“Basic and old”

Clarion Hotel Conference Center North
Ranked #24 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Reviewed June 6, 2012 via mobile

Before being at this hotel I really had no idea what to expect. Upon arrival the exterior looked ok. The checking in went well and staff was friendly.

First thing we noticed was the swimming pool smell. We had a room away from the reception area. Entrance to our part of the building was ran down, wallpaper was getting loose, not in very good condition.
In the Hallway the ceiling was in a bad state. We got kinda afraid about how our room would be.

Room wasn't that bad actually and in better shape than the hallway. It had the basics. The bed had a memory foam kind of mattres not bad but I wouldn't like to have it at home.
Soundproofing was good as well from inside and outside noise.

The hotel has a large indoor pool with large arcade and indoor basketball field ( one baskett). The pool smell is throughout a large part of the building fortunately not in our part.
Maybe they need better ventilation in the pool area or less chemicals.

Wifi and hot breakfast is complimentary. Wifi speed is good.

All in all an ok stay nothing fancy but we didn't expect fancy from this hotel. Don't compare it to Marriott or Hilton because then it would lose by far.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank mafootje
Clarionlex, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Conference Center North, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2012

Thank you for choosing Clarion Hotel, we appreciate your business. While we are an older property we take great pride in ensuring we offer a good room at a great value. I assume by your comments you entered the hotel through entrance J. This is the only entrance that has not undergone renovation. It is scheduled to be done this month. In regards to the pool chemicals we appreciate your comments and we will investigate the cause for the odor throughout the hotel. This is not a normal issue and we will be sure to get it corrected. The hotel is undergoing renovation and I hope you will stop again soon to see our improvements.

Reviewed June 3, 2012

Do not stay here!! I got bit all over with bed bug bites! I complain to the front desk and all they did was give me $15 dollars off (wow) I should have gotten all my money back! There was mold all on the walls and smelled like mold! Its just a nasty hotel!!

4  Thank alwaysonthegotim
Clarionlex, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Conference Center North, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2012

I am so sorry that you experienced issues during your stay. I would love the opportunity to speak to you directly in regards to this matter. If you could please contact me so I can get information needed to have this investigated I would greatly appreciate it. We have a preventative maintenance program in place with an outside pest control company to handle any and all pest issues. We take the threat of bed bugs very seriously and pride ourselves on being proactive in this matter. I hope to speak to you soon.

859-825-5020
mmcguire@clarionhotellex.com

Reviewed May 29, 2012

Nice place to stay, breakfast was above average for a hot meal. AC not cooling well in room, but it was hotter than normal for May. Kids really enjoyed the pool, arcade, and Bball court. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Clarionlex, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Conference Center North, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2012

Thank you for choosing Clarion Hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and got to take advantage of our FunDome area.
We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed May 23, 2012

We checked into this hotel for a soccer tournament with three dogs. The hotel was very nice and we were very happy with the decision of the soccer team to stay in this hotel for the weekend and very very glad to be able to bring the rest of our family. Not only were dogs allowed but we were not charged anything additional either. At the receptionist desk they had a bowl of doggie treats which I thought was very nice as well. They offered a complimentary breakfast which was also very nice as well. It is always nice to get up in the morning and not have to buy breakfast since while you are traveling you have to buy lunch and dinner out. Overall we enjoyed our trip and thoroughly enjoyed taking our doggies along with us. The beds were quite comfy as well!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Clarionlex, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Conference Center North, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2012

Thank you for choosing Clarion Hotel. We appreciate your business and we are so happy to be able to allow pets. I did however want to point out for future visits that we do charge a $35 non-refundable pet fee for deep cleaning upon check out. This is per visit not per day or pet.
Once again thank you for choosing Clarion and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed May 17, 2012

We arrived in Lexington on the weekend of the Rolex Tournament and many places were booked. This hotel was more expensive than we wanted to spend, but they honored our coupon, even though rooms were scarce.

The hotel is very large. It was clean, the beds were comfortable and the breakfast was good.

Would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Clarionlex, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Conference Center North, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2012

Thank you for staying with us. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed May 17, 2012

I chaperoned a group of students to a state competition held at the Clarion. The employees at the Clarion treated all of the students with respect and kindness. This is not always easy to do. The amenities are wonderful for families with children. There was so much to do, the youth did not get bored. We ate in the Restaurant and were more than pleased. You could not ask for better customer service than what we experienced on our visit to the Clarion.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for choosing Clarion Hotel. We appreciate your business and we are glad you enjoyed your stay and our amenties. We can't wait to see you again soon.

Reviewed May 8, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for the Kentucky Derby. While there were many nice things about this hotel I was vastly disappointed on the number of staff they had working in both the sports bar & restaurant. Only one waitress on in the sports bar on a Friday night, of the derby weekend no less? Then when returning for dinner after the derby Saturday night, there was not enough staff on hand in the restaurant to order dinner before they closed, so we had to eat in the sports bar, where once again only one waitress was on.

The rooms were a little dreary, but functional and comfortable. Internet access while supposedly free, was never working from the rooms. When I called the front desk the first day I was told "no one else has reported an issue, you can come down to the business center if you want" If I wanted to use the computers in the business center, I wouldn't have brought a laptop that would enable me to work. Additionally I checked with other people I were traveling with and none of them had internet access from their rooms either.

I expected much more from a Clarion and the hard working staff deserve much better from their management & property owners.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Clarionlex, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Conference Center North, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2012

I am so sorry that you experienced issues with the staffing level at the hotel. We appreciate your comments and would like to discuss the issues you encountered directly. Please contact me at your earliest convenience to discuss. We value your comments and will use them to improve. Our number one goal is to provide good quality service to all guest.

859-825-5020