“Nice room, great price, loud air conditioner”

Courtyard Lexington South/Hamburg Place
Ranked #38 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Nice room, great price, loud air conditioner”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

The hotel is fully updated and our room was spacious and clean. Plenty of room for my husband, two boys and me. Nice looking indoor pool, although we didn't use it. Location is good--across the street from Malone's, Harry's Bar and Aqua--and I loved the fact that you could come back and have an after dinner drink in the lobby bar/restaurant area. The only downside was that around midnight, our A/c unit became a bit noisy and it kept me awake, unfortunately. We got a great rate on this hotel, and I would probably stay here again, all things considered.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Colliers, West Virginia
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We prepaid for a room at another hotel only to arrive after midnight to be told our room had been given to someone else. We drove on until we came to this hotel and were told it was no problem to give us a room for two nights with a king bed. This hotel was clean, quiet, the staff was amazingly efficient from the night clerk who got us checked in within minutes to the day clerk, Cathy, who personally brought us our breakfast. After driving for 8 hours, we would have been happy anywhere but this hotel stayed fantastic our entire stay. We had a problem with the air conditioning the first night and it was repaired and replaced within hours of our notifying the clerk. No complaints with this place. There is not a free breakfast, but we did order breakfast one morning and it was delicious and not overly priced for food delivered right to your bed. And there are plenty of eateries around! We have family in the area so will be visiting again and hope to make this hotel our base. You have a staff to be proud of!!!

Room Tip: We were on the 2nd floor and could hear the person above us walking around at times. Perhaps it was...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Vermilion, Ohio, United States
Reviewed July 29, 2013

The room was clean and quiet. The staff was friendly and helpful. We ordered breakfast at the restaurant - I wasn't impressed and it was a bit overpriced. We swam in the pool for a bit - pretty relaxing! The hotel is close to EVERYTHING, and for the price, I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
KY
Reviewed July 7, 2013

My family of 4 stayed 2 nights just for a weekend getaway and shopping. We stayed in a King Suite. Was very nice and roomy. The staff was friendly and helpful when needed. We got coffee drinks from the Starbucks onsite. Ate breakfast 1day at hotel. I would consider it average. Used the pool was small but nice. Malone's across the street was wonderful. Would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Chesapeake, Virginia
Reviewed July 4, 2013

We were here for a family event and got a group discount for planning months in advance. Work directly with the property management to get this deal.

It is in a great location; very near I-75 and Man ‘O War Blvd, and is surrounded by a wide choice of restaurants, grocery and retail stores of all specialties and generalities. Anything you’d need to very close. There is even a fantastic party store a few blocks away – the Liquor Barn, with the widest varieties of ‘spirits’, beers, wines and party foods & accessories you imagine. Right across the road is Malone’s, a must-visit, locally-owned Prime Steak Restaurant. The other end of Man ‘O War Blvd is the Lexington airport (LEX) and the famous Keeneland Racecourse.

Even before the massive rain storm hit Lexington of first evening, the room seemed to be damp, as if they had recently shampooed the carpet and it hadn’t dried completely. The AC was set at 65 degrees when we entered further reinforced my opinion. Regular cleaning is a good thing for a hotel, but it was damper than I’d prefer.

There is a bistro serving similar menu as another Courtyard Marriott we stayed earlier this year in NC. Coffee was available at all hours that I visited for a cup. The bed was comfortable and not too soft, but I did find the pillows too soft, for my preference.

The staff was great and tolerated our family gatherings in the lobby and in the courtyard out back in the evenings over a few days. Hopefully, we didn’t make too much noise…but we did occupy about a dozen of their rooms. Other than the damp room, this was a very pleasant stay.

Room Tip: There are entrances on both ends of the building. We got one just inside one side door making it ve...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank WA2world
Union County, North Carolina
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Let me say first, watch your credit card after staying here. After returning from our family vacation, I was checking my credit card to follow up on my expenses when I noticed that the Marriott Courtyard had charged me for two nights (June 7th and June 8th). I immediately called the hotel and spoke with Beverly who could not seem to find my reservation- I then faxed her my receipt (which was for one night-the 7th). I explained to her my concern about being charged two nights- she could tell my concern and proceeded to ask me to calm down as she was trying to help me. She proceeded to tell me that in their notes, I had come down the next morning and asked that my last name be changed to "Hendricks" (there was no one in my party with that name- my mother or sister, nor did it match the name on the credit card I provided for payment of the room) and extended another day. As I explained to her, we arrived Friday night around 10:00pm and next morning ate continental breakfast and headed on our way to Illinois. I have proof that I was in Illinois Saturday night. My concern is either an associate is not following protacol (by letting someone just change a name) or they are committing fraud (adding a second night to my credit card for maybe personal purposes). I was extremely concerned that my credit card information may have been compromised. She assured me that was not the case and they would get this addressed immediately and a manager "Cathy" would call me on Saturday (June 22nd)-she would be in around 9 or 10am . Needless to say today is Sunday June 23rd and I have not heard a word. I guess I will need to follow up myself on Monday June 24th since it does not seem to be a priority with the Marriott Courtyard. I have never had this happen at a Marriott before muchless anywhere else I have stayed.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank kathyboa2
conway, SC
Reviewed May 30, 2013

This is quite a nice hotel. The room was very clean and quite large. We were there for our daughter's graduation from Asbury Seminary, which takes about 20 minutes to get there.
My only "con" of this hotel is there was no coffee available the first morning of our visit. We had to buy Starbucks. Breakfast was not included and the menu, for sale only, was not great. We intended on eating dinner there, but no one was there to wait on customers at 5:30 pm. We left and found a small restaurant that was very good. The area was nice and everything excellent, except the above on food.

Room Tip: No suggestions, as this was a great room on the 2nd floor. Everything was very clean. The area was...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple