“Superior Service, Safety & Standards”

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Lexington
Ranked #6 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Kalamazoo, Michigan
“Superior Service, Safety & Standards”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

While staying at the Double Tree Suites Lexington for two nights recently, I was extremely satisfied with my experience and the outstanding customer service I received. The hotel location was convenient with easy highway access and there was a wide-range of shopping & dining choices for all ages close by. We stayed in a honeymoon suite featuring an ample, yet practical, two-room floor plan that was great for relaxing and entertaining without feeling cramped. While at first I was a bit put-off by the whirlpool bathtub in a corner of the bedroom, after spending a luxurious hour in the immaculate whirlpool tub with lots of pre-supplied towels, a nearby flat-screen TV, and no shortage of hot water, I changed my now tranquil mind! In addition to a stand-up shower & bidet, the large bathroom had a spacious double-door closet in the long hallway that served as an excellent “dressing room.” Other perks included warm cookies upon arrival, a 2-cup coffee/tea brewing machine, convenient bar sink in the living area and clean, comfortable sleeping accommodations. The only thing missing was a full-length mirror; however there was one in the lobby ladies restroom. Upon departure, we were granted a late check-out time which was helpful, however I overlooked packing my iPad. After contacting the hotel and explaining the matter, I was contacted by the General Manager, Jason Naper. Mr. Naper personally located the iPad in a prompt, efficient manner, as well as generously shipped it to me. I was highly impressed by the personal initiative and regard for my situation, as well as grateful! This situation was a true display of the safe, secure environment of the hotel and the well-managed housekeeping procedures & staff. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Would recommend a room overlooking the stylish, secluded pool, as there is no noise disruption, even...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
jasonnaper, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Lexington, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Thank you very much for your review of our property. It is our teams privilage and honor to provide our guests with an excellent visit while in Lexington. Its our goal to exceed your expectations as much as possible, and make you feel like you are at home and part of our family. We are here for you, and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
Columbus, Indiana
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Very nice place, Very nice staff, Room was beautifully decorated, very clean, nice pool. Restaurant had good food. All around nice place. Close to Restaurants and shopping. Great Rate for Beautiful and comfortable room.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

lexrrdt, Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Lexington, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Thank you for your review.
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I got this hotel on a deal thru hotels.com for $76. I really was expecting the worst. This is a very nice hotel. We came in late and tired. The hotel has an indoor area with the rooms having balconies looking onto the indoor courtyard. We checked in and were given warm chocolate chip cookies. The room on the fourth floor was extremely spacious. The tub was massive and had jets. The only complaints I had were the air had to be set on 60 to cool the room to 73 and the decor is a little old and could you use updating but it was a great value.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
lexrrdt, Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Lexington, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. Thank you for staying with us.
Reviewed June 25, 2013

The associates at the front desk were committed to excellent service through their prompt and efficient check in procedure. We asked for information on a local park where we could exercise our dog and were given an immediate answer and print out directions. The morning restaurant staff was friendly and attentive. The breakfast was delicious and had a wide variety of fresh fruit, an omelette station, pancakes, and other hot dishes. Terrific experience!

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank VirginiaAmy
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. We look forward to your return when you travel to Lexington. Thank you for staying with us.
new albany, United States
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Nice clean place to stay not far from downtown lexington. Walking distance to Panera and other stores/dining. Great service and nice pool. A/C unit a little noisy and bathroom is different with the giant tub. I would stay again.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your review.
lake quivira, ks
Reviewed June 21, 2013

My nieces and I stayed at this hotel on June 11, 2013. We were heading to Disney World the next day and wanted to get an early start as we were going to drive all the way to Orlando. When we checked out of the hotel at 5:30 am, it was raining heavily. I left our bags and my nieces under the portico and went to get the car. Once I had retrieved our car, the girls rolled their bags over to the trunk and I loaded them while they stumbled sleepily into the car. Due to the driving rain, I didn't look at my phone for messages until we stopped for breakfast three hours later. I found a message, telling me an employee had found my bags where I had left them. Because I had booked through a third party, they didn't have a phone number on file for me. However, an employee used my Ipad to find my email address so I could be contacted. Items that I left behind included a laptop, a brand new Ipad, a Kindle, all of the chargers, toiletries, an expensive leather carry bag and assorted other things. I called the hotel and they immediately agreed to keep the items so I could pick them up on my way home. They were also willing to mail them to me if I so desired. I was so impressed by the efforts made to reunite me with my possessions. I had excellent response from the manager as well. While the room was lovely and the facilities very nice, what will always stand out in my mind is the care that was taken to return my belongings to me.

Room Tip: I booked a queen suite with an exterior view. Upon arrival, I noticed that the rooms with interior...
1 Thank vicky0708
lexrrdt, Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Lexington, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Thank you for your review. I'm glade we were able to take care of you items left behind.
Raleigh, United States
Reviewed June 19, 2013

The bathroom was not clean and had black mold around the shower. When I informed the front desk... they responded positively and said they would have it looked at. Unfortunately I checked out and did not see the results The food is great but the attitude of the server is VERY bad!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

jasonnaper, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Lexington, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Thank you for bringing this to my attention. The bathtub grout separated in this jacuzzi bathtub that I had maintenance replace. We take a lot of pride in the quality we provide to our guest experience and your opinion matters to me.
Our service at this hotel is usually top notch, I will make sure your comment is used to help us all grow to be even better so we can exceed your expectations in the future.