Inn & Suites By Wyndham Lexington

Reviewed June 17, 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed June 16, 2013

For the same money as a Days Inn, I tried my first Microtel. For us, the contemporary room was a refreshing change and the queen bed excellent. The negatives were mostly minor, but equal to what I expect and accept from older Days Inns. They included a tub drain which backed up, toliet seat did not stay up because the sink vanity top had been dislodged, the only bath flourescent light failed on our last day, the cable for the Weather Channel and some others were not available when the front desk confirmed they were supposed to be, and the sink hot water was hotter than anything I could get out of the shower. This adds up.

The biggest positive was at check out, when I presented the maintenance deficiency list to the front desk clerk, which I always do. I received a 15% discount on the whole stay. I would stay here again, provided it is not more money than an older Days Inn.

Room Tip: Don't accept rooms which back up to the Wendy's Restaurant. They empty the Wendy's dumps...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
kinnari1022, Front Office Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites By Wyndham Lexington, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Thank you for your time completing our survey it sounds like you had both positive as well as negative thoughts about our hotel I sure hope the positive ones out weigh the negative and you come and stay with us again please call me directly and I will be glad to assist you. Please ask for Teresa when booking I am the one who checked you out the morning you left it was very nice to have you here and hope your next stay will be better. Thank you again for your comments as well as your business it is greatly appreciated.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham
kinnari1022, Front Office Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites By Wyndham Lexington, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Reviewed June 9, 2013

This is a great price for the hotel. Very clean room. Great Service - I asked for a quiet room and they made sure I received one and they asked when I checked out if the room was quiet. Samantha was really nice at the front desk and very helpful. The hotel is old but clean and a great price; I would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
kinnari1022, Front Office Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites By Wyndham Lexington, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

Thank you very much for your comments they are greatly appreciated. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. We like to keep our hotel very quiet at all times. We take pride in our hotel as well as our customer service thank you so much for noticing. We look forward to serving your lodging needs again soon. Thank you again.

Reviewed June 8, 2013