“Very nice place to stay”

Clarion Hotel Conference Center North
Ranked #24 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Port Sanilac, Michigan
“Very nice place to stay”
Reviewed November 16, 2012 via mobile

Our first Clarion Hotel stay. We used Choice Hotel points to book our stay and were very pleased. Clean, comfortable, better than usual breakfast, very nice amenities, friendly staff. Highly recommend. Nice pool area.

• Stayed November 2012
Clarionlex, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Conference Center North, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
Thank you so much for choosing Clarion Hotel Lexington KY. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay and that we met or exceeded your expectations.

Once again thank you and we can't wait to see you again.

Melissa McGuire

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
Cartersville, Georgia
Reviewed November 5, 2012

My husband and I planned a four night getaway to both Lexington and Louisville, Kentucky from the Atlanta, Georgia area. Our first night was a stay at the Clarion Hotel in Lexington and then we were back again the last night for our trip back home. The hotel was located right near the highway and in a nice area. It appears to be an older hotel that has undergone very nice renovations. We had an upgraded room near the lobby area but it was very quiet with newer carpet, a king sized bed with crisp sheets and a flat screen TV. The hotel staff was extremely helpful and friendly when asking for directions. The included breakfast was great with scrambled eggs, potatoes, bacon, biscuits and more....just delicious. I am a member of Choice Privileges and used my points for this stay. From this hotel, it is easy to get around to Keeneland Race Park , shopping and local historic attractions.
I think you will enjoy your stay at this hotel. Remember to ask for a remodeled room because I believe they are still in the process of working on them.

Room Tip: If you are a choice hotel/privileges member they are supposed to upgrade you automatically to a remo...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Clarionlex, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Conference Center North, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Thank you for choosing Clarion Hotel. I'm happy that you enjoyed your stay and can't wait to see you soon again soon.

Hooksett, New Hampshire
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Simply put, this hotel has to be one of the top Choice Hotels in the system.
Being constantly on the road throughout the eastern US and a proud Choice Previledge member, I have to say that this was one of the best and will pass it on to all my fellow travelers.

Room Tip: Hotel is huge, suggest a room closer to the lobby and breakfast area!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon.

Calvert City, Kentucky
Reviewed October 11, 2012 via mobile

Employes at the desk were nice, they forgot to apply our coupon but fixed it on check out when I reminded them without a problem. Rooms were small, beds kinda hard, no fridge in room. The pool and fun dome made up for the rooms. Had a blast playing basketball and ping pong. Half of the arcade games didn't work. Pool was a nice temp. Restaurant and lounge was nice. Good burgers. Complimentary breakfast buffet was better than most.

• Stayed October 2012
Clarionlex, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Conference Center North, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about your stay. We appreciate your comments and and use them to improve the guest experience. In regards to your comments I wanted to let you know that I have contacted our service technician for the games and they are working to correct the games. I also wanted to let you know that we offer 2 different types of bedding for your comfort. We have Tempurpedic and Serta mattresses for you to choose from. Please inquire with the desk when making your next reservation.

Once again thank you and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Normal, Illinois
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We recently booked the Clarion thru one of those online discount sites and after learning where we staying and reading some of the reviews we had some major concerns. Our experience was very positive. The property is older but they are slowly working thru the renovations and the rooms that have been renovated are very acceptable. Our room had new carpet and bedding and there was no musty smell. We arrived late and checked out early so we were not in the hotel long but did not odd smells in the lobby or hallways. As many of the reviews indicate (even the negative ones) the staff is great. If people have concerns I would encourage them to discuss them with the staff or the general manager who I found to be extremely helpful. I do not know what the normal rack rate is for a room but thru the discount site it was a good value. The beds are comfortable and the room was clean. Breakfast could have been better but hard to complain when it's free. As I said before, it's a old hotel, you can't expect a miracle transformation into the 21st century but they are making improvements.

Room Tip: Ask for one of their feature rooms and discuss any concerns you might have with the general manager...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Murphs122
Clarionlex, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Conference Center North, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Thank you for your comments. I am so glad that you contaced me to discuss your previsit concerns and so happy that you enjoyed your stay. My goal is to provide a good clean room at the best value with great customer service. If you have additional comments or suggestions for the hotel or the breakfast I would love to hear them. We are always looking for ways to improve our guests experience.
Once again thank you and we hope to see you again soon.
Pikeville, Kentucky
Reviewed October 2, 2012

My husband and I stayed here over the weekend as we were in town for a horror convention. It was our first stay at a Clarion hotel and it won't be our last. The rooms are spacious enough to give you a comfortable stay. Beds are great! I love the fact that you get "extras" with your stay (use of pool, hot tub, gym, game room, basketball court). There is a complimentary breakfast buffet included as well. Will be staying here when we return to Lexington!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your great comments about the hotel. I am so glad that you enjoyed the bedding and our many amenities. There is truly tons to do for the entire family and I'm glad that you have become a repeart customer.
Once again thank you. The staff and I can't wait to see you again soon.

Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

Hotel is extremely old and is disgusting. My room was not like the one in the picture, it was much worse & gross. The place smelled of old, mold, unclean and nasty. The AC unit was noisy. I asked for towels from housekeeper & got none - had to go to front desk after I showered. Forget about late checkout - I have never been to a hotel that didn't grant late checkout. I will stay at the Embassy Suites across the street next time and enjoy clean, comfortable rooms with evening reception and late check out for only a few dollars more.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Meanderin
I apologize that your room was not up to the level you expected. I assure you that we work hard to deliver the cleanest room each and every time. I would like to thank you for speaking to me about your stay and I glad that you are willing to give us another chance during your next visit. We are addressing the late check out request as well as the hallway lighting you mentioned during our call.
Once again I apologize and I look forward to seeing you again soon.