“Great hotel!!!!”

Clarion Hotel Conference Center North
Ranked #24 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Great rooms, they accommodate their guest with all their needs. I work 7 pm to 730 am and the hotel makes arrangements for me to check in after my shift instead of regular check in times. To me this is not found often in a hotel. Those of you that need a room for work this is a GREAT hotel to stay in. This hotel meets all my needs they even have a resturant to eat breakfast in and have a pizza place to have supper in before I go to work. The rooms are clean, the staff is great. I will continue to stay here and reccommend the hotel to everyone. I have been staying here every week since august 2012, and believe me if it were not a great hotel I would not continue to return every week.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Clarionlex, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Conference Center North, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments. I really appreciate your business and we are happy to work with you on your schedule. Return guests are the key to this business and it is what makes this hotel a success.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

My first stay was just this past week ( 9/18 -9/23/2012) I will stay at this hotel from now on when I stay in Lexington which is 2-4 X per year for at least 4 days per stay, Pet friendly with smoking rooms. The staff was good, the room was nice, and the price was very cost effective. My daughter and I shared a king room which included a couch and was very roomy. We stayed in room 144 which was perfect for pets, and easy to get to our trucks. The laundry room was clean, and we felt very safe on the property. This is an older facility but the pool, and rec area was very nicely kept and I only have good things to say about our stay.

Room Tip: If you have pets ask for rooms in the 140ish area
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Clarionlex, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Conference Center North, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

Thank you so much for choosing Clarion Hotel. We appreciate your business and we are very happy to accommodate you and your pet. We are also one of the few hotels in Lexington that still offer smoking rooms. We don't have a lot but we are glad to offer them.
Once again thank you and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Very clean, spacious room. Staff was super nice and helpful. Location was ideal-- right off interstate, yet close to downtown and horse park. Restaurant was a nice bonus. I can't wait to stay here again with entire family and spend time at the indoor pool area.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for choosing Clarion Hotel. We are a great hotel for a weekend getaway. I noticed by your address that you live not too far away so we hope that we will become a place for you to do those weekend getaways. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

the beds are so comfortable.....slept like a baby.....went down to the sport bar and the food was awsome...all the employees have always been very nice too.........we got a free breakfast that was excellant

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank 60mary1890

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay. We appreciate your business and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Melissa Mcguire
General Manger

Reviewed September 21, 2012

I recently spent two nights at the Clarion. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful. My room was clean, and although the hotel seemed busy, there were no problems with noise or any disturbances. I had a doctor's appointment and then spent a day shopping. I thoroughly enjoyed shopping in Lexington and appreciated the fact that I got a good night's sleep at the hotel before heading home. I will stay there in the future.

Room Tip: Hotel is spread out, so request a room close to the lobby if you don't like to walk.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank KyHillbilly57
Clarionlex, Owner at Clarion Hotel Conference Center North, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2012

Thank you for choosing Clarion Hotel. We appreciate your business and we are so happy that you enjoyed your stay. This hotel is a great place for a short "get a way" stay whether it is for a Dr.'s appointment, shopping, or whatever you need. I hope that you will think of us during your next visit to Lexington.

Once again thank you and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

Just spent 4 nights here and would not ever go back. The price was reasonable, but I guess you get what you pay for. This place had some serious issues with cleanliness. My family and I had two rooms and they both were not clean and needed updating. One of the first rooms we had was disgusting and a major health hazard. There was a lage foul-smelling stain in the corner that seemed like it was vomit that had not been properly cleaned. When my daughter climbed into bed, she noticed a wet feeling, only to find out that the mattress was soaked with urine. We were given apologies and another room, but how could this room be allowed to be this way in the first place?
The layout of this hotel is horrible. There is no good way to get from one place to another without walking endless hallways. The pool is old and not particularly clean. The "arcade" area had about 15 different video games, of which only about 6 were actually working and these often "stole" your money.
The morning breakfast is a joke. If you do not have a complimentary breakfast coupon, you have to pay $7 for what most hotels offer for free.
The wireless internet was free but was horrible. When it did actaully connect, which was rare, it was so slow that it was basically useless.
I will be traveling to Lexington again, but wil not be staying at the Clarion.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank docjgw
Clarionlex, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Conference Center North, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2012

I apologize for the issues that you experienced during your visit with us. I would love the opportunity to speak to you directly to find out what room you were in so we can address your concerns and ensure we get them corrected. All of our rooms do come with a complimentary hot breakfast buffet. The coupons are for tracking only and the cost of $7.99 is for non hotel guests if they want to enjoy our buffet. In regards to the pool area we have always received 99% or above on all health department scores for that area. We pride ourselves in keeping the entrie hotel neat and clean. I have contacted the arcade vendor to repair and/or replace any broken games.

Once again I apologize and I hope that you will contact me directly to discuss your concerns.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

OMG!! If this was the Last Place on EARTH don't stay HERE!! I was there for a military event While staying here the following items went BAD!! 1. Room had BED BUGS, my coworker got eat up from head to toe and they had a machine on SITE to fix the problems, after changing rooms 4x's. 2. Roaches walking across the floor "like they LIVE THERE!" and they DO! 3. Rat's dropping on table for BREAKFAST...REAL NICE ! 4. Got BILLED for extra's day on top of all that..after I checked out @ 11:30 am when check out is @ noon. If we contracted this HOTEL again send me somewhere else! Overall: staff was ok, but need to forwrd information or let someone solve the problems. Had called while there & two days after to resolve any issues, they say that everything was fine until they billed me. WOW

2  Thank Duchess D
Clarionlex, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Conference Center North, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2012

I am so sorry that you experienced problems during your stay. We take every possible opportunity to ensure things are handled correctly for all of our guests. Ecolab was contacted and no bed bugs were found. (If you would like to contact the hotel directly I can provide this report for your review.) Since we take the threat of bed bugs very seriously we do have a proactive set of procedures in place to handle the situation if one were to arise such as moving the guest, treatment for luggage, and contacting Ecolab to perform a thorough inspection. No room is rented until Ecolab completes their inspection. In regards to the other pest issues we have never experienced issues with these matters and we use Ecolab for all of our preventative pest control needs.
Once again I am sorry that you wre unhappy with your stay. I would love to speak to you directly so we can address the billing issue and other concerns.