“Many nice things and a few negatives”

Clarion Hotel Lexington Conference Center
Ranked #43 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 23, 2011

My wife and i spent six nights here in October 2011 while visiting family nearby. We picked it for its price and the indoor pool facility. We've never seen a facility like this in a hotel, especially one in this price range. If you have children or are visiting grandchildren in the area, its a perfect place to bring them to swim and play games (especially when it's cold outside or there's bad weather). It has a pool, sauna (which was closed for repairs when we were there but they had noted that on the website when we made reservations), pool tables, bean bad throw, air hockey, video games, a small exercise room, tables and chairs to sit and play games and even a party room for birthdays. We got a good deal for a fair price.

GOODS
- indoor recreation facility (indoor pool in addition to the outside pool)
- good price
- hot breakfast was very nice - eggs (real, not powdered or shaped like frisbees), meat (sausage, sometimes bacon), biscuits and breads, fruits, juices, cereal. They had do-it-yourself waffles but for some reason the waffle machines were closed on weekends (what's up with that?)
- open spaces to sit inside
- on site bar/grill although we never used it.

BADS-
- low ceilings in the hall (7 feel, I am 6'8" so it was a close call)
- rooms were small but seemed updated although some little detail items seemed ragged (we saw 2 bugs and were immediately offered a new room but we decided to stay put. It would be wrong to nix this hotel because of this since there has been a lot of rain over the past few weeks and that could be part of the problem.)(Also, electrical appliances plugged into a multisocket strip that sat on the TV table in full view)
- the bed was hard for me but I never complained so losing sleep was my fault.
- the workout room was weak - a step machine, a stationary bike, a mini-nautilus machine, and two treadmills (the most modern one made extremely loud noises and you could barely hear the TV)

I'd come back because of the value but my wife was a little less impressed and would probably be willing to spend more for larger rooms and better decor.

Room Tip: It's next to an interstate so you might ask to be away from that. We were interior (room 150) a...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank TallTVTraveller
unflappable, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Lexington Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2011

Dear TallTVTraveller,

Thank you for staying with us and for your comments. I will definitely share your comments with our staff (both good and bad).

I am sorry about the low ceiling. For a person as tall as you, I am sure you felt like the ceiling was pressing down on you. I hope you've stretched yourself out. As for the fitness equipment, I will look into purchasing new equipment next year.

I am glad you like our breakfast! We are pretty proud of the items we offer, and I am glad you enjoyed it.

We do appreciate your comments and hope you will come back and stay with us next time you are in Lexington.

Kim Thompson

There are newer reviews for Clarion Hotel Lexington Conference Center

Reviewed October 21, 2011

This is a big hotel and since we didn't know any thing about Lexington it was hard to pick a hotel and this was a 2nd choice 1st was sold out. The check in was easy and the directions to our room were good. But the advertisement for the room service was what it should have been. But the server was very nice. There isn't much in the area except a Waffle House which would be okay for some. Since we didn't come in from the I75 it was a hard find for us. But once there we were okay. The rooms are big and the hotel even bigger. There must have be a football game that weekend. They take pets which was what we were looking for. The check out was good and we had connecting rooms so the dogs could go back and forth after beening in the car all day. All in all it is a good hotel to stay very quiet which is nice after a long day on the road. Check out was easy and quick.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 15, 2011

Just off the I-75 easy to find and very quiet. Very welcoming the staff were cheerful and helpful. Check in and out was so easy the room was clean and comfortable. The hotel has a bar/snack bar this was an unexpected surprise and we were able to eat and have a drink without having to leave the hotel, the lady serving at the bar was chatty and friendly.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 8, 2011

This hotel was extremely nice. Indoor pool, huge game center, hot breakfast. Best of all, the staff was exteremly friendly. The gentleman who check us in was super nice. We were on our way to Gatlinburg and stopped for the night. I would highly recommend this hotel. The indoor pool could have been a little warmer. Otherwise great.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DaveL9876
Reviewed August 22, 2011

I am not much for hotels that cling to expressway exits with all the noise. But this is a wonderful exception! We were only here one night, the last night of a 9-day road trip and boy was it a great night. We wished we could have stayed longer. Although this is not a new hotel, it is really kept up well. The hotel is set up in a rectangle, which creates a center courtyard. I had asked for an interior first-floor room. I was delighted to find that this room had patio doors to the outside pool complex with chairs at my door for my own relaxation. The best part of all of this was that it was so quiet. It was hard to believe that I was right next to I-75. The hotel has a great, hot breakfast with eggs, sausage, waffles and cereal. It has a pub with a bar and appetizer-type food. Four exits down the road are two malls with every kind of food establishment you could want. It also has a workout room and an indoor pool. For all of this I paid a AAA price of $89...what are great deal!

Room Tip: Ask for interior first floor room that borders the pool
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank toelle
Reviewed August 19, 2011

We stayed at the BW on our cross country drive. We arrived pretty late at night and we were welcomed by a very nice front desk staff. We were traveling with our dog and they were very accomodating giving us a room that was well isolated so our dig was not a nuisance. The breakfast was great, as were the very friendly staff. The rooms were nice and the beds were very comfortable. My only complaint was that the bathroom was not spotless, which I'm kind of picky about. Overall a great value.

• Stayed: August 2011
2  Thank MelissaL81
Reviewed August 16, 2011

Sorry I didnt write this sooner but Im just not too much into computers. My wife and I needed some time togather and on a last minute went online to find a nice hotel with pool in Lexington on 7/23/2011.Turns out we were "duped" by a online hotel reservation maker that made me think I was making reservations through Bestwestern. After clearly stating it was for 1 night only this online company charged my card for 2 nights. i was also WAY overcharged.All this I discovered upon check-in.I guess to just sum this up the man and woman at the front desk bent over backwards, went way above and beyond anything they had to do, and gave my wife and I the BEST service from not only a hotel but any place we had ever visited. These people I must personally name they were Guy Monroe and Emilee Price. This hotel is a older BW but is very well maintained and clean. I will without a doubt visit again.Everyone I ment who worked there gave it 100% and turned it into a very great time. I would also like to thank the ladies who worked durning our check out. Beverly and Amanda you both have what it takes to make someone smile. Thank you too all!!!!!!

Room Tip: only reserve through BW
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple