“Attended A Convention Here!”

Clarion Hotel Conference Center North
Ranked #26 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Reviewed July 13, 2014

I just got home after spending five nights at this hotel during the Breyerfest model horse convention. Members of our convention had the entire hotel booked for most if not all of those five nights. On most nights we also had MANY other visitors who came into the ballrooms and bar as well as room sales. Meaning many people had their rooms open with the furniture rearranged, asked for no maid service or only specific things left on notes. Every time I saw a staffer they were courteous, we had problems with the lock on our door and it was fixed promptly. I'm very impressed when a hotel can deal with that sort of a madhouse, people parked everywhere, I'm sure there was more room service than normal, but it was handled well. And we're all thrilled by the addition of elevators (one so far, completed midweek).

Room Tip: There are steps all over so be sure if you have mobility issues to let the desk know. Elevators are...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
Clarionlex, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Conference Center North, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2014

We love being the host hotel for the yearly Breyerfest event. We appreciate your business and we always try to work with your group to accomodate your needs. I am so happy that we were able to get the newly constructed elevator usable for this event. We will be completing the finishing touches this week.
Once again thank you for your business and we look forward to seeing you again next year.

Reviewed July 10, 2014

Very good place to stop in Lexington, off I 75. It was about to rain, and I asked the receptionist if they had a cart to carry things in. Not only did she get the cart, but she loaded it and took it to the room and unloaded it for me! Very good service above and beyond. The Sports Bar and Grill was good--got to watch the World Cup. Good service here too. Nice hot breakfast buffet included.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Clarionlex, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Conference Center North, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2014

Thank you so much for the wonderful review. We often receive compliments in regards to our staff and the wonderful service they provide. I am so pleased to hear that received that you received that service and were gracious enough to tell about it. We appreciate your business and can't wait to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 4, 2014

I was traveling from GA to MI, first off the outside looks pretty good, parking lot is pretty big. Check-in was quick and staff was friendly. The inside is pretty much a maze I got lost finding my room many times. I stayed one night only. My room smelled clean and beds were pretty much comfortable but the pillows kinda of hurt my neck. I really liked the bar inside, flat screen TVs and ice cold beer.
I had a complimentary breakfast, buffet kind of at the restaurant inside next to the bar
Scrambled eggs, A LOT OF BACON!, hash browns, orange juice and toast and bagels, coffee and a lot more that I can't remember...all you can eat. Breakfast was the highlight of my stay.
I will stay here next year...I really liked it.

Room Tip: Get your own pillow if you don't like the extra firm ones they have here.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business

I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and your complimentary hot breakfast buffet. We are glad to hear that you will be coming to see us again in the future and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed July 3, 2014

Two nights in a room off the convention wing. The property is older which results in rooms only slightly dated - not enough plugs, no bathroom fan. Our fridge was the coldest I've ever found in a hotel but had to be unplugged to use the microwave. Memory foam mattress was amazing with clean white linens but pillows as small and lumpy with no extra blanket in closet. A/C works well but is LOUD.

Pool and indoor rec area was well maintained, huge and is the reason to stay here. My son was thrilled to get to swim and as it is open til midnight, I don't have to tell him no because we go to dinner. Lots of swim towels available and not over chlorinated!! Loved the staff - both at the desk, management and facilities.

Skip the free breakfast onsite - poor quality food, no bacon for my son and I had to pay $3 for a glass of choc milk. Waffles were soggy and the biscuts were hocky pucks.

Room Tip: pet friendly
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for choosing Clarion Hotel. I am happy to hear that your son enjoyed the FunDome area and all it had to offer. It truly is a great place for a weekend getaway. I am sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy the free hot breakfast buffet. We try to offer something for everyone and vary the options throughout the week which include but is not limited to eggs, biscuit and gravy, hashbrowns, bagels, cold cereal, oatmeal, and of course the waffle station. And since the waffle station is self serve you can cook your waffle to your desired consistency. We also offer a full breakfast menu where you can order anything you desire at a very reasonable price.
I hope that you will consider staying with us again in the near future.

Geneal Manager

Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

We had a terrible experience at this hotel. Our 1st room was supposedly nonsmoking, but smelled terribly of smoke so we asked to switch rooms. Our 2nd room was OK, but very hard to get to. This hotel is like a maze under construction. The elevators aren't working and almost everywhere there is construction. The rooms are so so. The bathroom is tiny and hadn't been renovated and the rooms have been cheaply renovated. I am not usually picky about hotels, but this one sucks. After breakfast our key card wouldn't open our door. So we had to go across the hotel to the lobby and found out it was never activated. How annoying. The 1 star I gave this hotel is for the breakfast. It was very good. Oh and when we complained the front desk didn't offer us anything for our problems.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank mairtraveler
Clarionlex, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Conference Center North, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2014

I am so sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your stay. We pride ourselves on providing great service, a good clean room, with wonderful amenities such as the free hot breakfast buffet, the indoor pool and basketball court as well as a restauarant and lounge here on property. We are undergoing renovation which includes the addition of an elevator which we are very excited about, however I am sorry if the renovation caused any inconvenience to you during your stay. I would love to speak to you direct to make this right for you, my staff is usually top notch so I want to be sure we are working to correct any issues.

Once again I appreciate your business and I am sorry that you were dissatisfied. I hope that you will come to see us again soon so we can show you the level of service we strive to provide to all of our guests.

859-825-5020 direct line
mmcguire@clarionhotellex.com

Reviewed June 26, 2014

My daughter and I stayed here June 22, 2014 for one night. I booked based on reviews and price. When we arrived, two men were painting the portico brick. This was mid afternoon and hot outside so the smell was terrible! Really - is there any other time these bricks could be painted rather than check in time on a weekend? Check in went fine and the staff was nice. We were in room 308. When we entered, we could definitely smell smoke - as if this used to be a smoking room or someone had broken the rules. One of the beds had a huge stain on the yellow cover at the foot of the bed. The room was very clean other than that. This hotel is in need of a major update. Furniture had been patched to cover marks, beds were very dated, linens were also. WIFI was terrible. If you are need of a decent connection - do not stay here. It was probably the worst I have ever experienced! There are only a few channels on the TV. The coffee maker in the bathroom was right next to the toilet (yuck!) and had ceramic mugs. Have we not all seen the Dateline stories on those nasty ceramic mugs not being cleaned - and just wiped out? Spring for some disposable cups! The towels were old and small. Soaps in the bathroom were super thin and broke as soon as you used them. Sounds like I am nitpicking, but these are things I would want to know about a hotel. I think they are doing what they can to cut corners. I won't stay here again. There are plenty of other hotels to try in the vicinity.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank cdmas93

I apologize that you were unsatisfied with your stay. We are working to make improvements and we try to choose the best time possible for these projects. Normally a Sunday afternoon is a very slow time for the hotel. I do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We have recently moved the coffee pot out of the bathroom and placed it on the new refrigerator and microwave that is now in all rooms. We are also now offering plastic cups in addition to the glass mug and drinking glass that is required at all Choice hotels. We listen to what our guest find important and try to ensure we offer the best room possible with great amenities.
Once again I apologize and appreciate your business.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

had a family gathering in lexington this past weekend. spent 2 nights here. staff was friendly, it was clean and didn't smell bad at all. great pool and arcade area, the grounds looked well kept and seemed well lit at night. the ONLY thing I can really "complain" about - one of the doors to another room didn't close quietly, whoever was staying in that room, every time they went through it, it slammed. so at 5am one morning, im being awaken by a slamming door. also, we had 4 different families (all with the same last name) staying there, and our rooms weren't grouped together, thought maybe the staff could have made a better attempt at placing us at least in the same hall

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Christina R
Clarionlex, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Conference Center North, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2014

Thank you for choosing Clarion Hotel for your family gathering. We appreciate your business and your wonderful comments. I am personally going to work with the desk to ensure they think ahead and block rooms together whenever possible. I know it would have been nice to be all together and while we always try to work to honor request we need to take that extra step.
Once again I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and hope that you will come to see us again soon.