“Great Experience and Value”

Clarion Hotel Lexington Conference Center North
Ranked #25 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Chicago, IL
“Great Experience and Value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2011

I travel three weeks a month and stay in hotels over 200 nights a year. I prefer Hampton Inns when they are close to my destination work. On this trip the Clarion was very convenient and looked inviting from the expressway. The price was right at just under $100 and that included a free hot buffet breakfast that was excellent. The staff is top notch and the room amenities were just as good as any Hampton I've ever stayed at. The other surprise was the quality of the food. It is usually nothing to write home about at a mid market hotel but these folks are on their game. I stayed three nights and ate several meals including room service. Everything I had was reasonably priced and great quality. This hotel is a winner...they have earned my business for the long term.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Richmond, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2011

My family and I stayed at Clarion for New Year's Eve. My boys were able to enjoy the fun dome. They swam, played basketball, and videogames. The rooms had be renovated and made for a great night's sleep. My husband and I went for the party where there were plenty of choices in entertainment. We were able to celebrate the ending of 2010 and the beginning of 2011 with family and friends. What a great tradition that will continue for years to come.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Cincinnati
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2010

I stayed at this motel in 2008 and wote a favorable review. I returned earlier this month and this motel has really gone downhill. Walls in room ( faux stucco) were stained and pealing. The plastic black-out cutains were filthy. The room had fewer lamps and was too dark, probably to hide the dirt. The tub wasn't clean. Several of my colleagues asked to change rooms, and were moved to rooms that were marginally better. Restaurant had limited menu, food was heavy southern-style. The man at the front desk was cranky and abrupt. The woman at the front desk on the next day was pleasant. The person who scheduled the conference here received a lot of complaints. Never again!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Paducah, Kentucky
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2010

My wife and I stayed in this absolute dump in Lexington. Upon arrival, the TV did not work properly, then the wifi did not work, the wallpaper was stained and peeling, the sink was cracked. I called the front desk three times about the TV and wifi (was given another number to call for the wifi provider) and then called Priceline customer service and the only option I was given was to give up the room and get a refund, no assistance at finding another room. There was a UK basketball game that night and a UK football game the next morning; little chance of finding a room in town. My family has used Priceline exclusively for years - I will never use Priceline again. This hotel should rent by the hour!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Naperville, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2010

We were traveling from NC to IL and needed to stay overnight. We used the AAA TourBook rating to choose this hotel before reaching Lexington, KY. When we talked to the front desk over the phone, the original rate was $140, but they were willing to give us a discount to $115 if we made the reservation when we got to the hotel.

When we got to the hotel, the outside looked decent, and the front desk gave us another discount to $99 when we made the reservation.

After staying in the room for 1/2 hour, we had to leave because something in the room made me break out in hives. There were cracks in the ceiling and the room looked like it hadn't been thoroughly cleaned in a while. There were black greasy marks on the drapes, some kind of spatter on the ceiling, wallpaper was bubbled up or peeling from the walls. The door to the outside needed a hotel key, but the door didn't close for a full minute, so anyone that was waiting outside could have slipped in unnoticed. The only decent attribute to this room was the memory foam mattress.

I have never checked out of a hotel early because I feel really guilty, but I didn't feel safe or comfortable staying here. I have already filed a complaint with AAA regarding their rating information in their TourBook.

The hotel staff were very accomodating and were willing to give me my money back, but that doesn't compensate for the discusting accomodations.

I wish I had thought to take photos to share with others. I was more concerned about my health and safety. Hope this review helps others.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Versailles, Kentucky
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2010

Had 3 rooms reserved for 1 night at $169/night. When I made reservations, I asked if check in was 3 pm and check out 4 pm and was told yes. However upon arrival at 3, I was told check in was 4 pm and no rooms available yet. By 4 pm, the lobby had about 50 people in it ALL waiting for rooms. Since we got there at 3 we got all checked in by a little after 4 pm.

As we waited, we walked around and saw 4 housekeeping staff at different times on smoke breaks, talking in the hall etc. Certainly not trying to get room cleaned. 2 of the room were OK but not great. The one Smoking Room was a disaster. No microwave/refrig as advertised. No Temperpedic mattress as promised either. No room service menu and the phone didn't work right. There was burn holes in the carpet and furniture and a cig. butt and candy wrapper behind the night stand! The real shocker was when we shut the door to the room, it was DUCT-TAPED TO SEAL IT! Yep that is what I said.

The only good thing was the food both in room and in restuarant. Also, one of the clerks later told me that CLARION is taking over by next year some time. I wouldn't stay until that happens.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
Columbia, South Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2010

The Holiday Inn North is an older hotel. We paid $125 per night and felt it was way overpriced especially for being 5 miles from downtown and on the interstate. The rooms were kind of run down with dated furniture and cheap carpet, the televisions were old and did not have a good picture. The bathroom was also old and the amenities were very limited and generic. However they had good towels! I have stayed at some of the newer Holiday Inn’s and they seem to have higher standards than the older one. Not a good hotel for the price, its more of a $75 type hotel max. I wish we would have stayed at a Holiday Inn Express instead, probably would have been better for the money we paid. I am a priority club member so I stay at a lot of IHG properties.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple