“Pleasant stay”

Clarion Hotel Conference Center North
Ranked #23 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Reviewed October 9, 2009

Courteous and comfortable. The memory foam mattress was a nice surprise

Reviewed October 5, 2009

I had two rooms booked for one night on 10/3/09. Positives for this hotel are its prime location and free parking. I can't provide information on other features of the hotel because we were not able to stay due to its condition.

Upon initial check-in, we were given two rooms in the southeast wing, near entrance "I". As soon as we walked into the secured side entrance, we detected a minor smell of mold & mildew. However, as soon as we opened the rooms, there was a very strong odor of mold and mildew. Just a couple of steps into the room, and we knew we couldn't sleep in these rooms. In fact, one of the kids started sneezing immediately upon entering the room.

We went back to the front desk, where the clerk admitted this has been a problem in this wing in the past, and then offered us two rooms in a different wing of the hotel, near the side entrance "E". We did not detect any sense of mold or mildew entering this wing, and felt relieved. However, as soon as we entered the rooms on this side of the facility, we were again greeted with a strong of mold and mildew. Just a few steps into the room, and we knew that there was a problem with the facility itself, not just certain rooms in certain wings of the hotel. We were not able stay in these rooms either. As a healthy adult, I was shocked to have four separate rooms with a heavy mold and mildew odor. There is no possible way a kid with allergies would be able to stay at this facility.

Before booking this hotel, I would suggest that you read several reviews, as other reviewers have also mentioned issues with cleanliness concerns.

Reviewed October 4, 2009

My wife and I and our 4 children, ages 9, 5, 2 ½ & 1 stayed at the Holiday Inn Lexington-North on October 1st for one night. We made reservations the night before for a non-smoking room on the first floor with a mini-fridge and near the arcade and pool areas so the kids wouldn’t have to walk far. I was concerned that since we arrived late (around 9:00 p.m.) that the front desk would not be able to accommodate us, but we got exactly what we requested. The room smelled and looked clean, but the carpet was dirty because I had to use baby wipes to clean the children’s feet prior to them going to bed (I find this to be common at many hotels). The rooms are very large as we had plenty of space to put up a crib. We had an assortment of pillows ranging from soft to hard and the mattresses were very comfortable and we all had a good night’s sleep.
The kids had a blast in the arcade and there were even some games that our 2 year old could play. They also played shuffleboard and ping pong, but the highlight was the heated indoor pool and huge whirlpool. We got the Best 4 Breakfast package where we were allotted $20 for breakfast at the onsite Post Restaurant where kids eat free. Breakfast was excellent and the server even gave me a to-go coffee cup even though I did not request one. This is a great hotel for those traveling with children due to the many amenities and the fact that kids eat free.

1  Thank sgivet
Reviewed September 28, 2009

Upon arrival/checkin, the Front Desk person was very unprofessional. He stated that since I'd used an opaque site to book the hotel, versus reserving through hotel chain site, I'd be given 2 SMOKING rooms. I informed him that I'd called the prior week and requested NON-smoking rooms, he said that didn't make any difference, I'd be given what HE wanted me to have. After some further discussion, he relented and provided NON-smoking rooms. My room had NUMEROUS bugs in it, however the other room provided was bug free. The property also had NUMEROUS out of town football fans in, for a game at UK the next day. The guests were running up/down the hallways until the wee hours of the morning, I called and complained to front desk, they said there was nothing they could do about it.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 31, 2009

I recently stayed at the Holiday Inn on Newtown Pike in Lexington, Kentucky. This hotel is quite possibly the best Holiday Inn I have ever spent a night in. The check in procedure was quick and professional. The room was clean, and just as important, at least to me, is that it smelled clean and fresh. There's nothing worse than entering a motel or hotel room and being struck by a musky smell.

While my stay there was due to illness in the family and not vacation, I did enjoy my stay in this excellent hotel. Everything about the hotel gets a five star rating from me.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed July 30, 2009

Our company has had our annual banquet at the Holiday Inn North for nearly 20 years. Each year the hotel has continued to provide us the best in service and product. The hotel staff always goes above and beyond for our events. This Holiday Inn is a "class act" for both family and business events and I would and will continue to recommend it to everyone.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed July 21, 2009

I spent a week at the hotel in mid-July with my wife and 2 kids. The hotel was hosting the Breyerfest conference, so it was somewhat crowded and parking was hard to find at times. Other than that issue, the hotel was about what you'd expect for $100 per night. Nothing fancy, a good value for your money. It has a nice large indoor pool, basketball court, arcade, and bar/restaurant with decent food at great prices. The hotel is located just off the highway and is close to a golf course and about a 15-minute drive from downtown Lexington.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family