“Great Keenland Getaway...”

Ranked #7 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Jackson, Kentucky
“Great Keenland Getaway...”
Reviewed November 4, 2009

We typically stay in downtown hotels but decided to venture out to Hamburg Area and ended up at Country Inn & Suites at exit 110 I-75. Small hotel but very well maintained, I liked the landscaping specially the water fountain. Staff was friendly and professional. Again, we are used to staying at Hyatt and Radison in downtown so we didn't expect much from the complementary breakfast but on the contrary we got lot more than paid breakfast at the other pricy hotels. All in all..I will be back at this location in April and October for Keenland. Lots of restaurants and shopping area near by.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
fl
Reviewed August 27, 2009

I stayed at the Executive Drive inn for a week. I first noticed a roaring sound in the bathroom, which sounded like a jackhanner was going to drill through the ceiling. iI called maintenance, and was told that this was just normal water pressure. I later was told that this was not normal (which I knew from years of travel) and that the owner knew about the problem in many areas of the hotel, but had not had time to fix it. He was building a new hotel and was distracted. I listened to this roaring sound almost all night for almost a week. Also, the room had a really bad smell, which they attempted to resolve using an air cleaner machine. One more thing: the ac only worked in the bedroom, and not in the other den area (with the pull out couch). We were using the pull out for my son, so he was pretty uncomfortable for the week's visit. Stay at another local CI!!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank medcr09
Ohio
Reviewed August 20, 2009

My husband and I and our 2 children (5 and 7yrs) had planned to spend 2 nights here in August for a weekend getaway. I would not recomend this hotel for these reasons: I killed 2 little bugs in the bathroom, the beds/pillows were very, very uncomfortable, the indoor pool was freezing (if it's too cold for the the kids to get in then you know it's cold!), the water pressure in the shower was nonexistant and the elevator was down the morning we left. We had planned to stay 2 nights, but checked out the next morning and stayed elsewhere.

The one positive comment I have is about the free breakast. It was good. Had a wide variety of food, including a waffle station that was a hit with the kids.

Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
countryinncarlsonlex, Webmaster at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lexington, responded to this review, August 9, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lexington for your recent stay in our area. I am glad that you and your family enjoyed the free breakfast, especially that the kids enjoyed the waffle station.

1) Maintenance was informed of the bugs you found in the room assigned to you and instructed to look into the matter.

2) Maintenance was informed of the lack of water pressure in the room assigned to you and instructed to fix the problem.

3) Pool staff was approached about maintaining a proper temperature in the pool.

4) Breakfast staff was informed of the positive comments you made about their presentation.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lexington. I think you will be greatly pleased.

marion
Reviewed August 7, 2009

We have been to this hotel before, but never had it been this bad, the hotel has gotten a lot worse. I am a gold standard member and my room was a huge diappointment to my family and me. The beds were rock hard, you couldn't get any bounce, I would have been better out in my little car than sleeping on it. All of us me, my wife, and my two daughters(11 and 20) were sore when we woke up, as if we could sleep the whole night through because we were uncomfortable. When you go to take a shower you expect to lather then rinse, well with zero water pressure it takes a whole lot longer for girls to get ready or to even take a comfortable shower. After our long night we decided not spend the following night there and took out our reservation. I will never stay there again.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank familyx4Marion
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lexington for your recent stay in our area. I am so sorry you found the beds to be uncomfortable.

• Maintenance was notified of the lack of water pressure you experienced and instructed to fix the problem.

I hope you will change your mind and stay with us here at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lexington the next time you are in our area. We do take the reviews left us by our valued guests seriously and I think you will be very pleased. We hope to welcome you back.

Lafayette, IN
Reviewed June 12, 2009

My wife and I try to stay at Country Inn & Suites because we had previously found them to be of nicer quality than somewhat cheaper hotels, and generally worth the extra money. However, this hotel was a great disappointment for us and it brings down the hotel chain's reputation.

We were given a nice, spacious king bed room on the second floor. The room had many amenities: iron, hair dryer, coffee pot, mini fridge for leftovers.

However, upon first entering the restroom I discovered the toilet to be backed up (not our doing!). I immediately alerted the front desk clerk, who seemed more annoyed at the hassle than sorry for our inconvience. We were told he would send someone up to fix it. Thankfully, a man came fairly quickly, though he was not dressed in any sort of uniform. Problem solved - for now.

We left the hotel and drove into downtown Lexington to meet some friends. The drive to downtown goes through a horrible part of town with strip clubs and barred windows. The hotel itself is in a decent area near some restaurants.

The next morning I used the toilet, only to find it back up again (again, not our doing!). I told the front desk clerk and she was not apologetic at all. Thankfully they sent someone up to fix it.

The breakfast was lackluster. An average selection was offered, but most of the food was processed and of only decent quality.

We were not offered any sort of apology, let alone discount for the disgusting hassle of a twice backed up toilet. Very poor customer service. Not worth the money.

Upon telling a good friend of mine about our experience at the hotel, he replied that his wife and he had stayed there a year before and had terrible customer service. In light of that, I certainly do not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lexington for your recent stay in our area. I am so sorry for the problem you experienced with the backed up toilet.

1) Maintenance was informed of the repeating problem you experienced with the toilet in the room assigned to you and instructed to see what could be done to solve the problem.

2) Desk staff received additional training regarding the courteous manner in which our valued guests are to be treated.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lexington, I think you will be greatly pleased.

wisconsin
Reviewed March 9, 2009

We stayed on the way to Florida. Check-in was a breeze and the rooms were clean and roomy. We will definitely stay again.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Fairfax, VA
Reviewed July 28, 2008

We just spend two nights in this hotel and can recommend it highly. The room and bathroom were huge and the bed was one of the most comfortable we have ever slept in. It's a bit noisy with road noise, but the AC masks it well enough for me. No problem sleeping. Breakfast was good and service was fine. We are reward members and there was a little bag of goodies in the room when we checked in. Nothing fancy, but a nice touch.

• Liked — Comfortable bed
  • Disliked — noise
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple