WINNER WONDERLAND

GreenLeadersBronze level
Louisville, United States
“Comfortable stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2014

I had a conference in downtown Lexington. The location of this property made for an easy drive in with a substantially lower room cost than if I had stayed closer to my meeting site. Stay was very comfortable and the breakfast on site again made my life easier.

1 Thank Terri J
unflappable, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Lexington Conference Center, responded to this review, August 17, 2014
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to post your comments.

We have a lot of guests who stayed with us while they are attending a meeting downtown. With us only being only 8 miles from downtown, our guests like the fact that they can avoid the traffic, pay much lower price and get free parking. None of the downtown hotels offers free breakfast and our guests really like the fact that our rate includes the free hot breakfast bar each morning.

I am glad we were able to provide you with a comfortable room at a lower price with added values. I hope you will stay with us again the next time you are in town for a meeting.

Kim Thompson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Batavia, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2014

All of the staff that we spoke to were very friendly and accommodating. The room was nice and large, and clean. And even though we stayed in a room across from where they are doing construction to install an elevator we were not inconvenienced by that at all. If we're ever in Lexington again we will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
unflappable, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Hotel Lexington Conference Center, responded to this review, August 17, 2014
Thank you so much for giving us the perfect "5"!!!!

I do think we have the friendliest people in Lexington. I promise you won't find nicer, friendlier people in any other hotels in Lexington.

The construction crew for the new elevator has been very thoughtful and accommodating. They understand that our first priority is our guests. They are really careful about not making any noises until after 10 a.m.

The new elevator is finally here and I am thinking the installation will be completed by the end of August. Personally, I think our housekeeping staff is more excited about the new elevator than anyone else.

We really appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you on your next visit.

greendale, wi
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2014

We gave this property another chance since our last visit one year ago. I am pleasantly surprised with the recovery. They are in the process of updating bathrooms and hallways. The results are good. The security of the outside doors was intact and I felt better about this. The hotel was fairly full, but never felt that way. The hot breakfast was better than the standard continental offered in most places. The bisquits and sausage gravy was tasty. The eggs and potatoes were only adequate. I missed the fresh fruit, this place only had apples as an option.
I would go back. The food is only a bonus in my opinion and the facility is, as my title states, recovering. They have a way to go to get over average, but they are on the right road.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank gturay
unflappable, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Lexington Conference Center, responded to this review, July 20, 2014
Thank you so much giving us another chance and noticing all the improvements we are making!

In the past year, we've replaced all public area carpet, replaced headboards on all beds, replaced the bathroom tiles both in the guest and public bathrooms, and installed granite vanities (with shelf for storage!). We've also resurfaced the parking lot and we are in the process of adding a second elevator. I am hoping that new drapes will be delivered next week so we can start putting them up.

Again, we appreciate you giving us another opportunity to serve you better. On your next visit, you will find even more new improvements!

Birmingham, Alabama
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014

When my family and I checked in, the young woman at the front desk was very friendly. But the next couple of days showed me somthing different. Our room was never cleaned, we had to ask for clean towels. On one occasion, we never received the clean towels that we were promised. Our trash was not emptied. My husband took out the trash. We will not stay at this hotel ever again.

Room Tip: I hope others have a better experience than my family did.
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Sabrina B
I am so sorry for the lack of housekeeping service during your stay.

There is absolutely no reason why your room was not serviced unless there was a Do Not Disturb sign on the door. I've reviewed your comments with our room inspectors. We obviously need to keep a closer tab on our housekeeping staff. We don't typically inspect the rooms that are staying over, but after I received your comments, our room inspectors are checking every room so this will not happen again. We have a several new housekeepers but that is no excuse. I am mortified that your husband had to take out the trash.

You can be rest assured that this problem will not happen again. Providing a clean room and fulfilling guest requests are minimum standards and we obviously dropped the ball on both. I promise to work daily with our staff so that same problem will not occur in the future.

Pikeville, KY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014

Overall it is a pretty nice hotel. All of the staff that I encountered were very friendly and helpful. I don't feel the value of the hotel equaled the $112.xx per night paid. Although that may have just been the room (281) we were in. A lot of things in the room were unplugged, like the clock, microwave, refrigerator, etc. Room did not really have enough electrical outlets to accommodate everything. Microwave did not work, it would come on for about a minute and then the power to it would shut off, after it cooled down it would come back on again and could be used for another minute. Someone stuck a do not disturb sign on our room door while we were gone, so the room did not get cleaned, but the desk was really prompt about bringing up fresh towels when we requested them. TV has controls locked out so the HDMI and VGA ports don't work (wanted to watch a movie on our laptop and show it on the screen). Breakfast was okay, but had a microwave kind of taste to it. The hotel was really crowded and there was not enough seating in the breakfast area. Overall it was a good stay, although I don't think the value equals price paid. I think it may have also been a better experience if the hotel had been less busy and other rooms are probably better. Beds are very comfortable and the Wireless Internet works great (probaly the best hotel Internet I have encountered). Would try it again if I found a better price / good deal on it.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Please accept my apology for the microwave not working properly in your room. I received your comments after your departure. We've replaced the microwave in room 281 on Monday morning.

We keep the appliances unplugged to conserve energy. As a member of Trip Advisor and American Hotel & Lodging Association's green team, we use compact fluorescent light bulbs in all our light fixtures, recycle all paper and plastic items, and keep the microwave, refrigerator, coffeemaker, and hair dryer unplugged. I hope you understand our effort to make the world a better place.

I completely understand your frustration on the lack of outlets. We've purchased "multi-ports" that have three plugs last month. We will be installing them on top of the nightstand this month to take care of this problem. I know all of us travel with at least 1 electronic gadgets so I understand the importance of readily available plugs.

As for the room rates, weekends in July are busiest time of the year in Lexington. Because of that, our rates are about 20% higher on weekends. If your travel plan is flexible, please come see us during the weekdays and I promise you will get a much better rate.

Again, please accept my apology for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. We strive everyday to make sure our guests are completely satisfied with their stays and I am sorry we were not able to do that with yours. I hope you won't give up on us and give us another opportunity to serve you better.

Booneville, Kentucky
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014

I had to work the weekend of July 11-13 in Lexington, KY. I booked a room at the Best Western Conference center because I took my son and mother with me and thought that because they had two pools they would enjoy this. When I arrived on Friday at 6:00 pm there was a long line checking in and kids all over the place. It took about 20-30 minutes wait to check in. The room was nice and it opened to the courtyard going to the pool. There was a opened bottle of water left in the refrigerator that was not ours. The phone in the room did not work at all and I reported this and the gentlemen at the front desk ask me if I needed the phone?? Anyway it was not fixed all weekend. I had my cell phone so that was OK except for on Saturday night at 11:00 there was a fire alarm and I could not call the front desk. The pools were always so crowded as was the breakfast area. We had to get our breakfast and go back to the room to eat because there was no place to sit inside or outside. The breakfast was very good with biscuits and gravy, sausage, potatoes, cereal, toast etc.. The hotel was Ok I just prefer a more peaceful place. They do have refrigerator and microwaves in the room which is nice. The bed and the pillows were very nice as well. If it wasn't family vacation time I am sure that it would have been less crowded.

1 Thank Verly123
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to post your comments.

Please accept my apology for the wait at check-in and the pools and breakfast room being crowded.

We were completely full during the weekend you stayed with us. Even with 13,000 sq. ft. of indoor pool area, when we have over 400 guests in the hotel, as you noticed, things can get really hectic.

We are really proud to have a really large breakfast room which seats 58 people, but when we are completely full, there is not enough seating for everyone during peak hours. I am really sorry that you had to take the breakfast to your room because you couldn't find seating. On weekends, the breakfast room calms down between 7 a.m. and 8 a.m. and after 9:30 a.m. If your travel plan is flexible, please join us during these hours and I promise you will find empty tables.

I will review your comments about the water bottle in the refrigerator and the phone not working with our staff. These issues should have been addressed immediately. We pride ourselves in providing exceptional guest service, and I am really sorry we didn't live up to your expectations. I hope you will give us another chance to serve you better.

Westville, Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014

Remodel was in process during our stay. Our room was very nice. We didn't arrive until around 8 p.m. Room wasn't ready, waited 30 minutes. Hot tub in pool area didn't work. Good breakfast. Very comfortable bed. Lots of confusion when fire alarm went off at 11 p.m. Need better training. Staff was very nice. Faster to take stairs than elevator but glad to have it for taking up luggage. Would recommend overall.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

1 Thank okannie
I am so sorry for the fire alarm going off in the middle of the night. The alarm monitoring service called me about 12:30 a.m. to let me know what was going on.

On Monday morning, we finally found out that there was a power surge that went through the ice machine at entrance 1 which set off the fire alarm. I know this doesn't help the fact that you were woken up at 12:30 a.m., but the ice machine has been repaired.

Again, I am so sorry for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay. With fingers crossed, we won't have another issue with the equipment or alarm.