“Great Stay”

Clarion Hotel Conference Center North
Ranked #25 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Reviewed November 11, 2013

I was visiting the Lexington area to consider venues to host our state organization's upcoming conferences in fall 2014 and spring 2015. Scott Hait, the Associate Director of Sales at the Clarion, went above and beyond to make my stay wonderful! Everyone, from the staff I met at check-in and those I passed in the hallway, to the waitress in the Sports Page Bar & Grill, was so friendly. Thanks for a great experience!

Room Tip: Some rooms have memory foam mattresses and others have pillow top. Request the one that you prefer.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Clarionlex, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Conference Center North, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2013

Thank you so much for your great comments. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that the staff provided you with such wonderful service. I hope that we proved to be the best location for your future event. We would love the opportunity to host your event and show all of your attendees how much we appreciate their business.

Hope to see you soon,

There are newer reviews for Clarion Hotel Conference Center North

Reviewed October 31, 2013

I got a room at the Clarion Hotel Lexington through Priceline express deals. I was in Lexington to attend Keeneland’s annual fall races. I believe the rates for the hotel were higher due to the races. The hotel was decent enough. Check in was nice and easy. Donnie, the front desk clerk, was accommodating, informative, and pleasant. There were 2 large groups staying at the hotel for the weekend and he put me on the opposite end of the hotel, which I was thankful. The hotel has several buildings that are connected so you don’t have to go outside to get from one building to the next, which was nice. There are 2 stories in each building. There’s a restaurant/bar within the hotel (which I did not visit) and you get a free coupon for the breakfast buffet. The pool was a nice size but it’s in the same space as the “fun-area” with games, snack shop, etc. I like that the hotel’s location is within 15-20 min from the horse parks and downtown.

There was a strong odor when I walked into the building where my room was. I saw “wet paint” signs on the walls in the hallways but the strong smell was also in my room, which made me a little nervous to be closed up in my room without being able to open the window. The room was just okay. As previous reviewers noted, the hotel definitely needs updating. The carpet seemed very old and had some stains. The bed seemed hard when you first sit on it. The room just didn’t give me that warm-fuzzy feeling I look forward to in a 3 star hotel.

I walked into the bathroom and the tile floor was ice cold. I turned on the water to take a shower and the water pressure was very disappointing.

I actually slept pretty well – the pillows were nice (I wish I would’ve checked to see what kind they were). My stay was nice and peaceful.

I don’t think I would choose to stay at this hotel again especially not for the price I paid. But I loved Keeneland and know I’ll be back to visit Lexington in the spring.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank danaleste

Thank you for choosing Clarion Hotel, we appreciate your business. We are currently working hard to make improvements to the hotel. We are installing new carpet in the guest rooms along with adding features such as refrigerators and microwaves. I apologize if the smell from the painting was strong during your arrival. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we make improvements. In regards to the bedding we do offer two different types of mattresses for your convenience, we have the Tempurpedic mattress as well as a Serta option. As far as pillows every bed had two pillow types; feather and synthetic. I am so happy that you enjoyed them.
I hope that you will consider staying with us again soon. I would love the opportunity to show you the changes we are making. Our goal is to always provide a good clean room, with great service and amenities such as free hot breakfast buffet, at a good value.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

Stopped in for a night to visit with a friend from the area. The hotel is really large and spread out. Room was clean but dated. Different sort of mattress than I have ever slept on, but comfortable. We did really enjoy the bar and restaurant located on the property. Sat out on the deck in the sun for a while, then returned into the bar to eat and have cocktails. The staff was friendly and well-trained and the food was very good. Worst part of our stay was the hotel had paper-thin walls and was very noisy. I ended up going out of my room at 2 AM to yell at some very loud drunk people hanging out in the hall. I called the front desk to have security come through just to make sure those people stayed in their rooms and quieted down.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you so much for staying with us at the Clarion Hotel. I am happy to hear that the staff provided good service and that you enjoyed the restaurant and lounge that we have here on property. We do offer two types of mattress options for your comfort, we have the Tempurpedic as well a Serta mattress. We hope that by offering two options everyone is comfortable.
We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at the Clarion. We had booked a suite on line and were pleasantly surprised that the suite was actually a separate living room with a wet-bar and a separate bedroom. The space was great. We travel with our dogs and they felt at home with a living room to hang out in. The complimentary breakfast was really good. The staff kept the buffet trays full and while it was crowded with guests heading out to Keeneland, the staff opened up the bar for additional seating. Donnie at the front desk was friendly and welcoming and we appreciated his service. Tony from room service was equally as nice and friendly. The hotel is close to Keeneland and to the Kentucky Horse Park. We will definately stay there again on our next trip to Lexington.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Clarionlex, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Conference Center North, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2013

Thank you so much for choosing Clarion Hotel. We appreciate your business and your wonderful review. It is so nice to hear that our staff provided great service. We pride ourselves on being friendly, courteous, and helpful. Once again thank you and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

The Clarion Hotel Lexington is a worth while stop for anyone traveling through Kentucky. It is right in the middle of horse country and it is located within 20 minutes drive to a number of very interesting attractions. Setting up a base camp in the Clarion is a good way to visit the Kentucky Horse Park, the Claiborne Farm, Keeneland Race Track and the University of Kentucky. The facilities at the Clarion are very nice and the staff is first rate.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Clarionlex, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Conference Center North, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. We appreciate your business and we are so happy to have been able to accommodate your needs. Once again thank you and I look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

Nice size room with 2 beds.Hotel is rather large,can be long walk.Room was in need of carpet cleaning.Good breakfast,plenty of choice.Hotel next to interstate.I belive this was Holiday Inn at one time.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for choosing Clarion Hotel. I am so happy that enjoyed your stay and felt like the hotel was a good value.
We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

This hotel is really spread out. We were with a group of people and some of our rooms were very far apart. I had a second floor room at the far end of the hotel and an out of shape person would have had to drive to the lobby. That said the room was quiet and comfortable. I felt the hotel was a tad overpriced. My rate was about 130 a night and I felt the hotel was a 90 dollar a night hotel. The breakfast was fresh and filling. Scrambled eggs, home fries, sausage, biscuits and gravy. And the usual assortment of cereals and pastries. I would recommend the bar as a friendly gathering place with reasonably priced food and drink. I waited for what seemed like 5 minutes at checkin for the bell hop to finish his conversation with the two desk clerks who could only seem to handle one customer at a time.

Room Tip: avoid rooms in the 400 and 500 numbers. They are at the far ends of the hotel and very far from the...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for choosing Clarion Hotel in Lexington. We appreicate your business as well as your feedback. Our goal is to provide a good clean room with great amenities such as a free hot breakfast buffet, pool, hot tub, and free wi-fi, at a great value. The hotel is a very large property with nearly 300 rooms on two floors so please make special request when making your reservations so we can be sure to accommodate your needs. We pride ourselves on working to accommodate request whenever possible.
Once again thank you and we hope to see you again soon.