“wonderful hotel”

Baymont Inn & Suites Lexington
Ranked #58 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Reviewed July 19, 2011

stayed in july and and it was a pretty good stay. enjoyed the pool, jacuzzi and room.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Baymont Inn & Suites Lexington

Reviewed December 13, 2010

Stayed here one night on way to another destination. Hotel was clean enough, but seemed a bit dated. I was glad we were only there for a night only because the room, and especially the bathroom were very small...too small to be comfortable for a longer stay.(the bathroom door barely clears the front of the commode, so you have to stand to the side to open and close door.) Staff was friendly. Many dining options close by or two exits south. We had stayed at two other hotels during our trip, for total of five nights, paying about the same price at those hotels, and the other hotels were so much more comfortable and spacious...even cleaner. I usually rely on the Holiday Inn Express brand when having to choose a hotel w/out researching reviews, and this time I felt let down.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 16, 2010

Could be the location & the fact that LOTS of people select HIE... this location is very tattered from MUCH traffic, wear, & tear. Carpets are dirty, obviously SMOKERS violate the KY non-smoiking rule for such facilities.

If HIE does collect a $100 cleaning fee, then the service they use to clean up after a room is polluted does not EARN its fee!

No bed bugs in our room... good night's sleep... very acceptable breakfast variety... but no waffles.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 20, 2010

To start out this hotel's staff was friendly....every staff member had a smile on their face and would speak to you..whether to say good morning or to ask how your stay was. The hotel was not run by foreigners and was very clean. Everything worked in the room. The breakfast was very good and for once was a hot one. I will not stay at any other hotel again. I would recommend this hotel to everyone I know. There was not one thing negative about this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank jodysphoto
Reviewed March 22, 2009

We had bed bugs in not one, but two rooms!! When we contacted the person at the front desk, the only thing he did for us was change rooms. No apology...

The room smelled musty and wasn't clean.

I have stayed at other Holiday Inn Express' before and none of them were this bad.

Worst experience is that I wasn't able to sleep at night in fear of more bed bugs in the new room.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
4  Thank runnergirl09
Reviewed January 14, 2009

Of my many travel experiences this most recent hotel experience has to rate as the worst. Several days prior to my arrival, I made a reservation directly through the hotels website for a King size room with a Jaccuzi bath.

Upon arrival, I complete the check-in process go to the room to discover that it is a King size Wheel chair accessible room. When I call the front desk to explain the mistake, I was told to hold and then hung up on. So I gathered my bags and went downstairs to the front desk.

When speaking with the desk clerk I was told that according to their computer that is the room type I ordered. I disagreed, and took the opportunity to boot my laptop and retreive my email confirmation. Behold, it stated exactly what I had reserved...a King room with Jaccuzi tub.

The desk clerk still refused to acknowledge that this was the room type I had reserved and began hastly calling number from some notebook and leaving multiple messages. As I dialed the reservation number on my confirmation email, the desk clerk discovered some notes on my account showing that my room had been DOWN GRADED by one of their employees.

Even with this admission of their error, the desk clerk offered me the room I was assigned or a room with two double beds. Both of these options were DOWN GRADES from my reservation.

To date, this issue remains unresolved. Travelers beware, as multiple Holiday Inn Express locations in Lexington have the SAME management!

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank kydude
Reviewed November 6, 2008

This hotel is badly in need of an overhaul. Although it is billed as a 100% smoke-free hotel, my room had clearly once been a smoking room. It smelled musty with a hint of stale cigarettes. It was also dark and not particularly clean.

I travel quite frequently and count on Holiday Inn Express to be reliably clean and comfortable; I was sorely disappointed. There are several other hotel chains at the same convenient Interstate exit--next time I'll stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business