“always a good experience with Doubletree.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Lexington

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Lexington
Ranked #3 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
High Springs, Florida
“always a good experience with Doubletree.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

My husband and I love this hotel. Every time that we can, we stay at a Doubletree. This wasn't an exception. We had to go to Kentucky for a wedding. The experience was amazing. Everybody is nice and professional, always ready to help us and always with a smile in the face. I will come back for sure.

Room Tip: stay in one of the rooms that will allow you to have an inside view. It's absolutely gorgeous!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Curdm, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Lexington, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
Thank you for the wonderful review and for choosing DoubleTree Suites by Hilton in Lexington. We are very pleased that you enjoyed the facility and your time with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Grand Blanc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

I have stayed at multiple hotels in the Lexington area - Come back quite often and don't even look any longer. I go right to the DoubleTree. Mainly because of their location, and super friendly Desk Staff (With BIG Smiles and always - a Fresh Cookie). Ro is always pleasant and always takes care of the bar area - And for me ... Eat in experience. Larry is always smiling and willing to help in whatever he can do. Thanks to all!!!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Curdm, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Lexington, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to submit your online review about your recent stay with us. Your patronage of our facility is greatly appreciated. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Charlotte NC, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

Nice hotel. Don't drink from the glasses. They were dirty in two seperate rooms I stayed in. They don't go to the kitchen. Aparently the cleaning staff wipes them down - poorly. Smudges and lipstick were found on mine. Nasty. A shame too because the rest of the room and hotel is very nice.

• 3 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and concerns about your recent stay with us. Our standing policy and practice is for housekeeping to process all used glassware through the kitchen dish machine. I will address this with housekeeping and again we appreciate the feedback. We hope to see you again soon.
Pewee Valley, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

I debated on the rating for this hotel. I give my share of 4 stars out of 5 for hotels that do well but have a few nagging issues that deserve a markdown. After reflecting on my stay from a few weeks ago, I honestly can't think of any issues. This hotel is excellent and I would highly recommend it.

The closest I can come to a complaint is the variable businesses you encounter as you get off the interstate and drive down to the hotel. I must have counted a dozen car lots, and some businesses that looked a bit beat down, mixed with sparkling suburban grocery stores and casual chain restaurants. But that's where the negative ends. The hotel itself is a bit of a jewel set off the street (I almost missed it). The plaza and immediate area are safe and clean. Starting with the front of the hotel and really hitting you with the atrium/lobby, the hotel looks upscale and polished. The French Quarter styling is clever and sets the Doubletree apart from comparably priced hotels.

Checking in was easy, the clerk was extremely friendly, and yes, I got a cookie. I asked if a free upgrade to an atrium suite was available, and she accommodated me without hesitation.

The suite room was wonderful. A sitting room with couch, TV, and small bar/mini-fridge led to a second room with bed, another TV, and a spacious bathroom complete with spa jets. (I tried this out on my second night; lovely.) From the bedroom I could open the doors to a "balcony" overlooking the atrium. Actually, there isn't room enough to sit outside the doors, but you can lean on the rail and gaze. The room was clean and well maintained by housekeeping during my two night stay. Wifi was free and plentiful. Bed was one of the more comfy ones I've slept in. I had the breakfast in the downstairs restaurant one of the mornings, and appreciated the chef who provides made to order omelets (and like every employee I encountered, friendly and helpful),

Some reviews mentioned noise from the atrium area being an issue. I didn't hear anyone or anything besides an occasional person in the hallway returning to their room, but in fairness I stayed on a Sunday and Monday and there were not tons of guests.

All in all, if I were to stay overnight in Lexington (especially if I attended an event at Rupp, only a few minutes away), I would definitely return to the Doubletree Hilton.

• 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for the wonderful and detailed review. We appreciate you choosing DoubleTree Suites by Hilton in Lexington and we hope you have the opportunity to return. I will share your comments with the team and thank you again.
Antioch, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

Stayed for few nights on business recently, nice hotel but nothing really noteworthy. The rooms are spacious, but the decor seems a little tired. The bar in the atrium is well stocked and convenient. The fitness center is spacious with 4 machines, workout area and a good size rack of free weights. Location is convenient and the Panera nearby is a plus. I would stay here again

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to submit your review about your recent stay with us. Your comments and feedback are greatly appreciated. It is great to read that you would stay here again if your travel plans bring you back to Lexington. Take care.
Lexington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Hidden hotel outside of town. Very spacious rooms and great breakfast every morning. The clerks always welcomed me upon my arrival. My room was always clean to my expectations and none of my personal belongings were tampered with.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to submit such a favorable review and for the wonderful comments. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us and we hope to see you again soon.
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

It is very conveniently located, just a few minutes from downtown. The room is clean and nice, the staff are very friendly. We were really happy with our stay. The staff at the front desk welcomed us with warm cookies and the check in was fast and easy. The bathroom is big and clean.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

1 Thank mikrayg
Curdm, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Lexington, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post such a wonderful review about your recent stay with us. As you stated we are very convenient to downtown Lexington and our staff members consistantly diliver excellent service. Thank you for choosing DoubleTree Suites by Hilton and we hope to see you again soon.