“Pet friendly”

Hampton Inn I-75 Lexington/Hamburg Area
Ranked #21 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Reviewed April 11, 2011

We stayed 1 night on our way to Pennsyvania with our 2 dogs, the hotel was very clean & inviting. The bed was comfortable & the room quite. There was a decent pet walk area which was well maintaine & clean. The hotel is close to gas, food & highway.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank benningtravler

Reviewed April 9, 2011

This is a very nice hotel with above average rooms. Friendly staff and good location (one adult store a block away is totally separated from neighboring hotels, Cracker Barrel, etc - you don't even know it is there). Remodeled rooms are better than new - lacks in room microwave/refrigerator - avail on request. Allows pets - but non pet owners would not know as rooms have clean, fresh smell.

• Stayed: April 2011
2  Thank PaulSnyder
Reviewed February 11, 2011

During this trip we stayed in a few other hotels and they were at a way WAY cheaper price while having way more. We had never stayed at a Hampton Inn so we decided to "spoil" ourselves a little bit, we walked in and the lobby, pool and workout area were really nice (I think thats where they put all their money into) so we were really excited. Well... once I got to the room everything changed. The room looked like any old Motel room, not a HOTEL room. The furniture is scratched all over, the TV did not have a clear crisp picture, and the beds were incredibly hard. The stem (to make it go from bath to shower) was broken off, and the tub stopper was jammed so I could take a bath. The window in our room was pulling in so much cold air it made the room cold by one of the beds. The A/C or Heater was so loud I couldn't hear my TV without it being loud. The Bed frame extends past the mattress to when I walked by it I ended up cutting myself. One more thing they don't have a laundry facility so that made it even worse.

This was not one of the worst but I have paid less and got way more.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 4, 2010

the personnel made the difference! We travel with our dogs, one of which is large and scary-looking. No problem for the young ladies at the desk who were more than accommodating. Once in our pet-friendly room, which was clean and exactly what you'd expect from a Hampton, it became evident that two double beds in such a small room with two teens and two dogs was going to be REALLY uncomfortable. I noticed there was a connecting room and called down to the desk inquiring about it. Long story short, the young woman who answered the phone understood our space problem, offered us a great rate on the adjoining room, and everyone was much happier!

All amenities and breakfast were exactly what you expect from Hampton Inns-no more, no less. The only possible drawback is that the surrounding area doesn't seem to be a great neighborhood, and even with a big scary-looking dog, it's not someplace I really felt comfortable walking him late at night. But otherwise, this Hampton was a great value for a stop-over on the way to somewhere else! ;)

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank NiCionnoith
Reviewed October 13, 2010

This hotel is well maintained and well run. The staff was attentive and our whole experience there was very positive!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 23, 2010

Spent the night at the Lexington KY Hampton Inn on a return motorcycle trip from Charleston SC to Milwaukee WI. The staff was extremely professional and friendly. They let my brother and I park our bikes under the over hang to keep them out of the rain. The room was clean and neat. The beds were comfortable. The breakfast was great and more than justified the cost of the room.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 19, 2010

Not the worst hotel I've been to, but definitely needs to be updated. Area not great either. Staff was very excellent so that helped.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family