“Clean and Kid Friendly, but there is noise from traffic.”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lexington
Ranked #11 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Detroit, Michigan
“Clean and Kid Friendly, but there is noise from traffic.”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

We travel with three children (ages 3 to 7); we like this chain. We had booked online using our points. 28,000 were for a FREE night which I feel is a bit high in points.( but it could've been full price). I had also called the hotel to let them know a few days prior we're going to be a late check in, close to 10P. The person I spoke with was polite and courteous.
We checked on a FRI night about 10:30P, calling once from the road as there was terrible traffice and construction congestion on I75. That front desk person was polite and courteous. She remembered our call, greeted us warmly. We got the key card, headed up to the room in a matter of minutes. The room was nice, no complaints about the beds or decor. Bathroom was nice, roomy for showering children and plenty of counter space. I have gotten into the habit of requesting a high floor, not facing the highway and away from the ice/vending/elevator areas.
We had stayed there before knowing that HWY 60 can be loud at night. We didn't face the highway but could still hear traffic from the highway. The air conditioner was set to a very low temp but blowing high, I adjusted that and no issues after that. Overall, decent nights rest. We didn't swim but enjoyed the choc chip and peanut butter cookies.
We enjoyed in breakfast the following morning, eggs (patty like shape), sausage with biscuits & gravy. I wish less processed foods were on the menu. The staff person in the dining area was friendly and was very prompt at cleaning the tables. There is a small seating area with a about eight tables. As always, get there to eat before 8A! Otherwise, you're standing and trying to eat.

Room Tip: Even on a higher floor not facing HWY 60, traffic can be heard. We stayed on floor #4.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I didn't book online, since the last hotel, I booked online was a total failure, I decided to personally
visit each hotel, that looked half way decent. Last booking I let pricing be my guide. Never ever let pricing be your sole factor. This hotel is superb , from check in...free oatmeal cookies, workable computer for guest. Clean swimming pool. Breakfast outstanding, front desk personnel are as friendly as any hotel I stayed in. You will not be disappointed in this excellent hotel.

Room Tip: try to get a suite if available"
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

I have been staying at this hotel for the last few years.
Returning after a year for my last stay it is still a wonderful country Inn and suites.
Adrian and Britney (front desk) are warm and professionals at their job.
Be warned that you do hear some road noise from route 60 alongside the hotel.
However, this will not keep me from returning. I will be back.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Powerplant66
Connecticut
Reviewed August 16, 2013

We couldn't have asked for a better experience. The hotel staff was especially helpful (Brittani and Wanda), the cleaning staff did a super job, and the women in the breakfast area were fantastic. The room was very comfortable, the pool area was bright and cheerful. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We especially enjoyed being on the 4th floor, facing the wooded area.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I booked this hotel online based on the reviews on Trip Advisor and was NOT disappointed! The front desk staff was more than helpful from the time I checked in until the time I checked out. The breakfast area was clean and very well maintained with a good breakfast selection. The rooms were extremely clean and well stocked daily. The beds and pillows were comfortable and the rooms didn't have that typical stale hotel smell! I was very pleased and would recommend this hotel to anyone and will definitely stay again!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Sharlene B, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lexington, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful feedback. We appreciate that you took the time to send your feedback. Please let us know if we can assist with lodging again for the Lexington area. Thank you for being our guest.

Effingham, Illinois
Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

The staff were all very pleasant, helpful and efficient. The breakfast was very good with many choices. The sleeping room was very comfortable and clean. The only issues that we had were periodic poor Internet service and an air conditioning unit that was a little noisy. We would definitely stay here again if in the area.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Sharlene B, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lexington, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Thank you for your positive response. We will look into some of the areas you discussed that we can improve on our service. Your feedback allows us to improve on our service. Our goal is to build your loyalty, by offering a great product and service, at a reasonable price.

Thank you again!

New Richmond, Ohio
Reviewed August 4, 2013

I took my daughter to Lexington for her birthday. On check in the pool was closed for repairs (all she wanted to do was swim). I was past the point that I could cancel the room and go elsewhere. The woman at check in was less then helpful and could have cared less that we were unhappy. I called the 1-800 number and filed a complaint. A bit later we were upgraded to a room with a hot tub. My daughter was thrilled and the trip was saved . Breakfast was hot and plentiful. The location was close to the highway, restaurants and some shopping. I would stay at this hotel again if I am ever in Lexington.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback. I am so glad we were able to make this a positive experience, after all. Please feel free to reach out to me if we can ever be of service, when you return back to the Lexington area.