“Short Vacation”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Defiance, United States
“Short Vacation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2014

Booked online into the wrong hotel and it worked out to be a better Vacation. Turned out to be quicker to Daugthers home than hotel at Coves Cade where we were planning to stay. Better room and location for Knottsville or Maryville, Tn.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

unflappable, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Lexington Conference Center, responded to this review, June 28, 2014
I am sorry that you ended up at the wrong hotel, but I sure am glad you stayed with us. It's just amazing how things always work out for the best.

I hope you had a great visit with your daughter. I have family coming to visit this summer from abroad and I just can't wait!

I hope you will come back and stay with us again on your next visit to Lexington. Have a great summer!

Kim Thompson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Richmond, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2014

Great place to stay. We stay here often on our want to and from North Carolina. Expect to continue using Best Western in all our travels. Maybe some international travels. Will look forward to using our accumulation of points.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you so much for your continued business. We have a lot of Best Western Reward members who use their points stay for free. With Best Western members earning 10 points for every dollar they spend, it doesn't take long to start redeeming their points. I know some hotels require as few as 10,000 points for a free night's stay. I hope you get to redeem your soon!

Again, thank you so much for staying with us. It's loyal guests like you who make us successful and we cannot thank you enough. Please travel safely when you go abroad.

Danville, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2014

We stayed at this hotel twice in a week, that should tell you something about the place! While loading our car on the second stay I realized my new phone was missing. I sent my daughter back into the room but she was unable to find the phone. We went to the front desk to check out and see if housekeeping had turned in a phone. Denise went above and beyond expectations to help find it. Since we had only left the room 10 minutes prior, housekeeping had not been in there yet. Staff gave me a key to let me search again, went to the car to drive around and there under my seat was the phone! I felt so silly but Denise just laughed and was happy that I had found it. Yes, I will return the next time we are in town!

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

unflappable, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Lexington Conference Center, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to post your comments.

I am glad that you found your phone! I've lost mine before and I remember how panicked I was. I was thinking just the other day that I don't know how we survived before the cell phones, emails, and internet.

I know that when it comes to choosing a hotel, you have many options. We certainly appreciate you choosing ours. We look forward to welcoming you on your next stay.

Brazil, Indiana
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2014

Missed turn going in, bad road frontage.
Got checked by a manager, he was nice.
Put things in room, went out for dinner at Zaxbys
Got back and settled into bed. Started hearing people talking.........
They kept talking, laughing, coughing, and making all kinds of noises!
We heard entire conversations..........
Got word to front desk that everybody was too loud.
Response was "you can only ask someone to quite down so many times"
After a night of no sleep we went to breakfast.
I'd like my money and my nights sleep back......
Dinner and breakfast were both really good!
Won't be staying there again

Room Tip: Go elsewhere! Good breakfast
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Please accept my apology for the problem you experienced due to noise from another room.

I am mortified that one of our front desk staff made the comment about asking a guest not quiet down. If we were not able to quiet down a guest, we should have either move that guest to another room or given you an option to move. I will review your comments with our front desk staff. It doesn't matter how frustrating a situation gets, we should never imply that your request is burdensome.

Again, on behalf of our entire staff, I am so sorry that your stay was ruined because of noise. I hope that you understand that an incident like the one you experienced is not a common occurrence at our hotel.

We sincerely appreciate your business, and I will use your feedback to make sure our front desk staff is better trained in handling a guest request more professionally.

Indiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2014

Arrived after dark and the check in was quick and easy.
Front desk was helpful and eager to please. Hotel is kind of tired and needs some TLC, but overall was a nice, convenient place to spend the night. Morning breakfast was good and the selection was decent but the coffee was awful. Everything else was fine. Room was clean as was the interior of the hotel, but the sidewalks, parking lots, etc were very neglected and dirty.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to post your comments.

Please accept my apology for the condition of the parking lot. We do have morning and evening staff who take care of the parking and our public areas. Our goal is to make sure that the parking lot is cleaned up before the guests start checking out. We obviously failed to do this during your stay. I will review your comments with our maintenance staff and make sure that this is done first thing in the morning.

We have a new company that's supplying our coffee and juice. I know that our breakfast bar attendants are getting the "kinks" worked out. I haven't received any negative feedbacks on the coffee. I will review your comments with the coffee company; maybe they need to adjust the strength.

I know that when it comes to hotels, there are many to choose from. We certainly appreciate you choosing our hotel. I hope you will come back stay with us on your next trip to Lexington.

Knoxville, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2014

The Hotel was great. I truly have no issues with the Hotel. I have an issue finding the correct hotel for my travels. This hotel was very far out of my way. I looked on the map and this appeared to be the best however I discovered another Best Western about 3 miles from my destination where this hotel was 30. Holiday Inn have very good mapping on the internet. It appears that Best Western locations are not accurate. Many are missing.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to post your comments.

I am sorry for the inconvenience you experienced because we were not closer to your destination. We are the only Best Western in Lexington. If you needed to closer to Georgetown or Richmond, there are two Best Westerns closer to these two cities. I am sorry you had to travel out of your way.

I will forward your comments to Best Western International. I know that the website, bestwestern.com, got a make-over this spring, and I am sure there will more improvements coming.

We do appreciate your business. If your travel plans bring you to our city, I hope you will stay with us again.

Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2014

just recently spent the night here for the first time... i have a really great experince here all around... the room was very spacious, clean, and oacked with amenities. its a smokefree facility, but electronic cigarettes are allowed thoughout the entire facility including rooms so thats a plus... there's also a large pool, in house bar, and convention room available.. also, with in 50 to 100 yards you have a corner convienence store (beer and other nick nacks needed), 24hr waffle house, and Spermint Rhino to take in 'local culture'.. lolall in all, i will be coming back to this location first chance i get.

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to post your comments.

I am glad your stay was a pleasant one. With the convenience store and the Waffle House adjacent to us, we do see a lot our guests walking to get supplies or get a bite to eat late at night.

I hope you will come back and stay with us before the outdoor pool closes for the season. We painted the pool this year and it's just beautiful. We will have it open until the middle of September. Come back and see us!