“Don't stay here!!”

Bluegrass Extended Stay Hotel
Ranked #35 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Reviewed January 4, 2014

I booked this room on Priceline while traveling for work (as a 2+ star bid). It is a strip motel with doors on the exterior- not a hotel. I didn't see another female there the entire time so I feared for my safety- Only saw truckers, construction workers. Room was VERY dated. Bed was unbearable to sleep on. There was a used band aid in the tub drain. Towels were stained. It was the WORST "hotel" I've ever stayed in. I called Priceline but due to their policy of no refunds/changes, they said they could do nothing.

• Stayed: January 2014
2  Thank Mcmurr01
samishalash, General Manager at Bluegrass Extended Stay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

I'm sorry you did not enjoy your stay. The photos on our website accurately reflect the exterior and interior of our hotel: http://www.bluegrassextendedstay.com/photo-gallery/. We are constantly updating our rooms, and recently added new mattresses and new flat-screen TVs in the rooms. We have a variety of guests, from families to workers, and offer a great value for customers seeking an affordable stay in a welcoming, clean, safe environment. We quickly address every guest concern - unfortunately, I was never contacted to be able to help you with yours.

Reviewed December 21, 2013

The Blue Grass Extended Stay is exactly what I was looking for. I needed a place to stay in Lexington for over 2 months without spending a lot of money. I wasn't interested in frills, but just a basic clean, comfortable room. The Blue Grass Extended Stay met all of my needs at a very reasonable price.

Granted if you seek a place with the latest designer furniture and brand new plush towels, this is not what you're looking for. All of that costs you money. I seek value. Here I had a clean room, a full size refrigerator, good wireless internet, and plenty of cable channels. Furthermore, unlike some hotels that have an onsite "gym" which consists of 3 exercise machines, when I stayed there the BGES provided free access to the local Fitness 19 two blocks away. That had all manner of machines, free weights, elipticals, etc. I was serious about staying in shape and found this to be a much better option.

I stayed in the Hyatt for a few days, and that was very nice. However, it cost about 4 times the price! The staff at the BGES worked hard to provide good service. One gentleman working the desk even helped me get my personal laptop working so I could take advantage of the wireless.

It's your money. I found value at the BGES.

Room Tip: I liked the back side (east side) of the property as it seemed quieter being away from the main road...
Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Scottxx
samishalash, General Manager at Bluegrass Extended Stay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 24, 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience! We're glad we were able to help you stretch your dollars during your two-month stay with us. You nailed our service model perfectly - a good, clean place to spend the night with useful amenities but without the frills that would double (or quadruple!) your invoice. Thank you again for your review, we're glad we had you as a guest.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

I stayed here for a extended period of time when I first moved to Lexington and was exceptionally impressed. The staff is extremely nice and quick to help. They keep their rooms clean and it is conveniently located 10-15 minutes from Downtown and UK. Only downside was there was no stove but would probably be difficult considering the space.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank James H
samishalash, General Manager at Bluegrass Extended Stay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

I'm glad you chose to stay with us during your transition. Thank you for noting our customer service - making sure our guests are happy is one our biggest priorities. We appreciate your business!

Reviewed November 19, 2013

Excellent Attentive Staff, Clean Rooms,Very Modest Rates and Good Location. - We needed a places to stay for a couple of months while going through home renovation, and this place fit the bill perfectly.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
samishalash, General Manager at Bluegrass Extended Stay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

Thank you for your review, and for staying with us! We're glad you enjoyed everything that makes us a great place to stay in Lexington.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

The Hotel is a bit hard to find unless you know about service roads off main roadways. We circled the area twice and then found a sign hidden by tree branches. The rooms were okay for the price and quiet considering the proximity to Richmond Rd. The maid service wasn't the best as they didn't replenish the soap and shampoo (we were there 4 days) and even though we had to get more towels, she never caught on we had more than the two originally placed. Also the carpeting was so filthy that if you walked in your bare feet and then got in the shower, you left a dirty mark on the mat. Having the full sized refrigerator was nice but it does limit the space in the room. Luckily we didn't spend much time in the room. The bed mattresses are like boxes not very soft, but not uncomfortable.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Arthur S
samishalash, General Manager at Bluegrass Extended Stay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. We have replaced the mattresses in your room with brand-new ones as part of our ongoing room upgrades. The carpets are shampooed on a regular basis and extra toiletries are always available upon request. I apologize that the housekeepers did not replace yours during the daily service, I will make sure that is addressed. We're glad you chose us for your stay!

Reviewed October 15, 2013

We spent 3 nights in a first floor room. It was acceptably clean, had a good microwave, and large refrigerator. Coffee and Krispy Kremes in the lobby in the morning. Asked for a later checkout which was granted easily. Near to stores and restaurants.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Barbara M
samishalash, General Manager at Bluegrass Extended Stay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

Thanks for staying with us and sharing your positive experience! We're glad you enjoyed our amenities, great location and flexibility with check out time. We hope to see you again the next time you are in Lexington.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

I have stayed at the Bluegrass Extended Stay for the past 5 years while visiting Lexington in the fall for a 2-week stay. The rooms have always been clean and roomy while the staff has been polite and helpful in every way. The prices are good and I have been very comfortable in my stay every year. The location is central to everything and I will plan to stay there again in 2014.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
samishalash, General Manager at Bluegrass Extended Stay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2013

Thank you for your repeat visits! There's no higher compliment than seeing a guest like you come back year after year. We're glad you chose us for your annual fall stays and look forward to your return!