“Uneventful stay”

Clarion Hotel Lexington Conference Center
Ranked #43 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed April 14, 2014 via mobile

A lot of things can go wrong while visiting a hotel for a weekend. But this weekend everything went great.
The recreation area is great and if you planning to partake in the pool you might just consider requesting a room close to the rec center.
The rooms where nice and clean.
The breakfast is perfect. Not to fancy but definetly some hot food to pick from including eggs and biscuits and gravy. Not just your traditional continental breakfast.
The staff all seemed willing to accommodate.
My only complain't is the water pressure for the shower. It seemed to be lacking.
I would definetly stay here again.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
unflappable, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Lexington Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments.

Please accept my apology for the shower pressure in your room. We are in the process of replacing the shower heads. I've been purchasing the ones with massage options, and I think this will help with the water pressure.

I am glad you were able to enjoy the indoor pool and whirlpool. We are getting ready to open the outdoor pool in about three weeks. Hopefully, the weather will cooperate and we will have a great summer.

We appreciate your business, and look forward to welcoming you on your next stay.

There are newer reviews for Clarion Hotel Lexington Conference Center

Reviewed April 12, 2014

We stayed here in Feb and March, on our way to and from Florida with our little dog. The staff at front desk was very nice and we got checked in quickly. Grabbed a quick bite and and drink in the lounge, which we were allowed to bring in our dog also. Food was good, had the Nachos. On the way back and stopped again, we were up graded to a courtyard room due to our dog. It was nice to just open the door wall to let the dog out and not worry he could run off as the yard is all surrounded by the building. Breakfast was good. Coffee was good. Great value! Will be stopping in again next year. Don't forget to enjoy the beautiful pool and Hot Tub. It was wonderful!! Can't wait to go back.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

I can't imagine anything better than spending a whole month in Florida in February when it was 3*F in Lexington. I hope you and your dog got lots of sun!

I am glad you were upgraded to one of our courtyard rooms. With the patio door leading out to the courtyard, it is really great for pet owners. From now on, our guests will sit outside and enjoy the weather and the outdoor pool in our courtyard.

I am glad our staff did a good job taking care of you, and you were able to relax in our Murphy's Bar & Grill. I think our nachos and chicken wings are the best.

We appreciate your business and hope you will come back and stay with us on your next trip to Florida.

Reviewed April 9, 2014

I was able to select only one date, however, I have stayed here on several occasions 4 to 6 times throughout 2013 with my family and also by myself, as we prepared moving and visiting our son to UK. I have been very satisfied. The staff is friendly & breakfast is delicious. My stays are usually overnight. Once I stayed solo for two nights, as I came in for The Bluegrass Mud Run at UK. I'll include a photo of the room as I was getting settled in and another photo of a much needed bubble bath after being muddy :) My last visit was with my youngest son and his cousin, both 10 years old. We came for The UK Football Game titled The Hero's Game, honoring Veterans with a flag presentation, as it was displayed across the football field by UK's Army & Air Force ROTC. This was the only time that we had the opportunity to use the pool. I'll include a photo of my son jumping into the pool. It's very nice, but was too cold for me and the kids didn't stay in long. Other than that, I haven't had any unpleasant experiences. I plan to stay here again when I come to Lexington. I also recently stayed at the Best Western Aku Tiki Inn in Daytona Beach, Florida. It was absolutely wonderful! I have plans to stay at Best Western in Indianapolis, Indiana next month.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

My daughter is almost finished with her first year in college away from home (she decided to attend University of Louisville rather than go to UK) so I know how you feel about sending a child away. I hope your son is settled at UK and enjoying the campus life.

We appreciate you choosing our hotel when visiting Lexington. I am glad you've able to enjoy some of the events in Lexington and UK. I think Lexington is one of the most beautiful cities in the country, and I hope you and your son get to see more of it.

I am sorry about the temperature of the pool. Our indoor pool is kept at 82*F at all times. But I know it feels a lot colder when it is freezing outside. This past winter was one of the coldest and longest I've experienced. I am just glad it's finally spring.

Again, thank you for your continued support. We look forward to welcoming you on your next visit.

Reviewed April 9, 2014

Very comfortable. Friendly helpful staff. Good breakfast. Location very convenient, right off highway. Great for pets. Older place, but doing some renovation. Only issue - first room had had a smoker in it. Switched quickly with no hasstle

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Please accept my apology for the smoke smell in your first room.

We went smoke free last November, and even though we get our guests to initial by the smoking fee, we just can't get them to stop smoking. Smokers don't understand that it takes us a full week to get the room cleaned and sanitized to get the smoke smell out.

I will review your comments with our room inspectors. The room should have been taken out of service until we got the smoke smell out. I am allergic to smoke so I completely understand your feeling.

Again, I am sorry about the smoke smell. Your business is very important to us, and we appreciate you letting us know.

Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at this hotel on our way to Charleston, SC. I have to say that this is the nicest Best Western hotel I have stayed at. The service was top notch from check in to check out. Breakfast was very good and filled with a variety of foods. Would definitely stay here again and recommend it to others.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to post your comments.

I love Charleston! I've visited the city a couple of times, and I am amazed how beautiful the city is. I can eat shrimp and grits everyday of my life .

I hope you had a safe trip. The outdoor pool is getting ready to be painted next week and will be open in a couple of weeks. I hope you will come back this summer and enjoy the pool.

Reviewed April 3, 2014

I was met at the front desk with knowledgeable and caring staff who were most happy to have us as guests. Remodeling is happening which will make this location an even more eye appealing location. Bed was extremely comfortable and room very quiet.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your understanding while we are making improvements.

We are finally done with the bathroom project! What we thought was going to be a three week project lasted us three months and we were definitely ready for it to be over.. We do love the finished result. Now the bathrooms look modern and clean and we really love it.

Again, thank you for your patience and understanding. We will be installing new granite vanities next month. You will need to visit us this summer and let us know what you think about it.

Reviewed April 3, 2014

After a long day of traveling, I was ready to crash. I stopped at the Best Western in Lexington and was greeted as soon as I walked in. The older lady working the front desk was a sweet heart. She went above and beyond to make sure my stay was relaxing. The hotel was very nice and clean. The room was well kept, clean, and comfortable. I travel with my large 80lb dog and it was "dog friendly" Lots of places to walk around the premises. The pool was clean and the so was the fitness center. I had a delicious breakfast in the morning.

Room Tip: I chose the whirl pool room and it was fantastic! I relaxed in the jet tub while watching dancing wi...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo

I am so glad we were able to provide overnight accommodations for you and your furry family member.

Beverly is one of the most kind hearted people I've ever met, and it always shows by the way she treats people. She volunteers at the humane society and rescues dogs. When she is at the hotel, I know I never have to worry about anything.

Everyone at the hotel is a dog lover, including myself. I know how important it is to travel with my dog, and I am glad yours spent the night with us. We appreciate your business and look forward to having you stay with us again.