“Clean, comfortable and really friendly”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lexington
Ranked #10 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Reviewed May 1, 2011

We planned to stay two nights but added a third because we enjoyed Lexington and our hotel was so nice, while also being affordable. The bed and pillows were so comfortable, the sheets soft and blankets really warm. There was none of that nasty bleach smell some hotel linens have. I also loved that we didn't have to keep adjusting the air conditioning/heat all night long. It stayed comfortable the whole night. We LOVED going into the hot tub each evening and then diving into the pool.
Breakfast was free and delicious and the nicest lady was there, chatting up the guests, who she remembered by name and what activities they planned or had done.
I also liked the spacious sink counter in the bathroom, with shelves underneath.
A bonus was free wi-fi that was absolutely no hassle to access.
My first stay at Country Inn & Suites will be the first of many.

Room Tip: Online registration worked fine.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends

Reviewed January 27, 2011

We stayed at this hotel for a total of three nights. It was a genuine pleasure to be there the entire time. We spent most of our days away from the hotel, but each time we returned it felt like returning home. Fresh cookies were always in the lobby (which my 7 y/o loved); local and national newspapers were available each day; a nice shelf of new books was available, both adult and children's selections; and, a friendly and smiling staff was there to greet us when we came into the lobby. The weekend staff was truly the friendliest and bubbliest staff I have ever encountered in a hotel, with the exception of one other Country Inn & Suites that we stayed in a few years ago.

The only time we saw any dirt in this hotel was after the second night of snow. The area right at the entrance of the hotel had a few prints (which is to be expected with snow), and the elevator, which is near the pool room, had a few footprints. Our room was neat and clean, including the carpet! It was a light-colored green carpet and I didn't feel the need to wear socks while walking on it. The furnishings were new and trendy, as was the bedding. The refrigerator and microwave were hidden inside a stylish buffet-type piece of furniture. I loved this feature. The flat screen TV didn't get used much during our stay, but it was nice.

The only issues that I saw in our room were minor --the fire sprinkler in the bathroom had a few rust spots and the toilet paper holder was a bit loose. This hotel appeared to have been constructed with thrift in mind, but the carpeting, drapes, wall paper, and furniture gave it a nice look anyway. On Saturday evening I was able to easily hear children out in the hall when they were going to and returning from the pool, but other than that we had no issues with noise.

We used the pool and hot tub each night that we were there. It was clean and the temp of both was good. Clean towels were always available in the pool room. There was an exercise room, but I didn't actually go in there. A washer and dryer was available across from the pool, as well as bathrooms (this is handy with children). A computer and printer is also available in the lobby. We were on the third floor and our vending machines and ice machine were new and clean, the vending machines having a better selection of drinks and snacks than normal, yet for a lower price than one usually finds in hotels.

The breakfast each morning was fabulous! Not only did the food taste good, but the presentation was lovely --waffles with strawberries or apples, sausage or ham (depending on the day), gravy and biscuits, cereal, fruit, oatmeal, several kinds of fresh danishes, muffins, good coffee, juice, and more.

This hotel is in an excellent location for running to the drugstore (across the street), Wal-Mart, Target, Barnes & Noble, Starbucks, fast food places, nice restaurants (Carrabba's), and much much more. I loved that about it. The Interstate is visible from the hotel, but not so close that it's noisy. I felt very safe any time I was out in the parking lot. The area has a new feel and look to it.

Based on *our* room and the hotel conditions as the time we stayed (Jan. 2011), I would highly recommend this hotel. This especially applies to families who want something safe and clean, but don't want to pay over $100 each night. We booked a month in advance and paid around $65-$69/night. A great value for families, esp. with that wonderful (and FREE!) breakfast.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed December 18, 2010

When it came time to stop in our travels along I-75 we chose Country Inn at Lexington somewhat randomly. We were very glad that we did. Something about it made both of us notice that it was a cut above the usual hotels along the highway. We would highly recommend it on all counts.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 12, 2010

I have stayed at several Country Inns, including two others on this trip. The Lexington Motel was the worst ever. The folk at the front desk were friendly. However, the room was not very clean. one bed was wrinkled. Worst of all, the carpet in the room obviously had not been cleaned in some time.
There were so many dirty spots on the floor, that we were concerned about walking without shoes. Parking was limited.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
countryinncarlsonlex, Webmaster at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lexington, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lexington for your recent stay in our area. I am glad that you found the folks at the front desk to be friendly.

1) Housekeeping received extra training in meeting and maintaining the level of cleanliness required of them as our employees.

2) Management was approached about finding a way to best take advantage of the parking space available.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lexington. I think you will be very pleased.

Reviewed October 8, 2010

Great location to Kentucky Horse Park, restaurants, shopping & downtown Lexington. The hotel staff was very friendly & helpful. Really liked having a refrigerator in the room. On the downside my room was very noisy due to normal outside traffic which made it difficult to get to sleep. The carpet was in need of a cleaning.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 18, 2010

This Country Inn was clean and the beds were reasonably comfortable. The location was decent- near the freeway. There were lots of restaurants in easy driving distance. The tub had a large bubble or something in the bottom - every time you stepped on it the tub floor sunk and when you removed your foot it popped backup up with a loud bangy thump. The "free" internet (sponsored by google - which annoyingly wanted to download a google earth application everytime you logged on) was intermittently not working. Also, they advertised that they had HBO, but that was also not working for most of the week. The pool was too cold even though it was indoors. It was ok, but overpriced for what you get.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

1) Maintenance was instructed to look into the problem you experienced with the tub in the room assigned to you.

2) Maintenance was instructed to see to it that the internet problem was solved.

3) Management was instructed to notify the HBO supplier that there is a problem with the HBO.

4) Maintenance was instructed to see to it that the temperature in the pool is maintained at a proper level.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lexington. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.

Reviewed August 9, 2010

We look for Country Inn & Suites to stay in when traveling, were happy to get a room on short notice while traveling through Lexington.
The room was smelly and damp (even the bottom of two of my bags were damp from the carpet), the A/C did nothing to take out the humidity, mold above the shower head, hair on the bathroom floor, a toilet paper holder that was ready to fall off, and fingerprints on both sides of the door (like someone had taken it off for repair, then didn't clean off the dirty prints).
We had checked in very late, so I informed the day manager - she seemed to take it in stride and I had to request a discount.
If this had been my first stay at at Country Inns, it would've been my last.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lexington for your recent stay in our area. I am very pleased to know that you look for Country Inn and Suites when you are traveling.

1) Housekeeping was reminded of the level of cleanliness required of them as our employees.

2) Maintenance was instructed to fix or replace the toilet paper holder in the room assigned to you.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lexington. I think you will be very pleased and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Hotel Manager.