“Excellent service, but not 100% ADA compliant”

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Lexington
Ranked #6 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Hollywood, Florida
“Excellent service, but not 100% ADA compliant”
Reviewed December 24, 2013

I stayed at this hotel 4 days a week for about 3 months on a project. The hotel is close to plenty of excellent restaurants and fairly close to downtown. The staff went out of their way to remember me as well as the others on my project team. I might have rated this hotel five stars but one thing stood in the way. The closed captions worked for some but did not work on all the television stations that were required to have it. The staff at first were attentive to my situation. It was discovered that the issue was with BULK TV. Unfortunately, nothing was resolved by the time I finished my last stay there. I am a part time advocate for the deaf and hard of hearing so I am disappointed.

I was lazy this project and never used the workout room so I cannot comment on this. :) The Restaurant Breakfast staff were great. They got to know us and our eating habits so eating breakfast was always a pleasure. One of the cooks at the omelet station even had my eggs over ready for me without my asking!

Each room had a Jacuzzi but never tried it. But it sure was tempting. Otherwise the room was perfect for all my needs.

Room Tip: There are no good views unless you consider a view of the lobby good. I requested an outside view a...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Curdm, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Lexington, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
Thank you for the favorable ratings and for the many compliments. I will share them with the team. Prior to your departure we were able to re-adjust the programming line-up to ensure the programming you preferred was CC capable. I am sorry that this was not effectively communicated to you. We enjoyed your time with us and we hope that a future project will bring you back. Please know that if this is the case we have the CC situation resolved. Take care and thank you again for the thoughtful and informative feedback.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed December 21, 2013

This motel is nice, clean and has friendly staff. Because it is old, there are eccentricities. The bathroom has no heater or exhaust fan, so you have to bump up the heat in the entire suite. The jacuzzi looks nice, but in a cold bathroom, I was not tempted due to cold bathroom. I slipped in the bathtub due to nothing in the tub to prevent this. The fitness room is nice with good equipment. A very nice staff member (American, English speaking) brought us pillows that were not down due to allergy and also a button repair kit. Husband asked her if the breakfast in the morning was complimentary and she replied "yes." So, when I went down to eat, I was very surprised when the staff brought me a $14 ticket for one person.
Husband then called front desk and they said, no, the breakfast is not complimentary. This is ridiculous. . I would have rated the motel higher if not for the discrepancy. Overall, it is convenient to where we had to be but situated in a busy shopping center. I would stay here for convenience, but not just passing through.

Room Tip: Just be careful, the motel is old, so you have to hunt for light switches in the bath, and no heater...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Curdm, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Lexington, responded to this review, December 24, 2013
Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us. I am sorry for the miscommunication on breakfast. We do offer complimentary breakfast for our Hilton Honors Members which may be where the confusion came from. I will be sure to share your comments with the staff so that they may be better informed. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope to see you again soon.
jonesborough, United States
Reviewed December 4, 2013

I was so impressed with our stay here, everyone was so nice. Especially loved the bar area. Made you get in the Holiday mood for sure. The breakfast was good. The room was great. Loved the king size bed a jacuzzi in the bathroom.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Curdm, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Lexington, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Thank you so much for the wonderful review and the favorable comments. We appreciate your patronage and your loyalty as a Hilton Honors member. We hope to see you again soon and thank you for choosing the DoubleTree Suites Lexington.
Lexington, KY, United States
Reviewed December 3, 2013

We have stayed here before and were very pleased both times. We arrived on a cold Wednesday evening. My grandson did slip on ice on the back sidewalk and severely bruised his knee. Thought you might want to be sure that the sidewalks are salted down.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Curdm, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Lexington, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Thank you for the wonderful ratings of your previous stay with us and for the feedback. I am sorry about your grandson's fall. Please reach out to me if there is anything additionally we can do. As you pointed out Keeping the sidewalks salted during snowy conditions is very important and a practice we have in place.
Mike Curd
mike.curd@hilton.com
otispark
Reviewed November 30, 2013

We spent 2 nights in this clean and quiet hotel. However, we did experience a few things that kept the stay from being perfect. When we shared our concerns with management upon our departure, they very generously and graciously provided a very adequate compensation.
Because of these actions and attitudes we will certainly return to this hotel and recommend it to others.

Room Tip: I think specifying a room with a walkout balcony facing the lobby/foyer would be nice.
Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Curdm, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Lexington, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Thank you for the favorable ratings and again thank you for giving us the opportunity to makes things right. Your feedback was very valuable and provided us with a great opening for an effective teaching moment with the team. We are thrilled that we may see you again! Happy Holidays.
Elkton, United States
Reviewed November 26, 2013

My son has been in Lexington for four years in college and this is the first time I have stayed at this hotel. It was very nice and in an excellent location close to everything! The hotel is beautiful and the staff very friendly and helpful. The whirlpool tub is to die for!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Curdm, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Lexington, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
Thank you for the wonderful review of your recent stay at the DoubleTree Suites by Hilton in Lexington. The jetted tubs are a big hit with our guests and as you pointed out you found them enjoyable as well. Thank you for choosing DoubleTree and we hope to see you again soon!
Buhl, United States
Reviewed November 26, 2013

Very nice place. The staff was very nice and helpful. I arrived very late and had an early start. The staff even went out of their way to run out and get something to eat as the hotel restaurant had closed.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Curdm, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Lexington, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Thank you for the very favorable ratings and review. I will commend the team for a job well done. We hope to see you again soon and thank you for choosing DoubleTree Suites by Hilton, Lexington. We wish you and your family a very happy Thanksgiving and holiday season.