My wife and i spent six nights here in October 2011 while visiting family nearby. We picked it for its price and the indoor pool facility. We've never seen a facility like this in a hotel, especially one in this price range. If you have children or are visiting grandchildren in the area, its a perfect place to bring them to swim and play games (especially when it's cold outside or there's bad weather). It has a pool, sauna (which was closed for repairs when we were there but they had noted that on the website when we made reservations), pool tables, bean bad throw, air hockey, video games, a small exercise room, tables and chairs to sit and play games and even a party room for birthdays. We got a good deal for a fair price.
- indoor recreation facility (indoor pool in addition to the outside pool)
- good price
- hot breakfast was very nice - eggs (real, not powdered or shaped like frisbees), meat (sausage, sometimes bacon), biscuits and breads, fruits, juices, cereal. They had do-it-yourself waffles but for some reason the waffle machines were closed on weekends (what's up with that?)
- open spaces to sit inside
- on site bar/grill although we never used it.
- low ceilings in the hall (7 feel, I am 6'8" so it was a close call)
- rooms were small but seemed updated although some little detail items seemed ragged (we saw 2 bugs and were immediately offered a new room but we decided to stay put. It would be wrong to nix this hotel because of this since there has been a lot of rain over the past few weeks and that could be part of the problem.)(Also, electrical appliances plugged into a multisocket strip that sat on the TV table in full view)
- the bed was hard for me but I never complained so losing sleep was my fault.
- the workout room was weak - a step machine, a stationary bike, a mini-nautilus machine, and two treadmills (the most modern one made extremely loud noises and you could barely hear the TV)
I'd come back because of the value but my wife was a little less impressed and would probably be willing to spend more for larger rooms and better decor.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Clarion Hotel Lexington Conference Center, conveniently located on I-75 and Exit 104, in the "Horse Capital of the World", offers an unbeatable value at an affordable price in the heart of Lexington, KY. Clarion Hotel Lexington Conference Center is only minutes away from the popular attractions like Keeneland, University of Kentucky, Rupp Arena, and the Kentucky Horse Park. Hamburg Pavilion with over 30 retail outlets and restaurants is only 4 miles away. Adesa, Overnite Transportation, Amazon, St. Joseph and Shriners Hospitals, Ashland Oil, and Kentucky Basketball Academy are less than 15 minutes from the hotel. Clarion Hotel Lexington Conference Center offers heated indoor pool, outdoor pool, whirlpool, business center, and fitness room. Parking and wireless internet access is always free, and guests will love the complimentary hot breakfast bar each morning included in the room rate. Murphy's Bar & Grill is open daily offering mouthwatering appetizers and some of the finest bourbons in KY. Clarion Hotel Lexington Conference Center is a perfect place to hold a business meetings, family reunions, or wedding receptions. Whether you are planning a small meeting of 20 people or a large reception for 300 people, our sales office and on-site catering service staff are ready to make your event a complete success. At Clarion Hotel Lexington Conference Center, we understand that your pets are a part of your family. That's why we offer pet friendly accommodations where you and your pets can feel right at home. We look forward to welcoming you soon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Choice Hotels, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Clarion Hotel Lexington Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Lexington Hotel Lexington
- Lexington Holiday Inn