“Hospital Stay”

Bluegrass Extended Stay Hotel
Ranked #35 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Reviewed October 2, 2013

My family stayed one night here because my daughter was in St. Joseph's hospital. I had booked the room for 2 nights because I thought she would be in the hospital for several more days. The room was dirty and smelled strongly of Febreeze or some other type cover up scent. We asked for another room but was told because of the hospital discount, and a football game that evening, no other room was available. We decided to sleep on top of the covers because of the fear of bedbugs. There was a couple of green flies in the room, and something that looked like rabbit poo in the floor. When we checked out the next morning, I asked for a refund on the remaining night only to be told "No refund available." Needless to say, we will never stay there again.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
samishalash, General Manager at Bluegrass Extended Stay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

I'm shocked to hear about your experience - it does not sound like our establishment at all. A hospital discount has no effect on which room a guest is assigned, and if a prepaid guest has to check out early a refund would be issued. We have no reported bedbug issues and clean each room thoroughly before check-in. Fortunately, our cleaning staff has not reported finding rabbit poo (or anything like it) in any rooms. I'm sorry that you encountered such terrible circumstances while in Lexington. I am available 7 days a week to address any concerns that you may have and it is unfortunate that you didn't give me the chance to address your issues.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

Two separate overnight stays this month and the room was clean with the air conditioning ,
microwave , and fridge working fine. Quiet late night and the office staff very polite ; desk
clerk Margie in the morning is a very pleasant person.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Regis S
samishalash, General Manager at Bluegrass Extended Stay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

Thank you for your review, and we appreciate your repeat business! I'm glad the rooms suit your needs, and appreciate your kind words about our staff. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

I will surely visit again. The room was very clean, quiet, and everything worked well. The appliances were recently new. The bed was comfortable, the room nicely decorated, and everything well maintained. The air cond/heat unit was fast-working, effective and quiet. Location near both Univ of KY and the city center. Many restaurants and retail stores nearby. Gracious hospitality starts with the general manager and is continued by everyone on the staff. Everyone was very eager to be helpful and were always pleasant and courteous. They create a warm and friendly atmosphere that is much like staying at a B&B. The whole operation is very effectively managed and any problem is rapidly addressed. The grounds outside the rooms are well maintained and clean. The motel seems to attract guests who are quiet and respectful of other guests. You won't hear loud TVs like often occurs in chain motels. WiFi is high speed and works well. It would be difficult to find something to complain about. Reflecting an excellent motel, they always seem to be very full or sold out.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank ChicagoHomeTown
samishalash, General Manager at Bluegrass Extended Stay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2013

Thank you for your kind words! As a family owned and operated hotel, we pour our heart into this business and it's gratifying to know it pays off with high customer satisfaction. We're so glad you enjoyed our recently renovated and well-maintained rooms. It's wonderful to have guests like you who appreciate the hospitality and contribute to our warm, friendly atmosphere. We look forward to having you back!

Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

Got my room at a discounted rate so for the price it was perfect. Clean non smoking room. Very strict non smoking policy which was good. Basic accommodations but just what i needed for my stay in Lexington. Location is great. Close to everything you will need, gas stations, restaurants, shopping and hospital. Just off new circle rd or man of war blvd. Less than 10 mins to Hamburg and I-75. Recommended for a clean cheap stay.

• Stayed: July 2013
samishalash, General Manager at Bluegrass Extended Stay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2013

Glad you enjoyed the great value we offer! We strive to provide great service and a good night's sleep without breaking anyone's budget. Our awesome location is a bonus. Thanks for the review, we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

We stayed in a deluxe suite which was clean, but not immaculate. For $80/night, I'd at least expect a free continental breakfast in the morning. The "jacuzzi" they advertised was just a few jets in the bath tub. For $55, I would have been impressed with the room; for the $80 we were charged, I won't stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
samishalash, General Manager at Bluegrass Extended Stay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

Thank you for staying with us, I'm sorry that you were disappointed with the accommodations in the $80 dollar room. Our deluxe Jacuzzi rooms do include actual Jacuzzi brand tubs for our guests' enjoyment. Unfortunately as an extended stay business, it is not feasible for us to offer a continental breakfast. We are up front about that and don't advertise one. We do however offer fresh Krispy Kreme doughnuts and coffee each morning in the lobby as a little bonus. I hope you'll give us another try next time you stay in Lexington.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

I stayed for 2 months for an internship and was very impressed with this location. The room was always clean and maintained and contained a large fridge and microwave which was a big plus. The management, staff, and housekeeping personnel was always extremely friendly and eager to help. If I am ever in the Lexington area in the future, I know who I am going stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Derek S

We're glad you stayed with us during your internship! Thanks for the review and for noting our great rooms and friendly service. I'll pass your compliments along to the staff. We look forward to seeing you again if you end up back in Lexington.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

We stayed for over a month during a moving transition. The deluxe room was clean and well maintained. The non-smoking room was truly non-smoking. Management was very helpful during the booking, including having to change the reservation dates. The staff was always courteous and friendly. Our stay was much more pleasant than we ever anticipated.

Room Tip: Deluxe room with an expanded kitchenette is helpful if you plan on meal preparation.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
samishalash, General Manager at Bluegrass Extended Stay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2013

I'm glad you chose us for your stay as you transitioned! We understand that plans change and make sure we're flexible with our guests. Thank you for the great review and kind words about our staff, I'll make sure to share your comments with them.