“Not my best experience at this hotel”

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Lexington
Ranked #6 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Scott Depot, United States
“Not my best experience at this hotel”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel a few times for hospital visits. Usually it is clean, professional, well kept and the check-in process takes just a couple of minutes. This visit was completely different. My check in took fifteen minutes. Most of which they were trying to find me a room (Yes I had a reservation) Then they had to call to see if the room was clean. Finally another lady took over and gave us a room. This room was clean, but needed several repairs and even had wallpaper hanging off the wall in the sitting area. I was very disappointed.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

jasonnaper, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Lexington, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
We appreciate the insight you provided regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I understand from your review that you were not entirely satisfied with your visit and we came up short of delivering a hospitality experience consistent with your expectations. Please be assured that your review will be taken into consideration so that we may improve our guests’ in-property experience. We appreciate your business and sincerely apologize that we did not provide you with the level of quality you anticipated.

Again, thank you very much for your review and we sincerely hope that you will provide us a future opportunity to regain your confidence while visiting our hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
Conover, North Carolina
Reviewed July 1, 2013

For all my previous trips to Lexington, I had stayed at another Hilton location, but had heard about the Doubletree Suites and wanted to try it and since the prices were a little more "friendly", I decided to stay there. It is a lovely hotel....very large bathroom which I loved! The little balconey outside the room that overlooks the inside of the hotel is great! The outdoor pool was great for relaxing and reading in the evening! The location of the hotel is very convenient and I liked it so much that I went ahead and made a reservation for my trip in October!

Room Tip: Choose a room with the inside balconey.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
lexrrdt, Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Lexington, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. We look forward to your return when you travel to Lexington. Thank you for staying with us and for your loyalty to our Hilton family.
Apple Valley, United States
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I booked the Government Bed and Breakfast rate with this hotel, which according to the web site: "Save 15% off Bed & Breakfast Rate. Includes breakfast for up to 2 adults and 2 children ages 12 and under each night of stay. Valid Government or Military ID required at check in. Rate valid for leisure stays and not official Government or Military travel." Upon check-in, I was only given a breakfast ticket for the adult breakfast for the first night of our stay. When I explained to the front desk that our rate included breakfast for two adults AND two children, he said it did not. But he wrote out a coupon for the 2 child breakfast for the first morning of our stay. The next morning, we went down to the front desk and spoke to a woman about the rate we had booked and how we had not received breakfast coupons for the second morning of our stay. She took away the child breakfast coupon we received the night before and gave us an adult breakfast coupon for the second morning of our stay. When I explained to her that we booked the rate that included breakfast (as copied from the web site above), she said that we had not. I tried to use the business center to print out the reservation details, but I needed some sort of code to print. The entire experience was extremely upsetting for our family. We had booked the higher rate with the understanding that it would include breakfast for our family. We should not have had to argue with the front desk over breakfast coupons that should have been included in our rate.

1 Thank Ann Marie C
jasonnaper, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Lexington, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
I am very sorry your stay with us was not as excellent as I would have hoped. There seems to have been some confusion with how your reservation was booked. I reported this booking issue with our reservations department in hopes this will resolve any repeat booking issues.
lexington, United States
Reviewed June 28, 2013

its ok as far as looks but, dont let that fool you!plus the pricing is outrageous and you have to reserve the room a day early and then the guest dont check out until 4pm the next day so your standing around waiting to get in the hotel. And the rooms have no microwaves and the windows are small.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

jasonnaper, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Lexington, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Thank you for your review. I understand that you were dissatisfied with our prices and that you found them to be too expensive. I sincerely apologize for this and assure you that we do all we can to create a great experience for each one of our guests. We are actively looking for ways keep costs low and offer enhanced services for your comfort and convenience and will definitely keep you review in mind.

Again, I do thank you for your review and sincerely apologize for any inconveniences you may have gone through. I hope that the next time you are in the area, please consider staying with us at again.
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina

Family trip
Breakfast was great, waitress recognized my family from last year and the Chef makes an incredible made to order omelet.
Room extremely clean and comfortable.
Front desk helpful with several requests, (lost my door key and had a microwave delivered)
Will stay again next year!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
lexrrdt, Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Lexington, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Kalamazoo, Michigan
Reviewed June 26, 2013

While staying at the Double Tree Suites Lexington for two nights recently, I was extremely satisfied with my experience and the outstanding customer service I received. The hotel location was convenient with easy highway access and there was a wide-range of shopping & dining choices for all ages close by. We stayed in a honeymoon suite featuring an ample, yet practical, two-room floor plan that was great for relaxing and entertaining without feeling cramped. While at first I was a bit put-off by the whirlpool bathtub in a corner of the bedroom, after spending a luxurious hour in the immaculate whirlpool tub with lots of pre-supplied towels, a nearby flat-screen TV, and no shortage of hot water, I changed my now tranquil mind! In addition to a stand-up shower & bidet, the large bathroom had a spacious double-door closet in the long hallway that served as an excellent “dressing room.” Other perks included warm cookies upon arrival, a 2-cup coffee/tea brewing machine, convenient bar sink in the living area and clean, comfortable sleeping accommodations. The only thing missing was a full-length mirror; however there was one in the lobby ladies restroom. Upon departure, we were granted a late check-out time which was helpful, however I overlooked packing my iPad. After contacting the hotel and explaining the matter, I was contacted by the General Manager, Jason Naper. Mr. Naper personally located the iPad in a prompt, efficient manner, as well as generously shipped it to me. I was highly impressed by the personal initiative and regard for my situation, as well as grateful! This situation was a true display of the safe, secure environment of the hotel and the well-managed housekeeping procedures & staff. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Would recommend a room overlooking the stylish, secluded pool, as there is no noise disruption, even...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
jasonnaper, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Lexington, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Thank you very much for your review of our property. It is our teams privilage and honor to provide our guests with an excellent visit while in Lexington. Its our goal to exceed your expectations as much as possible, and make you feel like you are at home and part of our family. We are here for you, and look forward to seeing you again soon.
Columbus, Indiana
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Very nice place, Very nice staff, Room was beautifully decorated, very clean, nice pool. Restaurant had good food. All around nice place. Close to Restaurants and shopping. Great Rate for Beautiful and comfortable room.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your review.