“Good value”

Clarion Hotel Lexington Conference Center
Ranked #43 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed September 29, 2013

May be a little far from Lexington downtown, it is worth the trip because it's cheaper, and it has a nice pool, good hot breakfast, a bar and grill, and it's very close to the Kentucky Horse Park and not far from Georgetown (20 minutes), where you can visit the historic downtown and the huge and impressive Toyota plant, on reservation.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
unflappable, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Lexington Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

I am so glad your stay was a pleasant one. I do agree with you that we offer the best value in Lexington. With the great price combined with free hot breakfast, free wireless internet, indoor and outdoor pools, and business center, I think we offer some of the nicest amenities.

I hope you had fun at the KY Horse Park. I've visited the park several times and I am always amazed how pretty this part of country is. I hope you will come back and see us soon.

There are newer reviews for Clarion Hotel Lexington Conference Center

Reviewed September 22, 2013

I felt the price was a little on the high side but I don't know the area. Room was great, breakfast had a large selection. They had some carpet pulled up in the hall where they were replacing it, but that did not bother me.

• Stayed: September 2013

Thank you for your nice comments!

I am sorry that you felt our price was high. Next time plan to stay with us, please give us a call and we will try to get you the best available rate possible.

We've been replacing the carpet in our public areas for the last two weeks. When dealing with contractors, I've learned that they "never, ever" meet the deadline. I am hoping we get everything finished by the end of this week.

Please come back and see us and let us know what you think of our new carpet!

Reviewed September 19, 2013

Stayed two lovely nights and was pleasantly surprised to the comfortable space for two. Close enough to get to the University yet far enough away that it was amazingly calm. Despite the fact I was tooo busy to swim in the pools, we were able to enjoy them and it was great to have outdoor space. thanks!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

I am glad you were able to enjoy the outdoor pool before it was closed for the season!

I know that our guests absolutely love the rooms with patio doors facing the courtyard. There is no other hotel in Lexington that offers the courtyard with outdoor pool, and I am glad you got to enjoy the space.

With us being only 8 miles from downtown, we get a lot guests like yourself who want to avoid the downtown traffic and stay with us. Even though we are located right off the interstate, guests are pleasantly surprised how quiet the hotel is.

We hope you will come back and stay with on your next visit to Lexington.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

At check-In we had many option. Where did we want our rooms, bed selection and so forth. It is a little out of the busy section of Lexington so we were worried about find a place to eat. When we asked they had suggestions and two had coupons. Breakfast was in a nice big room and plenty of food. It need to be watched closer because items were out.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to post your comments.

Please accept my apology for the items running out during breakfast. Our breakfast bar attendants usually do a great job and I am disappointed to hear that foods are not stocked properly. I will review your comments with our breakfast bar attendants and take steps to prevent this problem.

Again, thank you for staying with us. We greatly appreciate your business and hope that on your next stay, we do a better job on breakfast.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

This was a clean, comfortable place to stay. the staff was friendly and efficient. The room was clean, smelled nice and relaxing. The breakfast was great. There was something for everyone, including hot eggs, biscuits, toast and waffles. I would recommend this to anyone who would like a nice place to stay but is not overpriced.

Room Tip: try to get a room on the ground, facing the pool
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for staying with us taking the time to post your comments.

Guest like you always make my day. I am so glad your stay was a pleasant one and we were able to meet your needs. I just love it when we get it right.

Again, thank you so much for staying with us and for your nice comments. We hope you will come back and stay with us on your next visit to Lexington.

Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here last night on our way to Myrtle Beach. Rooms were spotless, good beds and pillows. Breakfast buffet was one of the best I've had in a hotel in a while. Easy on and off the expressway. Staff was very friendly. Tip: get a hotel discount book at a welcome center and the room rate is $69. Would absolutely stay again.

• Stayed: September 2013

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to post your comments.

I am glad your stay was a pleasant one and we were able to offer you our promotional rate. I do agree with you that we offer a great breakfast. With scrambled eggs, sausage, biscuits & gravy, yogurt, fresh fruits, and cereal, I think we have something for everyone.

I do hope you had a great vacation. Please come back and see us on your next trip to South Carolina!

Reviewed September 6, 2013

This was the half way point of our trip. We had my mother in law and two of our grandkids. We stayed at this hotel because it offered indoor pool, hot tub and a hot breakfast. It also is a chain that I have used for many nights before when traveling.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank uawr0b
unflappable, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Lexington Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to post your comments.

I hope your grandchildren enjoyed the indoor and outdoor pools. We are planning to close the outdoor pool next week for the season, and I am glad you were able to enjoy the pool before we closed it.

Our indoor pool and hot tub will remain open throughout the year from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. I hope you will come back with your grandchildren so they can enjoy the pool.

Again, thank you for staying with us. We look forward to welcoming you on your next visit.