“Home away from home” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #39 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Lexington
“Home away from home”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I stay at the Bluegrass Extended Stay at least once a month and it is a very nice clean and budget friendly hotel I always get an accessible room which has a very spacious washroom and it is conveniently located in a great area

• Stayed November 2012
3 Thank Phatgyrl
samishalash, General Manager at Bluegrass Extended Stay Hotel, responded to this review, December 2, 2012
Thank you for the great review! We're glad to have you as a regular and look forward to your next stay with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Woodbridge, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

For the price I wasn't expecting much, but boy was I surprised. This place is great. The staff couldn't have nicer and the rooms were far more than I expected. They had a lot of extras and were VERY clean. I owned a cleaning company for 18 yrs, and I know what to look for in clean. The prices can't be beat and the location is close to everything you'd need for a stay away from home. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Tinkydiddle
samishalash, General Manager at Bluegrass Extended Stay Hotel, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
We're so glad we both met and surpassed your expectations! Thank you for your kind review and eye for detail. I'm glad you noticed our emphasis on being spic and span - I will pass your compliment along to our housekeepers. We look forward to your return visit!
Denver, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Rooms are very outdated & a slightly funny smell to them, overall they seemed clean except in the 2nd room they transferred us to(we had originally asked for a queen or king bed, they put us in a room with 2 double beds)had a HUGE dead spider next to the bed. I have never seen a spider this big, I went to the lobby and tried to get our money back so we could move to a new hotel, they wouldn't do it, only offered to give us a better room, which they did, room was the same except a bit bigger & the bathroom was nicer. Grounds are kept us nicely & lobby is nice, but I did hear another couple complaining about being called at 3 am regarding having a pizza delivered. No continental breakfast, no juice, just coffee & donuts, which I was dissapointed about for my non coffee drinking husband. When I went to check out the guy was leaned back in a chair with his feet up on the desk watching tv and he looked at me like what did I want? The hotel is priced on the lower end, but next time I'll spend the extra money for something nicer.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank brandib22
samishalash, General Manager at Bluegrass Extended Stay Hotel, responded to this review, September 29, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. We like hearing from our customers so we can continuously improve our service. Unfortunately, we are unable to refund bookings purchased as hotel/flight packages through Travelocity. I'm glad you were more satisfied with the Deluxe room we upgraded you to for five days at no charge. Our hotel is up-to-date on pest control - of course, insects can come in when the door to a room is open, which may have accounted for the spider you saw. We do not offer nor do we advertise breakfast - the coffee and donuts in our lobby are simply complimentary treats. We are the only extended stay hotel in Lexington that offers any free breakfast items at all. We appreciated having you and your husband as a guest. Thank you again for the feedback.
Lexington, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

I stayed here for about 3 months and very much enjoyed my stay. The management and staff are all highly professional and extremely courteous! I have nothing but positive memories from my time there. I definitely recommend this place to anyone looking for an extended stay hotel in Lexington.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Jonathan S
samishalash, General Manager at Bluegrass Extended Stay Hotel, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
We're so glad you enjoyed your long-term stay with us! It's important to us to make sure guests are happy, so we're pleased to know you were satisfied. Thanks so much for the kind review - and come back anytime!
North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

The room was clean. It was nice to have a large refrigerator. Basic room. Convenient location to our friends that we were visiting.Close to restaurants. Exterior opening doors. Quiet room. We stayed here two nights.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank CBinNorthCarolina
It’s always nice to hear from guests who enjoy their stays. Thank you for the kind review, we look forward to serving you again soon!
Greenville, South Carolina, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

It was an OK hotel for the price. Exterior opening doors and obviously a local favorite for the extended stay customer. Room was decent. Big refrigerator.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Tommy H
We’re glad you found us to be a good value! Thank you for taking the time to review. We welcome you back any time.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

It was clean and a great value overall, the manger was prompt and nice. Ive found my new "go to" hotel in Lexington. Thanks y'all

• Stayed May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars
It makes my day to know we’ve made customers happy! Thank you for the kind review, and we look forward to seeing you again.