“A good choice for a solid stay; better than when it was Holiday Inn”

Clarion Hotel Conference Center South
Ranked #44 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed January 21, 2014

It had been years since I stayed at this property, and I have to stay it is much better than I remember it being when it was Holiday Inn South. Originally, I believe it was a Sheraton. At any rate, the present owners have made some nice updates and the public areas and guest rooms are quite up-to-date, clean and nice. This property is convenient to I-75, but it pretty much the most out-of-the-way full service hotel for all Lexington has to offer. Still, it is worth checking out and it is a good value. The on-site bar and grill offers a nice quiet atmosphere and basic bar food. The free, hot breakfast is quite good and satisfying. There is also an indoor pool (and a seasonal outdoor pool). This is a solid option for travelers.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
unflappable, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Conference Center South, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2014

Thank you for your nice comments!

In 2008, we underwent $1.3 million renovation. We are currently undergoing another renovation. By April, we should have all of our bathroom tiles replaced. I am getting ready to order granite vanities for all of our guest bathrooms and I am hoping we will have them installed by end of May. We will also be replacing the drapery in our rooms; hopefully, we will get the new ones by the end of next month.

We strive everyday to provide the best product possible for our guests, and I am certainly glad you noticed our efforts.

I hope you will come back and stay with us this summer once the renovation is completed. I think you really are going to love all the improvements!

Reviewed January 19, 2014

My husband, my son and I stayed at his hotel while visiting my girlfriend from high school in Lexington. The room was clean and big enough for us to be comfortable. We enjoyed the breakfast every morning. There was a lot to choose from on the buffet. Everything tasted good. Thanks for a great stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

I hope you had a great time with your high school friend!

I am sure you've exchanged a lot of pictures and got updates on schoolmates you haven't seen in years. I think we get so buy with our lives that we often neglect to follow up with our old friends. I am glad you had a chance to catch up with yours.

I hope your son enjoyed the indoor pool and hot tub during your stay. If he like to swim, he will love our outdoor pool, which will be open at the end of May. We are one of very few hotels that have a full size pool that's 9' deep.

Thank you so much for staying with us. I hope you will come back stay with us soon.

Reviewed January 16, 2014

My children attend Asbury University in Wilmore, KY. Every time I ether take them or visit them I stay at this hotel. This last visit my daughter, who graduated from there last May, said that we need to start planning her brothers graduation now (May 2016). I laughed at how we feel so comfortable here. Thanks for this wonderful place!!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
unflappable, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Conference Center South, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2014

Thank you so much for your loyal business.

It's amazing how the time flies. It seems like older I get, faster the time goes by. My daughter started her freshman year at the University of Louisville last fall. I can't believe her first year is almost over.

I hope your daughter is enjoy being in KY As you said, she will be graduating before you know it. I hope you had a safe trip back home. We will see you on your next visit!

Reviewed January 13, 2014

My wife & I stayed here recently on our way to Florida. The hotel was very convenient, easy in & out. The staff were well informed & helpful. We will stay here again. Good value for the money. Comfortable lounge.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank Larry B

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to post your comments. We always appreciate any input our guests provide us, and it's always great to know that we are doing our job.

I hope you are having a lot of fun in the sun! It's awfully cold in KY this time of the year. I am envious!

We hope you will come back and stay with us on your way back from Florida. We are going to get new granite vanities in about a month. I am so excited!

Reviewed January 9, 2014

My boyfriend and I have stayed here several times and always love it. The works are always so friendly and willing to help. The rooms are always clean and fresh, you would never know they allow pets. I love that they are a pet friendly hotel. This year made the second news years eve party we went to their it's great and worth the price. You can party drink and enjoy yourself along with meeting new people. Plus no worries about getting to your room you stay inside the hotel the whole time plus late check out. Oh the breakfast is awesome and the room is really big. They have a huge selection of hot and cold food. I always have a hard time picking what I wanna eat lol The breakfast room is always so inviting. Can't wait to stay again. Ive recommended several people stay here if they are ever in the area. Free WiFi in all rooms.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are less quieter. The back side has less Sun coming so it's nice if you wanna sleep...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Julie D
unflappable, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Conference Center South, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2014

I am so glad you got to spend the New Year's Eve with us!

We've been hosting a new year's eve party for years now and I think our regular guests, like yourself, know what to expect. I've always been fortunate that we've never had any "incidents" from the party. I hope you've recovered from all that fun and started with a new year happy and relaxed.

We so appreciate your business and hope to have you with us again on this New Year's Eve Party.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

We only stayed one night, reserved 3 rooms on a trip from Florida to Michigan. We arrived late and left fairly early. This property had a better than average hot breakfast, the only down side was that the eating area is quite small.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to post your comments.

I am sorry you didn't stay long enough to enjoy the indoor pool and hot tub. This time of the year, I think our indoor pool area is the most popular amenity our guests enjoy.

Our breakfast room seats 55 people! I am sorry that there wasn't enough space for you and your family. If you happen to come down during the busiest time, I am sure that you were not able to find 3 tables closely together. Next time you stay with us, ask our Breakfast Bar Attendant to open the Terrace for you. For a large party like yours, it is an ideal spot and you can have a little more privacy.

Again, thank you for your business. I hope you will come back and stay with us on your way back to Florida (I am so envious!).

Reviewed January 4, 2014

We were in town for our annual corporate Christmas Party and were thrilled to find this beautiful upscale hotel, complete with clean, up to date indoor pool and hot, fully functional whirlpool hot-tub, professional, helpful staff, full bar, exercise room, hot buffet breakfast, and free Wi-Fi. The room was spacious and clean and the location was within minutes of our favorite restaurants. This location is perfect for a Lexington stay - Convenient to the interstate, KY horse-park, shopping, dining, and downtown, without any of the downtown traffic and parking hassles, at less than half the downtown cost!! There is absolutely nothing missing from this hotel/spa in Lexington, KY!! We will definitely stay at this location for our future visits to the Lexington, KY area!!

Room Tip: You can select rooms near the pool & spa area or near the front desk, bar area - the Staff will...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

I am glad that your company's Christmas party went well.

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments. We try everyday to make sure our guests are completely satisfied with their stays, and comments like yours assure us that we are doing the right thing.

When you come back for your Christmas party this year, we will have completed our renovation. We will be replacing the bathroom tiles, install granite vanities, replace drapes, and re-finish the guestroom hallway. We can't wait to show you the improvement!