“Great stay!!”

Hampton Inn Lexington South-Keeneland/Airport
Ranked #25 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Very friendly staff and clean rooms. Got to the hotel real early, but was offered the first cleaned room. I was also able to eat the complimentary breakfast and was offered wireless internet while I waited for my room. For the price you get what you pay for. Also conveniently located near the airport. Wish they had a shuttle to and from the airport.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Lexington South-Keeneland/Airport

Reviewed May 27, 2013

very pleasant and top quality hampton inn. my son and I stayed here on a visit to the university. it is close to the university and the airport. although we did not have a chance to get into the indoor pool, it looked very inviting. would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 25, 2013

Eat at Waffle House around the corner. Hotel desk personnel did not react with guests. Mentioned the poor quality of breakfast and they had no solution. Other guests were just as dissatisfied. I will in the future use the Marriot across the street. I travel most every week and choose Hampton\Hilton Brands but not again at this hotel. Bathrooms are tiny. Just not a good value.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

Hilton should be incredibly ashamed to have their name plastered on this hotel. We stay at Hiltons worldwide and this place is far worse than some of the exterior motel style Hampton Inn's we have stayed at.

Front desk agent on 5/20/13 looked like he just rolled out of bed. Disheveled with an untucked shirt. Basically said 'credit card please' and handed the room keys to me. No information on the WiFi, breakfast or anything else for that fact.

It was an alright hotel. I am used to a smile and some type of communication at check in, if that simple task had been performed this review would have been much better. Since the front desk agent apparently hated their job a complaint has been filed with Hilton Guest Assistance and this review will be published.

Lexington Kentucky apparently does not believe in the hospitality market and/or just do not care. This hotel is clear example of that. Find a higher rated Hilton property to stay at before you spend your money here.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Tracey C, Manager at Hampton Inn Lexington South-Keeneland/Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

Thank you so much for your feedback, we take all reviews serious, I will personally share your review with all of my employees for training purposes. We have a very high standard being a Hilton Hotel and we really appreciate you bringing your experience to my attention. We hope that if your travels bring you back to Lexington you will come an see us again.

Hotel Manager

Reviewed May 9, 2013

I had to travel for work. My flight was delayed forcing me to check in late to the hotel. Not only was there a horrible smell in the lobby, but no one was there. After I went and parked the car, and unloaded by luggage, I returned and finally found someone. My reservation was to be on a high floor away from the elevator, so this attendant put me on the ground floor right next door to the pool; where people were swimming and being loud. OMG! Mandy was the only bright spot during my stay. She at least cared about my level of satisfaction and tried to make it right.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

The Hampton Inn Lexington South is in a great location for visiting Lexington. It is very close to Man O War Blvd which connects much of Lexington. Man O War also passes the airport and connects directly to the Keenland racing facility.

The hotel is slightly confusing to initially find - it is in an office park just off Harrodsburg Rd, and there is no hotel sign visible from Harrodsburg. If coming from New Circle Rd, take Beaumont Center Pkwy to the north (right), then first right, then left and look for the sign. There are both a Texas Road House and a Waffle House in the general vicinity, so their signs might help. We were surprised that the hotel directions from the airport did not use the Man O War route.

Room rates were decent for Lexington in April, especially for something so convenient to Keenland. Most area hotels were completely booked the weekend we stayed.

Check-in and -out were flawless with no issues at all and the desk staff were very pleasant.

Our room was very quiet - even with the hotel completely full. We rarely heard anything from other rooms or the hallway. The room had two queen beds and was very clean. Towels were changed after the second day even though we had not indicated that they needed to be changed. The room contained a flat-panel television and coffeemaker (though the coffee available in reception was superior to what it made). The room air conditioner/heater worked very well (we needed both cooling and heating during our stay near the end of April - it was 34 degrees one morning).

The Hampton provided a very nice breakfast buffet and did include some hot items as well as cold. There certainly should be enough to satisfy most anyone. During the week, they provide 'grab and go' breakfast bags for those who do not have time for a 'sit down' meal.

Overall, it was a very pleasant stay and we would recommend this Hampton Inn without question.

Room Tip: Our room was #307 - facing north.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 15, 2013

We were charged a rate higher than the agreed upon reservations. Front desk was not able to help, and we were referred to the manager. I continue to play phone tag with the manager to this day. When I pointed out the 100% satisfaction guarantee, it was not able to be honored. Gravy at the breakfast was cold. Great location, but not worth the cost due to it being a smaller and older Hampton. I could have paid the same price for the Hilton Suites.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business