“Convenient, clean and quiet”

Clarion Hotel Lexington Conference Center
Ranked #43 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
GreenLeadersBronze level
Orlando, Florida
“Convenient, clean and quiet”
Reviewed May 8, 2014

This hotel is convenient to the highway, but still quiet. Our room was a good size, clean, with adequate towels provided. Best of all, the air/heat unit was tucked back into a corner of the room and was quiet - so many hotels have clunky loud units that just don't allow you a good night's sleep. Can't speak for all their rooms, but we were happy we got a quiet one! We were glad to get off the road when we did this particular night, so opted to try out the inside bar for dinner instead of heading back out. Mostly typical bar food was available, but it was reasonably priced, and I did manage to find a salad on the menu that was so generous I couldn't finish it. In addition to TV, the bar has couches, chairs and tables available, so you can be as comfortable as you want to be while you drink and/or dine. Breakfast was good - highlights were lightly seasoned potatoes with the skin still on them, and a good milk gravy. We'd stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
unflappable, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Lexington Conference Center, responded to this review, May 18, 2014
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to post your comments.

As you noticed, even though we are located right off the busy I-75, we never hear the road noise because of the fact that thee is a large field in front of us and the interstate.

I am glad you tried one of salads. We added the salads this past year because we received numerous guest comments about needing more healthy options. I am glad you enjoyed it.

With two 42" TVs with couches and comfortable lounge chairs, it is pretty relaxing to sit in the bar while eating and/or getting a drink.

Again, thank you for staying with us. We look forward to your next stay.

Kim Thompson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Twin Lakes, Wisconsin
Reviewed May 6, 2014

This hotel has a great location and is very convenient. We stayed in a courtyard room, which was very convenient for my husband to go outside and smoke (non-smoking hotel). The place is very well decorated, and CLEAN! By far one of the nicest Best Westerns that we have stayed in. We booked the hotel for 3 nights, but ended up changing it to 2 nights. Staff was very accommodating and assisted us with arranging a night at another Best Western. We were allowed to leave our truck and motorcycle trailer there when we drove downstate and stayed the night at the other hotel. This is perfect for Bikers, Families, or anyone passing through Lexington. Very safe and relaxed environment. I have read some of the other reviews about pricing and I don't know what these people are used to paying, but our rooms averaged about $100 a night after taxes and I feel like I got a great value for my money. Breakfast was pretty decent- hot and cold items. Hotel bar was a bit pricey, but all hotel bars are pricey. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone going to Lexington! It is also pet friendly!!

Room Tip: Courtyard rooms are great if you are traveling with a smoker.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to post your comments.

We get a lot of guests on motorcycles, they all love the fact that we have a covered front entry where they can leave their motorcycles overnight protected from the weather.

As you experienced, our weekday rates are about 20% less than weekends. If your travel plan is flexible, you will always get a lower rate by staying on a week night.

We went smoke-free last November, and having those courtyard rooms have helped tremendously. With the sliding patio doors, our guests can walk out into the courtyard and able to smoke which is pretty convenient.

We appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you on your next visit.

Oakville, Canada
Reviewed May 6, 2014

What a wonderful experience it was to stay at his hotel. From the friendly check in ( thanks to GUY ) to the lovely clean comfortable ,spacious room. this is the place we will in again when next in Lexington KY.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

1 Thank Dermot M
Thank you so much for your kind words!

We strive everyday to make sure our guests are completely satisfied with their stays. I am so glad we were successful with yours.

I am really lucky to have some of the nicest people, like Guy, work with us. I truly believe that we have the nicest and friendliest front desk staff in Lexington.

Thank you so much for your business, and we look forward to welcoming you on your next stay.

nashville
Reviewed May 6, 2014

small problem at check in wrong room, had to obtain new keys day 2 they did not work, bathroom not cleaned 2nd day. pool area was awesome. Hotel was clean, staff was very friendly. The only real negative was the "gentlemens club" across street. overall good experience I would stay again

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Please accept my apology for the key not working and your bathroom not cleaned on the second day. We've upgraded the motherboards in all of our locks last year. Since then, the locks don't seem to read the keys as well as they used to. I've called the manufacturer about the problem. Hopefully, I will hear back from them soon.

I will review your comments about the bathroom with our housekeepers. I can't imagine how the bathroom got skipped if the bedroom part was cleaned. We've had several new housekeepers in the past month and we are experiencing some "growing pains". I will make sure that the room inspectors pay a closer attention during the inspection process too.

We appreciate your business, and am glad you will give another opportunity to serve you better. We will be installing new granite vanities starting next week. Hopefully, the project will be completed before your next stay. We look forward to welcoming you on your next visit.

Pinconning, Michigan, United States
Reviewed May 5, 2014

helpful staff, nice breakfast. good location right off expressway. nice variety of breakfast items including biscuits and gravy. rooms adequate for an overnight stay .I dont know why best western is requiring a minimum of 200 characters... it is ridiculous to have to have 200 characters to write a review on them. I don't want to write a book. just a review

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to post your comments. Your comment about 200 characters made me laugh.

I am glad you had enough time to eat the breakfast. We are getting new drapes for the breakfast and atrium windows next month. I hope you will come back and stay with us, and let us know what you think about them.

We do appreciate your business and hope you have a great summer!

Reviewed May 4, 2014

I purchased the room in this supposed 3-star hotel through a third party. When I arrived, the hotel was empty. I requested a King room and was told that was impossible that the room could not be changed without a fax request from the third party, which as anyone who travels regularly knows is nonsense. I was put into a room with two double beds, no desk and the appliances plugged, their cords on the floor -- presumably they make too much noise.

My office phoned the front desk to inquire about another room, but was told they would have to speak to a manger on the following day (that would be after I had stayed in the room). My office called Best Western corporate, which tried three times to get through, but the "professional" at the front desk did not pick up the phone. Three star service, really?

In all, the problem is that the hotel is way overrated and is terrible based on the 3 star rating. It is rare to find a Best Western that is in any way on par with other 3-star chains such as Courtyard, Hyatt or Holiday Inn, and this was certainly not one of them.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Gloria S
Dear Ms. Gloria S.,

I am so sorry for the inconvenience you experienced due to the king room not available. From your comments, I am thinking that your reservations was for a room with two full size beds. Typically, it is never an issue to change the reservation to another room type if we have it available. I am thinking that a king room was not available for the entire length of stay. I will review your comments with our front desk staff. Our first priority is to make sure our guests are happy with their stays and we would never disappoint a guest over a room type.

I sincerely apologize that we were not able to put you in a king room. I do hope you understand that on full nights, those rooms are committed to guests who booked that specific room type and we cannot give that room to another guest whose reservation was for a different room type.

I will relay your comment about the phone not being answered by the corporate office to Best Western International. I know that they are staffed twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week. I can't imagine why the phone was not answered. Yours is the first comment I received about the Best Western corporate office not answering their phones. Was it possible that your office had the wrong number?

Again, I am so sorry for the problems you encountered. We strive everyday to make sure our guests are completely satisfied with their stays, and I am sorry we were not able to do this with your stay. I do hope you understand that we cannot give a room to a guest who did not have a reservation for that room type, inconveniencing another guest who specifically booked that room type.

Soddy Daisy, United States
Reviewed April 29, 2014

Staff is very nice and helpful, but the rooms and not comfortable.The beds are not comfortable, the room did not smell very good. The noice from this area is very loud. The breakfast buffett area could be alittle more clean.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

1 Thank Tammy M
Dear Ms. Tammy M.,

Please accept my apology for the noise and breakfast bar area not being kept clean. From your comments, I am thinking you stayed with us over a weekend.

Weekends are really busy for us. There are weekends we are completely full and not have any noise issues, but as you experienced, some weekends get pretty loud. It all depends on what type of guests are staying with us. If we have a lot of golfers and sports teams, things can get pretty crazy. I hope you understand that your experience was not a typical one.

On weekends, we do staff two breakfast bar attendants to keep up with everything. Our Breakfast Room seats over 60 people, but on full weekends, guests have to wait for a table. During peak hours, I know things get really hectic. I will look into adding another person during the peak hours.

Again, I am sorry for the inconveniences you experienced. We really appreciate your business, and I hope that you will give us another chance to serve you better.