“Dirty, musty & moldy.”

Clarion Hotel Conference Center North
Ranked #24 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Reviewed September 2, 2012

We were here for a wedding this weekend and we were pretty excited about coming to stay at the Clarion. However, upon arrival, it was clear that this "huge, fun, updated" hotel was just another "off-the-highway" type places. The Fun Dome was dirty, our room REEKED of musty, moldy carpet but there was nothing to be done as the rooms were booked for the weekend. The humidity level was off the charts in our room - other people we were with who stayed next door, their room was fine. Save your $100/night and go somewhere else!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rachel_KCE
Clarionlex, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Conference Center North, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2012

I apologize that your room was not up to your standard. I would like the opportunity to speak with you directly to ensure that we address the issues you experienced during your recent visit. Our goal is to provide great service and product to all guests. Please contact me at 859-825-5020 to discuss your stay. Your comments will help us to improve for future guests. We hope that you will give us a second chance and be one of those future guests.
I look forward to speaking to you soon.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

Flight delayed 15hrs at 8pm. Airline gave discount at this hotel so we made the easy ride over to it. Desk staff was friendly/fine. We were offered an even lower price than the airline quoted and were glad to get that as we'd only be in the room from 930p-430a. Many others in the 'same boat' took the hotel shuttle to and from the hotel and were pleased with it. Lobby was nice. Long corridors were a little dark but ok. Our room was a king with a sofabed. A little on the small side but everything there was nice/clean/comfortable. Wifi/fridge/flat screen/coffee & ceramic mugs. Cold a/c that was a little loud but not a deal breaker. Bed very comfy with a foam top on it/nice linens, lots of pillows. Plenty of nicer towels. A very decent bar was attached that served food until 11pm. The bartender was very welcoming and did a great job. Would definitely stay again. Was a great value.

Room Tip: Able to see your vehicle from the rooms on the front of the hotel. Lot was well lit.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rdqueen

I am glad that we were able to accommodate you during this unexpected visit. The hotel is convenient to the airport and the free airport shuttle makes things easier when traveling. I wanted to thank you for your valuable comments we use them to improve our service and product. I hope that based on this experience that you will come to see us again soon.

Reviewed August 17, 2012

Arrived at 2 AM, but the staff was so friendly you would have thought it was 2pm. Wonderful breakfast and morning staff as well. Kids loved the pool, arcade, and UK basketball court! Disappointed to have to leave so fast. Then we left our watch, but the manager went to get it and greeted us at the front desk with it. Fabulous value, but even more important, the people there are kind, honorable, and friendly. Thank you!

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank bevmolloy

Thank you for the kind review. I have already shared your comments with our 3rd shift employees, they were very excited. Very seldom do they get the oppurtunity to make such a positive impact due to the hours that they work. We appreciate your business and it was my pleasure to be able to meet you in the lobby with your watch after your wonderful comments that day on the phone. I look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

We had a great stay!! Very nice rooms and lots of fun for the kids! Staff was very friendly, great breakfast buffett (free every morning), nice game room, pool and hot tub. We were pleasantly surprised with everything about this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank dew0308

Thank you so much for staying with us and for your wonderful review. I am so happy that you enjoyed the free breakfast buffet and all the amenities our hotel has to offer. If you are traveling with kids this is the place to stay because we have so much to offer.
I hope that you will come back to see us again soon.

Reviewed August 8, 2012

Pro: it's pet friendly (with a fee of course). Cons: Rude front desk staff, a labyrinth of poorly lit hallways, crumbling exterior doorframes, stinky (smoky/moldy) rooms--even though we requested non-smoking. We were supposed to be impressed by the pool/entertainment complex and I have to say it's probably a pro if you have teenagers, but the pool was packed and my little ones got overwhelmed by the splashing/rough-housing. We had to walk *through* a "coat and tie" conference to get to the pool--with two little ones and all of us in our bathing suits. There are a lot of other places to stay in Lexington, I won't be back to this one.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank kikib32

I apologize that you had a bad stay at our hotel. I would love to speak to you directly so I can get some information in regards to your stay. I assure you that rude behavior is not tolerated and customer service is the most important part of our jobs. We pride ourselves on friendly and helpful employees.
In regards to the FunDome facility there are alternate routes to access this area and I apologize that the front desk staff did not make you aware.
Once again I apologize and I would love the oppurtunity to speak with you. Please feel free to contact me directly at 859-825-5020.

Reviewed August 7, 2012

We went to this hotel for the pool, which was truly wonderful. Upon arrival, I was asked to sign that if we smoked in our room we would be charged 100 dollars. I was shocked to find that our bedroom smelt not only of mold but also of cigarette smoke. This hotel is now non-smoking throughout, but the carpets haven't been changed since before smoking was banned, so the smell of smoke is thick all over corridors and stairs. The staff were average, not overly friendly. I have to say that we arrived late and there were few rooms left, hopefully this room was an exception rather than the rule for this hotel. When checking out, I complained of the smell in our room and the staff reduced the room rate for me, which was very nice. Certainly not worth the rate I was supposed to pay. Will not be going back unless they renovate...

Room Tip: Ask to see your room before committing...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank FamilyRoadtrip2012

I am so sorry that your experience was below standard. We pride ourselves on giving a good product with great customer service at the best possible value. I assure you that these matters have been addressed and that we appreciate your comments. We use these comments to improve for future guests.
Please contact me directly the next time you are traveling through. I would love the oppurtunity to show you the level of service and product we strive to provide.

Reviewed August 1, 2012

Stayed here for a conference, the overall experience was ok, they just seemed a little overwhelmed. At check in at the opening day of the conference they would not let anyone check in before 4pm and when they started leting people check in it took for ever. A few days into the conference it was taking till 6pm to get the rooms cleaned. Now not all was bad, some staff bent over backwards to make the experience an excellence one.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for choosing Clarion Hotel. I appreciate your business as well as your comments. I will look into the staffing levels and make sure we adjust them to ensure you are receiving the best service possible. I was glad to hear that our staff went above and beyond to meet your needs. Our staff strives to deliver great service.
Once again thank you, we hope to see you again soon.