“Large hotel close to horse park, airport, dpwntown”

Clarion Hotel Conference Center North
Ranked #23 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Reviewed April 29, 2012

We just finished our short vacation here at the rolex 3 day eventing at the Kentucky Horsepark. Found the hotel on line and was able to use one of my AAA or horse club memberships for a rate discount. Rooms were clean, beds comfy, FULL hot breakfast for each guest! It is a bit spread out and possible confusing, but plenty of pRking Nd you never need to go outside. We were able to print out our boarding passes at the small business center somewhat inconveniently located in a hallway next to the pool entrance. Lots of soggy pool children walking by. All in all it was a good price, great rooms, free hot breKfast, and very convenient to the horse park and airport! I would definitely stay here again. Desk and staff excuse southern hospitality!

Stayed: April 2012
Clarionlex, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Conference Center North, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2012

Thank you for choosing Clarion Hotel. We appreciate your business and well as the comments in regards to your stay.
We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed April 24, 2012

This older hotel was very large with an attached restaurant where we ate a hot breakfast. The room was clean with the usual amenities. We chose the hotel because it was pet-friendly without being forced into a smoking room. The breakfast did not offer many healthy alternatives except oatmeal, which is a favorite of mine. For those who enjoy biscuits and gravy, waffles, and sausages, all were available. Miles after we left the hotel, I realized I had forgotten my cell phone charger plugged into the room's outlet. I almost didn't call because usually lost items disappear into the void. However, much to my surprise, Cathy Karczewski (Executive Housekeeping Supervisor) promptly mailed the charger to my home and I had it within the week.

Room Tip: There is a special dog walking area. If you are traveling with a dog, ask for a room as close as po...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Clarionlex, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Conference Center North, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2012

Thank you for choosing Clarion Hotel in Lexington and for taking the time to give us feedback. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay and that we were able to get your charger back to you so quickly. I hope to see you again soon.

Sinerely,

Reviewed April 23, 2012

We travel to Lexington to visit a daughter at college. We have stayed at this hotel twice and had interesting experiences.

New Years Day was a bit hectic checking in as the place had a huge New Year's Eve party the night before all with late check out. It took a few minutes for them to find us rooms as we did not have reservations. Last time they had a large group in for an academic competition.

There is a large pool and rec area so I guess that brings in a lot of groups.

The mattresses are awesome memory foam.

The people have always been friendly and helpful.

Kevin

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Clarionlex, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Conference Center North, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2012

Thank you for choosing Clarion Hotel in Lexington. We appreciate your business and we are so happy to have you as a return guest.
The Tempurpedic mattresses are wonderful and of course we have rooms with regular beds for those who prefer a non foam mattress so don't forget to request the Tempurpedic when making your reservation.

Once again thank you staying with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed April 17, 2012

My daughter and I stayed at the Clarion for one night. Before our road trip, I researched different hotels in different cities along the way to insure the best experience. I chose the Clarion because of all the good reviews. After we checked in, which was easy enough, we went to the side entrance to access our room. Entrance "E" I believe it was--dark and dated, with a door that did not lock behind us when we went in. The room was upstairs, two double beds, which were comfy enough. The fan had a continuous function which seemed to work well for drowning out any hall or highway noise. The bathroom was quite small and the rug was dirty with a huge red stain between the beds. When I went to double-lock the doors, I discovered that the deadbolt did not work properly, so that the door would partially open regardless of whether it was locked or not. The top latch did work however, so we went to sleep without requesting another room because it was late and we were exhausted. When we left early the next morning, I tested the outside door again and it was accessible from the outside without a key. Not cool!!

Based on our feelings that the hotel was dated for an undated price, and that we did not have proper security, we would never stay at this hotel again. It was our first experience with a Clarion, so not a great representation of the brand, if you ask me.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank HopeSprings0
Clarionlex, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Conference Center North, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2012

I am so sorry that you didn't feel secure during your recent stay with us. We have checked the door at entrance E and made some adjustments to correct any issues. I would love the oppurtunity to discuss these issues with you directly to ensure we have corrected all areas of concerns. Security and safety is our number one priority.
I hope to hear from you soon.
859-233-0512 ext 284
mmcguire@clarionhotellex.com

Reviewed April 13, 2012

I stayed here one night on business. This is a huge property right off the interstate. They have a large parking area on the right side of the building that you can park a big rig. The room was a little more expensive than others in the area. I had a smoking room (# 155) which was at the opposite end of the property. It appeared to me that these rooms are in an older part of the building. No fridge or microwave in the room, but you can get a microwave brought to you for a $10 charge. The walls in this section are thin, I heard the people in the next room until about 2 am. The shower was only luke warm and wasn't great for a 30 degree night.they did, however, adjust the rate for the problems. Lots of amenities for families, pool, arcade, two restaurants, etc. breakfast was great. I would stay again.

Room Tip: Ask odor a room on the right side of the hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank cah3295
Clarionlex, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Conference Center North, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2012

Thank you for choosing Clarion Hotel. We appreciate your business and we will use your comments to improve your next visit. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed April 11, 2012

Spent the Easter Weekend at the best place in the country the Clarion Hotel in Lexington for the Blazing Saddles Charity dart tournament..the facility, staff, and venue were clean and a pleasure to work with..the hot buffett was one of the best I've ever had, and any problems (there really wasn't any) was answered and fixed by the staff as soon as they were asked. The "FunZone" was great for those with family members, and the Sports Page was a pleasant experience for the "older" patrons who wanted to relax, have a drink, get a GREAT burger and watch golf on all the big screens..I've travelled to every state and over 65 countries, and this was one of my best experiences... CLEAN ENVIRONMENT, KIND STAFF, GREAT EXPERIANCE

Room Tip: if you can get one of the suites, they are very roomy and nice, and the "Super Master Suite&quo...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Clarionlex, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Conference Center North, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2012

Thank you for your wonderful comments. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed March 29, 2012

Family of four, we did not make prior reservations, traveling to east coast from midwest. Stopped at visitor center on state boarder picked up hotel coupon page. Great deal, Excellent Service, Very Friendly and Courtious Staff, Exceptionally Clean Room, Wonderful Pool area, arcade, basketball court, fitness area, very quiet and relaxing. (AND we understood the english at the front desk which was great! no offense to any one! that might help some travelers decide on this hotel)

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family

Thank your for Choosing Clarion Hotel in Lexington KY. We appreciate your business as well as your wonderful comments. We hope to see you again soon.