“Love DoubleTree”

Ranked #6 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Owingsville, Kentucky
“Love DoubleTree”
Reviewed November 16, 2012

My parents recommended this hotel to my husband and I. They use to spend anniversaries at the DoubleTree and reserved a night for us on our first anniversary, just to get away. We love it!! It's clean, very nice and cozy. The staff is always very friendly and helpful. The cookies at check-in are always a bonus as well. We recently stayed a night at the DoubleTree Suites for my husbands birthday. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
lexrrdt, Director of Sales at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Lexington, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Thank you for your review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
liberty112
Reviewed November 13, 2012

We stayed a week at the DoubleTree Suites in Lexington in October 2012. My husband was there for business and I tagged along for some relaxation & exploration.

The desk staff was ALWAYS friendly and nearly always said hello with a smile as I walked out or to the elevator. There were some employees that would walk out of the office near the elevator that could have been a bit more friendly as I seemed to always return to the hotel as they were getting off of work and leaving.

The room we had was nice and cleaned well each day. We didn't use the big tub, but it certainly was big enough for 2 people if you wanted to enjoy it. The inside courtyard area is super cute and definitely a unique feature to this hotel. We heard it may get a little "loud" in the evenings if your room borders this area so we asked for a room that didn't open up to the courtyard. We didn't hear a peep at anytime during our stay from any direction!

I tried to eat at the restaraunt for breakfast the first morning we were there but I couldn't find any waitstaff or figure out how it worked. I sat for a few minutes in the couches past the gate waiting for someone who looked like they worked there to help. There were 3 staff members that were caught up in talking about "furniture changes" that seemed oblivious to me. 2 were probably traveling coorprate manager type people and I think one of them was actually someone who was working in the restaurant. I gave up after being ignored and headed across the street to Bob Evans and split the breakfasts the rest of the week between Bob Evans and the Sonic that is just a very short block walk away from this hotel.

Parking is close to the hotel, I did see a few sketchy people hanging around the backside of the hotel near the pool and other office buildings down the small hill but I always felt safe.

The location is great. There are restaraunts nearby if you are walking and if you are driving it is just a short drive to the major highways to get around town or on the outskirts. There are a few shops right next to the hotel also- a cute upscale consignment shop, a UK sports clothing shop, a tanning place, and a fancy dress place. Not very far up the road is a large Kroger store with groceries and "buy by the bottle" beer & wine coolers. Loved that as we were able to test out some local brews.

I would definitely return to this hotel with no worries and would recommend it to anyone traveling for business or leisure.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
lexrrdt, Director of Sales at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Lexington, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Thank you for your review. I truly regret that our resturant staff was not available to seat you. We will follow up with our team to ensure such a situation does not happen again.
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed November 12, 2012

My husband and I checked into the DoubleTree after refusing to stay at another area hotel we had booked online. I was a little panicky that we might not be able to find another reservation on short notice, but had no problem booking a room here.

From the warm cookie at check-in to the spacious & very clean room to the embroidered "Sweet Dreams" pillow on the very comfy bed - I felt pampered the entire stay. The staff is friendly & helpful. Make sure to stop by the Carousel bar in the lobby for a drink and great service.

Tip: Purchase breakfast when reserving your room to save money. It is buffet-style, with made-to-order waffles and omelets and only about $7/person if you purchase ahead of time.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
lexrrdt, Director of Sales at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Lexington, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Thank you for your Excellent review, we hope to see you back soon. Your warm DoubleTree cookie will be ready when you check in.
Reviewed November 11, 2012

The staff are very efficient and pleasant. The room was spacious and clean. The location was perfect for flexibility between downtown, airport and the University. I would easily recommend this hotel to friends and family.

• Stayed November 2012
lexrrdt, Director of Sales at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Lexington, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Thank you for your Excellent review of our hotel.
Corbin, Kentucky, United States
Reviewed November 9, 2012

My wife and I chose this hotel as the place to spend our 30th anniversary. It was the all around best hotel we have ever stayed in. Service was great, from making reservations to check out. My wife loved the beds. Slept 12 hours straight. We are thinking about making this our home a way from home about once a month.

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony room over looking the Attrium.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review of our hotel and Happy Anniversary!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I stayed here for a week in July while working a tennis tournament in Lexington. The hotel was fine, and the staff was very helpful, especially the day manager.

I will definitely stay there again next summer.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
lexrrdt, Director of Sales at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Lexington, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Thank you for your review of our hotel and staff.
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I was in Lexington for work purposes and was orignially going to stay at the Double Tree Suites for a week and then transfer to another Hotel in Lexington for the following week.

When I arrived at the properity Linda Dukes the front desk clerk. Said to me when I gave her my ID MS. Gaither I have been waiting for you to arrive. That made me feel so welcomed and I knew at that moment I was going to ask my Boss if I could just stay at the Double Tree for the entire two weeks.

I got to my room and I knew for sure I was staying at the Double Tree Suites for two weeks. Most Hotel rooms are all the same, but not my room at the Double Tree Suties, when I got in my room it was clean and fresh and it felt very homely. I convinced my Boss to let me stay at the Double Tree Suites in Lexington, KY for the next two weeks and it has been fabulous.

The General Manager Jason even sent me an e-mail asking how my stay was that made me feel even more special.

Awesome Properity. I will be staying at the Double Tree when ever I'm in Lexington.

Room Tip: The suites facing Richmond Road are very nice.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
jasonnaper, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Lexington, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
I want to thank you for your kind review of our property. It makes me very proud that we can offer you an excellent home away from home. I will make sure your comments are relayed to my staff. We are all here for you when you need us.