“Perfect for Children”

Ranked #25 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Pikeville, Kentucky
“Perfect for Children”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Great place where children can in a pool or basketball court or tons of video games. This place is huge. The restaurant is so great with wonderful food. The rooms are first class with memory form beds.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Clarionlex, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Lexington Conference Center North, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Thank you so much for your wonderful review. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay and that your children were able to use some of the great amenities that we have to offer. I do believe we have something for everyone. Once again thank you, we appreciate your business and hope to see you again very soon.

Melissa McGuire

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
Charleston Sc.
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I stayed here on company business july 1st and I am in the restaurant eating breakfast as I am writing this review. I stayed in room 150 and killed 3 black bugs the size of roaches and one crawl on me in the middle of the night. I tried to flush the toilet without success. The hotel imo was really bad for what my company paid for this room and I will make sure they know it so other can avoid my pitfall.

• Stayed July 2013
I am so sorry about any issues you experienced during your stay. I understand that you have already spoken to a manager at the hotel and that your concerns were addressed. If you would like to discuss your concerns more thoroughly please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Van Lear, Kentucky, United States
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Stayed in this hotel for four weeks over the past 2 years on business and its been an experience. The first week we had to complain about ants on our bed and then we were comped a meal which was excellent in their restaurant and switched to a very nice room where we spent the next week as well. The hotel manager named i believe Melissa was very nice and saw to it that we were taken care of. This year, the first week we had a very nice room and had no complaints except that the cable was iffy. The next week our room was not as nice as it had dirty carpet and a strange smell. It wasn't a dirty smell but it was weird and took a while to get used to. It seems as if it depends on what room you get as to how nice it is. They have ample parking and are in a nice location for business and pleasure. The staff seems very courteous and competent which is always a plus. Overall I would stay here again on business as its pros seemed to outweigh its cons.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
I am so sorry that you have experienced inconsistent levels of guest rooms. I would love to speak to you directly so I can pin point which rooms or areas that have had issues or concerns. I appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again and want to make sure that we correct the issues in the rooms before your return.
I look forward to speaking you soon.

Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed June 29, 2013

My quilt guild held their annual quilting retreat at the Clarion. Kim & Scott (group sales) were great. The hotel is conveniently set up for their "convention" customers. The whole staff went out of their way to make it a good retreat for us and our exit survey's reflected their had work paid off in happy retreat attendees! All staff members were quick to help even if the problem was not in their area of responsibility.

Room Tip: If you are attending an event in the convention area be sure to ask for a room close by conference c...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
We were so please to have your group staying with us. I am happy to hear that everyone enjoyed your stay. I hope to see everyone again soon.

Clarion Hotel
Carmel, Indiana
Reviewed June 21, 2013

The staff at this hotel is amazing and went out of their way to get the job done, was more than courteous to our members and went above and beyond for us. The managers are some of the best I have worked with. Each one of them immediately took care of any issues we had and resolved them very quickly. Scott Hait, Associate Director of Sales, was a dream to work with. I cannot say enough about him and his staff. The area our convention was held was great and all of the convention activities were within easy walking distance. The food served at our banquet, free morning breakfast and in the bar/restaurant was wonderful. I hope we visit the Clarion in Lexington again very soon; we really enjoyed having our convention in their establishment.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Clarionlex, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Lexington Conference Center North, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Thank you so much your wonderful review. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that the staff here at the hotel took such great care of you. We loved being the host hotel for the National Assoication of Miniature Enthusiasts and hope to see you again in the future.

On behalf of the entire staff of Clarion Hotel. Thank you. We appreciate your business.
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I have been to this hotel many times over the years for corporate events, weddings and family functions. Once a rather neglected Holiday Inn convention center, the new Clarion management has improved this hotel tremendously. On my most recent visit, it appeared that the hotel was mid-way through a renovation. Our family was originally assigned one of the un-renovated rooms, and it was in terrible shape and reeked of smoke. The hotel was completely sold out, so they were stuck with it for the first night, but on night two they were upgraded to a newly renovated suite which was quite nice.

Breakfast in the restaurant is free for guests (make sure the front desk gives you enough coupons when you check in) and features both hot and cold items. Amenities are typical Comfort Inn/Clarion and the hotel offers free wi-fi and 24-hour coffee. There is an indoor pool, and an arcade area for the kids... in fact, this is probably one of the most kid-friendly hotels I have ever seen!

I don't think I've ever encountered bad service at this hotel - the staff has always been excellent. Housekeeping could have been better (incomplete vacuuming and bits of trash from a previous guest left in the cabinets) and a large crack in the shower where the curtain rod attached to the wall. Otherwise, no serious complaints.

The Clarion, as well as the other hotels located nearby are always extremely busy and attract lots of conventions due to their proximity to the horse park and the airport. Save for a Dennys and a gas station, there's also not much within walking distance.

Once their renovations are complete, I think this will once again be a very nice hotel and a great alternative for folks who are staying in this area of town without the price tag of the nearby Marriott or Embassy Suites. My family plans to continue staying here.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank SixAlpha
Thank you for your continued loyality throughout the years. I am pleased that we were able to get you relocated during your stay and that you noticed and appreciated the positive changes we are making. While we will continue to make improvements I truly believe our employees are what make us stand out.

Once again thank you and we can't wait to see you again soon.

Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed June 5, 2013

What can i say about such a great establishment and staff. This was the 2nd year I've held my charity event at the Clarion, and can not say enough good stuff about them. From management to staff, to amenities and rooms, great place to stay for a day or a weekend. They have always treated me and my participants with respect and care. The food is fabulous, and the drink prices are fair. I had several world class darters from all over the US state they could not have been in a nicer place for an event..GREAT JOB!! SEE YOU NEXT YEAR

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Clarionlex, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Lexington Conference Center North, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Thank you so much for choosing to have your event with us. I am so happy that you and all the participants enjoyed their stay. We appreciate your business and can't wait to see you again next year.

Clarion Hotel