“Charming and Unique”

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Lexington
Ranked #6 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Reviewed May 21, 2012

I've stayed at the Double Tree in Lexington twice, and I've enjoyed their beautiful, upscale rooms with whirl pool. The entire hotel is unique and gorgeous; the 5-story open atrium really makes it an original. The beds are excellent. The food is good. The wine is good. The service is friendly. Just be aware that you get what you pay for, so you will be paying a lot for your Double Tree experience.

Room Tip: My most recent room was a king suite with a balcony overlooking the atrium---I loved it. In my previ...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Amanda R
Vinny2601, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Lexington, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2012

The DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Lexington is always striving to create a joyful and relaxing experience for all of our guests. It is apparent after reading your review that we succeeded in our endeavor. Thank you for your business

Write a ReviewReviews (1,090)

Reviewed May 15, 2012

We were very excited to stay in this hotel on May 12th during a soccer tournament. We booked the room through Expedia for a suite with a fold out couch for our family of 6. Upon arrival, we were informed that the rooms we booked on Expedia were not the rooms that were actually booked. The staff informed us that they had extra rooms available and would "upgrade" us to the rooms we were told we would be getting for no extra charge. However, upon arriving home, I discovered an extra $50 charge on my card for the "free" upgrade.

For the price we paid for this room, I felt it was overrated. While it was nice enough, it was very small. I have booked houses in Orlando and 1,500 square foot condos on the beach for much less than what we paid for this room and it was barely big enough to squeeze the 6 of us into.

There were only a couple of bath towels in the room that fits 6 people. We ended up using hand towels to dry off.

If you like to get a good value for your money and like to know what you are getting when you make a purchase, do not book this hotel through Expedia. Actually, we would never stay here again after being charged more than we should have been. What a rip off. I only gave it two stars because it was a nice facility.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 10, 2012

Nice hotel. Good food options within walking distance. Rooms are laid out very nice with a “living room” set up with desk, couch, chair and tv. Bedroom had tv also, so viewing options were to our own taste. Staff was excellent and the bar was not overpriced. We stayed here for the derby to escape the craziness and costs of Louisville. Bed was very soft with little to no firmness.

Room Tip: Try the Columbia Steakhouse and their Nighthawk Special. Its located just past the Waffle House. Abo...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank captaincomment
Vinny2601, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Lexington, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2012

Thank you for Staying with us, we are happy to make your stay EXCELLENT!

Reviewed May 5, 2012

The friendliness of the managers that checked us in was second to none. From the warm cookies at check in to the time we checked out (with one phone call), every aspect was top notch. Apparently there was some kind of issue with one of the rooms in the hotel and they went beyond expectations in making our stay comfortable. I could not ask for more from a hotel experience. The lobby is gorgeous, the breakfast delicious.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank HeartoftheBluegrass

We are so excited to help make your stay with us EXCELLENT!!

Reviewed May 3, 2012

This hotel is the Best hotel i have ever stayed at. They give you cookies when you check in and i thought that was pretty awesome, and they were warm too. The rooms are great especially the bathroom tub. Loved it!!! I would recommind everyone to stay at the Double Tree Hotel..

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your Excellent Comments we appreciate your business.

Reviewed April 24, 2012

I have been staying at this hotel for years because I love the location, the staff and the rooms. Continuous care is given under the leadership of GM Vinny Bucci to improve upon the quality of the physical plant as well as the cohesiveness of the staff. Whereas I certainly miss long-time front desk employee Peter, I am grateful that other long-timers like Cheryl and Larry are still there. They, along with Linda and Sara sure do make a weary road warrior feel welcomed and cared for. Their professionalism gets things done and their kindness and warm humor quickly establishes rapport with their guests. I truly feel like I am being welcomed by friends when I walk through the doors. New folks on staff seem to be catching on quickly to the flow and demeanor of the place as well. Any question you have, or concern you experience will be promptly and properly addressed by these folks. The suites themselves are comfortable and well-equipped with spacious whirlpool tubs, large windows to let in the light, plenty of seating, small fridge and the usual basic hotel room items. The outdoor pool is of decent size, always clean, and has adequate chairs out on the decking.( I can't wait until it is open for the season.) Food in the restaurant is better than most hotels of this class, and room service is rapid. Small fitness center, business center and sundry shop are open 24/7. There is a gazebo bar inside a very spacious lobby and, overall, this hotel feels very open and airy. Many conferences are held here, as well as weddings, etc. Since it is an atrium lobby and many suites have double doors or balconies opening over the lobby, it is easy to see the activity below. I have witnessed quality productions and food service thru the years at these events. If ever given the opportunity to produce an event in Lexington again, this hotel would be my top choice of venue. Kudos to Mr. Bucci and all of his friendly, helpful, and professional staff members for jobs consistently done well.

Room Tip: Some rooms have interior balconies and others have french doors overlooking the atrium. The back sid...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Vinny2601, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Lexington, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2012

The DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Lexington is always striving to create a joyful and relaxing experience for all of our guests. It is apparent after reading your review that we succeeded in our endeavor. Our mission at the DoubleTree Suites Lexington is to deliver excellent hospitality. Thank you for your comments we appreciate your business.

Reviewed April 23, 2012

I recently stayed at the DoubleTree for a great weekend of Keeneland. I recently moved to Florida from Lexington and this stay was my first trip back since moving. Once I walked in I remembered why I miss Lexington and that is because of the warm southern hospitality. From the moment I walked in I was greeted by Larry the concierge/bellman/shuttle driver. He was very accomodating and friendly. My room wasn't ready(I tried to check in early at 10am. No big deal. I didn't expect to check in that early, but wanted to at least drop off my bags before heading to Keeneland). Larry then shuttled me and a friend to our destination and was very professional and insightful with restaurant suggestions. After a great day at Keeneland, I went to check in and was greeted by a young gentleman by the name of Murrel. He was also very welcoming, accomodating, and really made you feel at home. The suite was very clean, comfortable, and exceeded our expecations! You can tell that the housekeeping has a great leader in charge from how clean and fresh our room was. I always check the small things(i.e.-water spots on drinking glasses,finger prints,etc) and our room was spotless.The location may seem out of the way, but you're only 5-10 minutes from everywhere in town. Overall, I would definitely recommend the DoubleTree to any guest visiting Lexington. Great staff, great suite, great hotel, what more could you ask for???

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Vinny2601, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Lexington, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2012