Hampton Inn Lexington South-Keeneland/Airport
$106
Doubletree.com
Clarion Hotel Conference Center North(Lexington)(Great Value!)
$92
$89
Candlewood Suites Lexington(Lexington)(Great Value!)
$85
$149
$147
$130
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
$105
$89
GuestHouse Inn & Suites Lexington(Lexington)(Great Value!)
$99
EmbassySuites.com
$226
$190
  • Pool
All reviewslori annfront deskthe breakfast areakeeneland race trackrestaurants in walking distanceroom was cleancomplimentary breakfastwaffle housenice hotelstaff was friendlywaffleshot tubindoor poolfresh fruitconvenient locationnice staynice breakfast
Reviewed June 26, 2011

We stayed at the Hampton Inn - Lexington South for a weekend trip to Lexington. The hotel was quiet, clean and comfortable. Convenient to downtown and other parts of Lexington due to the nearby Rt 4, Lexington's outer-belt. The breakfast is nothing to write home about but it's decent and fresh. The pool area looked clean although we did not use it or the exercise facilities. There are restaurants within walking distance of the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AuntGloria
Reviewed April 11, 2011

I stayed at this hotel this past weekend and it was great. I don't understand what was going on with previous reviews. The hotel is in a great location to get to Keeneland Race track, which was the main purpose of our visit. It is only about 5-7 min from the track. The rooms were very spacious and very clean. The only glitch was at check in. I had 2 rooms on the same reservation. When we checked in, there was a bit of a problem getting the rooms close to each other. We were on the same floor, but at opposite ends. Oh well, I didn't have small children so it really didn't matter.

The rooms were very clean. The bathroom was a good size with a nice shower head and lots of hot water. The hotel had an indoor pool and hot tub, but I didn't use. There were families using all days we were there.

Breakfast was good both mornings with different choices. The bagel toppers were great as were the made to order waffles.

There are a lot of restaurants within walking distance or an easy drive from the hotel. I highly recommend Azul, which is just behind the hotel. All of the food was amazing. They have a great outdoor patio. Get there early or call for reservations because they were very busy when we were there.

All in all, this was a great hotel conveniently located for spending time at Keeneland or visiting the local distilleries.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed January 26, 2011

I stay in Hampton Inns often, and this is possibly one of the worst. It is an old property and has some updates, but overall the room seems way overpriced. Pros: decent bed, free wifi, flatscreen tv, free breakfast. Cons: old carpet, small breakfast area, no microwave or fridge in room. Overall, this hotel is just "ok" but seems very overpriced.

• Stayed: January 2011
1  Thank travelchick39
Reviewed November 17, 2010

I stayed at this hotel because of past positive experiences with Hampton Inn, but this one was at the low end of quality. The hallways were dirty; I was a single female and not happy that they placed me in a ground floor room by the parking lot; the bed covering appeared quite "used". I really didn't want it close to me at night. Mostly though I had an issue with how the bed was made. The sheets were on sideways from best I could tell, and within a few minutes came right off the corners of the mattress. I had to tear the bed apart and remake it. Towels were thin...over all I would not stay here again. It seems to be a rundown hotel...

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 9, 2010

We stayed here to attend the World Equestrian Games at Kentucky Horse Park. After reading the reviews I was really worried that it was going to be awful, but It was fine. The room was not spotless, but it was adequate. It is an older Hampton Inn, but the staff was all very friendly, the beds were very comfortable, and the breakfast was just what I needed for my hungry teen.

A shout out to Patrick who went out of his way to make sure we had everything we needed and always had a smile!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family