“Something for everyone!”

Clarion Hotel Conference Center North
Ranked #24 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Reviewed January 12, 2011

My family and I stayed at Clarion for New Year's Eve. My boys were able to enjoy the fun dome. They swam, played basketball, and videogames. The rooms had be renovated and made for a great night's sleep. My husband and I went for the party where there were plenty of choices in entertainment. We were able to celebrate the ending of 2010 and the beginning of 2011 with family and friends. What a great tradition that will continue for years to come.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed December 31, 2010

I stayed at this motel in 2008 and wote a favorable review. I returned earlier this month and this motel has really gone downhill. Walls in room ( faux stucco) were stained and pealing. The plastic black-out cutains were filthy. The room had fewer lamps and was too dark, probably to hide the dirt. The tub wasn't clean. Several of my colleagues asked to change rooms, and were moved to rooms that were marginally better. Restaurant had limited menu, food was heavy southern-style. The man at the front desk was cranky and abrupt. The woman at the front desk on the next day was pleasant. The person who scheduled the conference here received a lot of complaints. Never again!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed November 16, 2010

My wife and I stayed in this absolute dump in Lexington. Upon arrival, the TV did not work properly, then the wifi did not work, the wallpaper was stained and peeling, the sink was cracked. I called the front desk three times about the TV and wifi (was given another number to call for the wifi provider) and then called Priceline customer service and the only option I was given was to give up the room and get a refund, no assistance at finding another room. There was a UK basketball game that night and a UK football game the next morning; little chance of finding a room in town. My family has used Priceline exclusively for years - I will never use Priceline again. This hotel should rent by the hour!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 8, 2010

We were traveling from NC to IL and needed to stay overnight. We used the AAA TourBook rating to choose this hotel before reaching Lexington, KY. When we talked to the front desk over the phone, the original rate was $140, but they were willing to give us a discount to $115 if we made the reservation when we got to the hotel.

When we got to the hotel, the outside looked decent, and the front desk gave us another discount to $99 when we made the reservation.

After staying in the room for 1/2 hour, we had to leave because something in the room made me break out in hives. There were cracks in the ceiling and the room looked like it hadn't been thoroughly cleaned in a while. There were black greasy marks on the drapes, some kind of spatter on the ceiling, wallpaper was bubbled up or peeling from the walls. The door to the outside needed a hotel key, but the door didn't close for a full minute, so anyone that was waiting outside could have slipped in unnoticed. The only decent attribute to this room was the memory foam mattress.

I have never checked out of a hotel early because I feel really guilty, but I didn't feel safe or comfortable staying here. I have already filed a complaint with AAA regarding their rating information in their TourBook.

The hotel staff were very accomodating and were willing to give me my money back, but that doesn't compensate for the discusting accomodations.

I wish I had thought to take photos to share with others. I was more concerned about my health and safety. Hope this review helps others.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 27, 2010

Had 3 rooms reserved for 1 night at $169/night. When I made reservations, I asked if check in was 3 pm and check out 4 pm and was told yes. However upon arrival at 3, I was told check in was 4 pm and no rooms available yet. By 4 pm, the lobby had about 50 people in it ALL waiting for rooms. Since we got there at 3 we got all checked in by a little after 4 pm.

As we waited, we walked around and saw 4 housekeeping staff at different times on smoke breaks, talking in the hall etc. Certainly not trying to get room cleaned. 2 of the room were OK but not great. The one Smoking Room was a disaster. No microwave/refrig as advertised. No Temperpedic mattress as promised either. No room service menu and the phone didn't work right. There was burn holes in the carpet and furniture and a cig. butt and candy wrapper behind the night stand! The real shocker was when we shut the door to the room, it was DUCT-TAPED TO SEAL IT! Yep that is what I said.

The only good thing was the food both in room and in restuarant. Also, one of the clerks later told me that CLARION is taking over by next year some time. I wouldn't stay until that happens.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 18, 2010

The Holiday Inn North is an older hotel. We paid $125 per night and felt it was way overpriced especially for being 5 miles from downtown and on the interstate. The rooms were kind of run down with dated furniture and cheap carpet, the televisions were old and did not have a good picture. The bathroom was also old and the amenities were very limited and generic. However they had good towels! I have stayed at some of the newer Holiday Inn’s and they seem to have higher standards than the older one. Not a good hotel for the price, its more of a $75 type hotel max. I wish we would have stayed at a Holiday Inn Express instead, probably would have been better for the money we paid. I am a priority club member so I stay at a lot of IHG properties.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 18, 2010

On my way to Missouri I decided to stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Northeast Lexington, Kentucky. I have read quite a few reviews on this website before and want to clearly state that I am by no means picky or hard to please; however, I have a threshold. From the outside, the hotel looks decent and well taken care of with detailed landscaping. The positive aspects of this hotel stop as you enter the front door. The hotel has obviously been around for a while and is in desparate need of a total renovation. Everything in my room was old and the paint was cracking off all of the fixtures in the interior. The worst part of the paint is that at some point in the past they attempted to keep up with the maintenance and instead of doing the job correctly they just painted over places where the paint chipped off leaving the impression that you are staying in Government subsidized housing. The interior piece of my door frame was missing so my door could not be properly locked, the room and hallways smelled like must and sweat, the bathroom sink leaked, the drain for the tub was broken leaving a gaping hole to the plumbing and a bunch of highschool students were staying on my hall and were drunk and carrying on in the hallway until 2:00 am.

The staff was very courteous and polite but this hotel was definately not worth a price of over $100. I am completely dissatisfied with my experience with this hotel and would never recommend stay to anyone.

Thanks for reading.