“Very comfortable but not fancy”

Hampton Inn Lexington South-Keeneland/Airport
Ranked #26 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Reviewed June 15, 2012

We stayed here with family and had 3 rooms. All were clean and reasonably up to date. The housekeeping staff was very friendly as was the lady serving breakfast. Jennifer, who was at the desk, was very helpful and even ran an extra key up to our room when we had a problem with it.
The rooms were comfortable and my grandson enjoyed the indoor pool. The breakfast was varied and tasty.
This is not a fancy property but it is in line with what Hampton Inns provide; good value for dollar.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed May 28, 2012

Looked on line to find a place to stop for the night. Had a best price of $89. When we inquired about a room we were told the best price was $119. I mention seeing the lower price online and was told only if I reserved on line. Walk in was the higher price. Seems shady to me. I Got on my phone and made a reservation with her standing there for $89. She seemed more interested in her studying for classes than attending to business. If it hadn't been late, we would have looked for somewhere else

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
blhoward, General Manager at Hampton Inn Lexington South-Keeneland/Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2012

Our hotel rates do fluctuate, but we do guarantee our rates that you book with us will be at or below any third party booking sites. The exception is our Hilton Advance Purchase rates available only on our website. These are reserved and paid directly to Hilton properties, and is a 'non-refundable' reservation, therefore it is listed at a deep discount, when available.

If you have further questions, I am willing to assist you further. I truly apologize for the negative experience. Thank you.

-B. Howard, General Manager

Reviewed April 23, 2012

I travel frequently for business and stay exclusively at Hilton properties. The property I typically stay at in Lexington was booked as was my first alternative, so I chose this Hampton Inn due to its proximity to my meeting. The staff was very pleasant, check in a breeze (minus my key not working initially), but the room was, let's say, tired at best. I think they did the best they could at cleaning but no amount of cleaning is going to remove the dirt in the carpet (didn't want to take my shoes off). Plenty of towels in the bathroom but not a lot of counter space due to the configuration of the bathroom. Always like the curved shower rod and the water pressure was good. The friendly staff wasn't enough for me to make this property one I would return to on future trips to Lexington. This Hampton just doesn't measure up to the standard and an update is well overdue.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Kristina K

I personally apologize for your "less than perfect" experience at our Hampton in Beaumont Centre, Lexington. I am surprised to see that your front desk experience was "not very good", as our Hampton Service scores are consistently positive. I would like to offer a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee refund as an apology for this stay.

Please contact me directly so we can speak about the details. Thank you!
--Mr. B. Howard, GM 859-223-0088

Reviewed April 21, 2012

My daughter and I stayed from 4/12-4/17/12. The room and bathroom were both clean, plenty of towels. Beds were so comfy, very nice. I did have an issue with asking the maid to bring us toilet paper right away, which she did not, which left me in a " predicament", if you know what I mean. I was not happy, had to raid her cart for TP myself. The breakfast was just OK, nothing too impressive, which was what I expected from a hotel. The coffee was awesome! The pool and hot tub were OK, the hot tub however was only a few degrees warmer than the pool, which made no sense to me, bit I spoke to the desk about it and they turned it up a bit. Very nice staff, very accomodating, except for thr TP incident.The hotel Manager, Bobby, was very kind and talkative, as well as the girls serving breakfast, all very nice people. we will be staying here again on our next trip to Lexington.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 7, 2012

I've stayed at many Hampton Inns and usually really enjoy them - but this one does not live up to their standard. The rooms were outdated and a little dirty and the front desk service was not very good. I recently returned to Lexington for another work trip and stayed at a different hotel.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
blhoward, General Manager at Hampton Inn Lexington South-Keeneland/Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2012

Please contact me directly so we can speak about the details. Thank you!
--Mr. B. Howard, GM 859-223-0088

Reviewed November 1, 2011

We visited Lexington and found that BOOK EARLY is the key when Keeneland last weekend and UK are playing. Oh My do they Jack their rates. This is a run of the mill Hampton Inn - nothing to right home about and like any college town on lovely fall weekends... they jack the rate to unrealistic for a franchised hotel. The rate is usurious so be wary - this hotel is nothing more than a $100/night place.
By the way - Lexington is a GREAT place to visit - UK, the horses, history and great food.

Room Tip: Liquor Barn - right next door.... Breakfast was good!
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
blhoward, General Manager at Hampton Inn Lexington South-Keeneland/Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2011

Thank you for your TripAdvisor tips and comments about our Hampton Lexington South at the Airport/Keeneland! We just wanted to let you know that during the April and October Keeneland races each year, we do post higher prices, as ALL hotels do in Lexington during these special racing events. Our STANDARD weekend (non-special event) rates range from $99 to $109. Which seems a bargain for GUARANTEED excellent customer service and clean rooms. We have at least 10 excellent restaurants surrounding our hotel, and a great Hampton standard breakfast. Hope to see you again soon! Thank you!

Reviewed July 28, 2011

My family and I stayed in this hotel for one night. The staff was friendly and welcoming, and the breakfast was good, but one of our rooms had the odor of stale air freshener, and the furniture and room decor could definitly use an update. This hotel was the best one available for booking at the last minute and if you have more planning time there are much better options in the area.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family