“Smelly, nasty, and JANK!”

Hampton Inn I-75 Lexington/Hamburg Area
Ranked #15 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Reviewed July 15, 2012

We stayed at this Hampton Inn and were thoroughly disgusted! We were traveling with our two little mini-doxies who are very obedient and used to traveling. The room we first had was the worst I've seen. The door frame was all chewed up in the bathroom like someone locked their dog in there, and it was in a frenzy to escape, probably because the bathroom was also nasty. It totally smelled like cigarettes. But the absolute worst thing was the carpeting. I made the mistake of taking off my shoes... Shouldn't you be allowed to do that in a hotel??? Only if you want the bottom of your feet to be as black as tar! Then, I pulled back the comforter, and Voila! There was what appeared to be a urine stain that was all crusty and dried up, but definitely yellowish. I called the front desk and asked "Ben" how often the linens were washed, and I specified that I meant the blankets. His reply was that he did not know. Seriously? It should be after every guest! We asked for another room. The only thing different from this room and the other was that the walls weren't chewed and there were no obvious stains on the blankets. I refused to sleep with anything covering me except the sheet. I would not walk on the carpeting for fear of some fungal bacteria infection. Both rooms were very MOIST! I took the fastest shower in the history of showers and put my clothes on wet because I did not want to dry off with their smoky smelling towels. We high-tailed it out of there at the crack of dawn. Needless to say, I will NEVER go back there!

Room Tip: Choosing a good room at Hampton Inn means going to another hotel!
3  Thank noelpreasoner
Patricia F, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn I-75 Lexington/Hamburg Area, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2012

Thank you for your honest feedback of your stay with us. I understand the condition of the carpets and bedding were of concern; I am always looking for reviews to provide insight into our guest experience, as cleanliness and comfort are our first priority. I apologize that we did not meet your expectations and I have shared your comments with our housekeeping team in an effort to prevent similar missteps in the future. Thank you again for your feedback and I invite you back to stay with us and let us know how we are doing the next time your travels bring you to the area.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

This place is across the street from a Hustler shop, it smells horribly of sewage, the room is small. We got the room next to the elevator....huge mistake! Very loud!! The bathroom is the nicest thing about this room other than the coffee pot being under the sink. I guess you can brew a pot while on the pot!? I will not stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012
3  Thank Mb20lady
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Had to make an unplanned stop in Lexington, KY on a Saturday night and found a vacancy at the Hampton Inn off of I-75. Once checked in and we went to our room we were immediately hit with the smell of cigarette smoke, especially in the bathroom (it was a non-smoking room.) I immediately went to the front desk and told the lady that our room reeked of cigarette smoke and I didn't want that to be held against me when I checked out. She made no attempt to try to move my room or offer an apology, just "ok...I'll make a note of that..." About 7:30am Sunday morning, somebody's dog started barking and woke the whole family up. The dog barked almost continuously until probably 8:30 until we couldn't take it anymore and we went ahead and had breakfast. The breakfast was good, plenty of selection and ample room to sit and have a meal. When I checked out I told the lady at the front desk (a different person) about my experience with the smoke & the dog and she basically acted like she really didn't care and just said "Okay..." and continued on with her business.
Overall, not a very good experience, which is rare from a Hilton brand hotel.

2  Thank jeremycriss
Reviewed June 26, 2012

We really were surprised at how nice the room was. They were very accommodating to us with our dog and baby. Breakfast was included with the rate. There is a nice dog run with pick up bags and a trash can. We will stay here again.

2  Thank Paula H
Reviewed June 25, 2012

very nice desk clerk who was working for the summer. good breakfast, clean rooms, very quiet hotel.
a great stay.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 20, 2012

Very clean and the staff was really helpful. Perfect hotel to take a dog. They have a dog run and no pet fee. Free breakfast and internet.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank brooklynshaz
Reviewed May 18, 2012

This hotel does not have a large selection of returants near. This staff is a little lacking on guest service but overall seem they seem to be willing to do what they can to help. If your diamond member I didn't receive any of the privileges during my stay here

• Stayed: April 2012