“Visting Family!”

Ranked #28 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Huntsville, Alabama
“Visting Family!”
Reviewed September 13, 2010

My husband and I have stayed at several Hilton Family Hotels and I must say that this one is top notch. The food and the services was excellent!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed July 11, 2010

Okay, maybe I am biased because I've been staying in $60/night not so great hotels for the last month. But this place is awesome for $100/night. The gal up front upon check in was very professional and friendly. They have a pool, exercise room and business center. The facility is clean and very updated. Our room is across from the pool and very clean and spacious.
The pool was smaller, but clean and had plenty of towels. The hot tub was super hot, my feet burned for a while afterwards, but clean and tidy.
They have a small market place for snacks/drinks, etc. which is super convenient for me and my 3 little boys.
We've only been her for a few hours, but after our last 4 weeks in some really run down hotels (Best Western, & Quality Inns) we are so happy to have a room with clean carpet and no hair in the tub.
Maybe I am not the most critical of vacationers right now, but this place is a bright spot in our long vacation.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed May 13, 2010

I prefer to stay in Hampton Inn hotels, but they were booked. I stayed here instead, and had a pleasant experience. The staff were very friendly and accommodating, the rooms were clean and it is located right off the interstate (although, there is no giant sign to point you in the right direction; almost drove past it). There is an outdoor pool (didn't use), and they have a pretty decent exercise area (cardio, upper body machine, free weights). They have a small bar and restaurant, but you have to pay for breakfast; it is not included. Overall, I had a quiet and pleasant "business" stay here at the Garden Inn (full disclosure, I'm a Hilton Honors member), but I would probably stay in a Hampton Inn next time.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Harrison
Reviewed January 2, 2010

Hubby & I needed some r-n-r after the Christmas madness. Decided a couple nights away was just the ticket. Spent 2 nights at the Hilton Garden Inn Lexington. Location is right off I-75. Tons of dining, shopping options. ALL of the staff (the front desk, the maids, the breakfast staff) were extremely friendly. They seemed genuinely pleased we had chosen to stay there. Breakfast buffet, has the normal items, along with made to order foods. The price ($12.95pp) might seem high but after you figure what you'd spend on a meal, plus coffee, plus juice, you'll see it's right around average. Speaking of food, Outback Rest. has a deal with the Hilton, they will deliver meal from full menu options for like $2 add-on charge. Well, worth it on New Years eve. No waiting, just picked up the phone and food was delivered in less than 30 minutes.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Kentucky
Reviewed July 16, 2009

I have stayed in this property several times over the years. I think it has been a couple since we visited Lexington.

The first thing I noticed was the outdated carpet in hallways. The hotel is beginning to show its age. For example, the sink in the bathroom had a constant drip. The shower also had a drip. The hot water handle on the faucet leaked when it was turned on. Did any of these things ruin our trip--no. But they speak to the maintenance of the property.

Door slammed really loudly when people went in and out of rooms. You could hear people talking when they walked down halls--and no one was being loud.

On the positive side, bedding was fabulous. Both my wife and I commented on how good the bed was. Flat panel TV with a couple of HD channels. Desk area was plenty big enough for us to do our work on computer. Staff was great. twice they helped us out with minor requests. Location is great next to Hamburg place--shopping and restaurants. also, free wireless internet.

But I know this site gives reviews about properties--and this one is aging. I would say that there are several properties in the area that are newer and nicer. The HGI is in need of a remodel/renovation if it wants to keep up.

I will probably begin staying in our properties in Lexington my next time in town. But I have enjoyed staying here over the last 5-6 years.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Tennessee
Reviewed May 1, 2009

I'm not going to lie to you, this is a below average Hilton Garden Inn property and I don't like it. However, I'd stay here again.
POSITIVES:
Low Rate: My corporate rate is around $80/night. You can't beat that, and for a business-class hotel, that's a real value.
Location: Great area with plenty of retail and restaurants, and right next to I-75
Internet Access: Wired and wireless works great, and free like all HGIs
Business Center: Used the PC and printer and both worked OK
NEGATIVES:
Old: Lots of stuff that just screams "Needs work". The door on my room is very creaky, and all of the doors look like they need to be replaced. There was a room down the hall from mine that had no door handle at all - just propped open the entire stay. Some areas are a little musty smelling. Old non-digital thermostat. Slow leak from bottom of toilet reservoir. Old TV (only about 25 channels also). Treadmills in cramped exercise room are badly in need of updating.
Annoyances: Where's the ottoman for the chair in my room? Why doesn't breakfast start at 6:00 AM (starts at 6:30 AM)? Why does the lady that works breakfast have to speak so loudly? Why was it about 65 degrees in the lobby some days (too cold), while typically about 78 degrees (too hot) in the corridor outside my room? There's only one elevator, which I suppose is OK since there are only 3 floors, but I've never been in a HGI that had a single elevator before.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
Kentucky
Reviewed April 24, 2009

While this hotel was nice, it was not much different than any of the Hampton Inns that I have stayed at, except that it was less welcoming and higher priced. The staff that checked us in did not verify the reservation was for an accessible room, causing us to have to change once we realized their error. The lady at the desk the next morning was brilliant and went out of her way to be helpful.

Overall, the room was comfortable, with plush bedding and a well-placed desk area. The phone in our first room did not work, but the one in the second room (which we stayed in for the night) worked fine. The accessible shower was not well designed, with nothing to keep water from running out onto the floor and it caused a constant mess. The bathroom door would barely stay closed throughout our stay.

The Hilton Garden Inn had a look in the rooms that is very similar to most Hampton Inns, with the same quality pool, executive area, fitness center, etc. The major difference was the lack of friendliness and a breakfast that cost nearly $13 per person. I found I could have gone online and had breakfast for my whole family added in to the room price for $24 extra, rather than having twice that amount charged for the four of us.

I tend to stay mostly at hotels in the Hilton brand and am not impressed with this particular hotel by comparison to the others.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family